Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jonnye
Please post your "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" questions in this master thread.

As this is a wiki thread everyone can now edit this post and add information, particularly on popular routes.

Example:

IST-BKK, TK68, A340-300, old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
BKK-IST, TK65, A330-300, 2-2 full flat
IST-JFK, TK3, A330-300, new business class seat, flat, no comfort class
IST-JFK, TK1, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IST-PVG, TK26, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
HKG-IST, TK71, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class
IAH-IST, TK34, B777-300, new business class seat, flat, comfort class

Details and pictures of the aircraft interiors in all classes can be found here:
FAQ 4: Flying with Turkish Airlines: lounges, aircraft, routes, baggage...

A321's & B738's/9's Business Class Seats Conundrum:
4x Rows - Seating AB EF = New Business Class (Cradle Seats)
3x or 5x Rows - Seating AC DF = Old Business Class (Economy Seats w/ middle seat blocked)

Seat map for 2 class B777

Economy:

Business:

Print Wikipost

"I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
TK will try to send the new A321s with IFE and proper seats in business class, but there is always the odd chance that they need to swap them last-minute.

If price is comparable with BA (and cheaper than the 777 J), I would take TK, at least you know you get better food and access to the lounge in IST on your way back.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
July 2 - 6 are my dates.

I went ahead with TK as, even with old product in J, it will have superior food than BA plus there is the chance of the new J or up-gauge aircraft my dates.

Plus flight is the first day of TK operating in LHR T2 - hindsight suggests that it might be a bad idea to fly out of T2 the first day several airlines relocate to the new terminal.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by seegs
July 2 - 6 are my dates.

I went ahead with TK as, even with old product in J, it will have superior food than BA plus there is the chance of the new J or up-gauge aircraft my dates.

Plus flight is the first day of TK operating in LHR T2 - hindsight suggests that it might be a bad idea to fly out of T2 the first day several airlines relocate to the new terminal.
Well, good luck then. Todays flight is operated by the new type of J class equipped aircraft, so fingers crossed
Old Apr 3, 2014, 4:14 am

How can you tell which flights (or which aircraft) are operated with the new 2-2 product? Also any idea on how many have been refurbished so far?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by killuminati
How can you tell which flights (or which aircraft) are operated with the new 2-2 product? Also any idea on how many have been refurbished so far?
Well there are no refurbishments. However, all new arriving aircraft come with the new interior.

For A321: Everything onwards of TC-JRM is with the new product and also of TC-JSA onwards is new.

On the B737 you have everthing onwards of TC-JHM with the new interior. Of course, the 737 900 is also with the new interior.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ferhat777
Well there are no refurbishments. However, all new arriving aircraft come with the new interior.

For A321: Everything onwards of TC-JRM is with the new product and also of TC-JSA onwards is new.

On the B737 you have everthing onwards of TC-JHM with the new interior. Of course, the 737 900 is also with the new interior.
How early does TK release the seat map so you'll know what you have? I'm on SAW-BRU on July 17 and would love to know what we're going to get.

In either case for a 12pm flight, what's the meal likely to be like in C?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by CAlex
TK will try to send the new A321s with IFE and proper seats in business class, but there is always the odd chance that they need to swap them last-minute.
I recently had a chance to fly on a A321 with a proper C - very good product...
Old Apr 4, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
How many rows of J does the newly fitting out A321s have? My flight shows 5.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Ferhat777

Perfect, thanks. So it's about a 66% chance on the TK A321s. The ones from Kingfisher also have a 2-2 config so on the total A321 fleet chances should be about 70%.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
TK A321 Variants

Sorry for another thread about the 321s, but trying to determine what we'll get. I'm flying BOM-IST-TLV on April 8, my wife is doing the same on the 10th. In Y. Both on TK 786 on the IST-TLV sectors. Both operating with a 321, but with different cabins.

My flight is showing a cabin with rows 1-6 as Business and 7-34 in Y. Both Expertflyer and TKs website on a dummy booking shows this - the only difference is on TKs site, it shows the forward of each exit rows as only 2 seats on each side, EF shows 3 on each side in all Y rows. EF calls this a "321"

My wife's flight is showing 4 rows of Business (1-4) and 5-33 as Y on EF - I can't bring up the seatmap on TK since its Y0, so sold out. EF also calls this a "32R"

I also saw a third variant for a different flight we're not booked on to TLV, with 5 rows of Business.

What is the difference, aside from seat capacity, between the different 321 versions, and what does 32R mean as opposed to 321? Are some new seats vs. old? Does IFE differ between them?

And one last question - how often do they switch at the gate. My main concern is for my wife's flight - I don't see any Y availability all day, and am concerned about what might occur if her flight is switched last minute to a 321 with fewer seats than the one that is scheduled right now.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:09 am

4 rows of J and starting from 5 to row 33 Y is the latest TK A321 cabin, featuring the latest IFE with a broad selection of movies. Everyting else is the older model with no IFE.
There is one more variant of ex Kingfisher with 5 rows of J and I think till 38 Y, which also has a better interior and IFE, however TK only owns 4 of them.

If there is no change. Your flight will be the older TK bird with no IFE and no proper J seat. only middle seat is empty.
your wife should have the latest cabin. i also checked it and it seems to be correct.
However, an aircraft substitution might be possible in her case, since flight is overbooked.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Man > ist > sin

So I'd never flown TK until earlier this week

Good product, terrific crew^

I need to fly to SIN on Sunday

Am I correct in thinking that TK66/67 are lie flat in Business?

TK, £3,000
LX, £4,400

Many thanks

Originally Posted by G_G
: all the 77Ws and the A330-300s have flat beds
SeatGuru appears to confirm lie flats for both A330's

So on that basis (& your post), I've booked the flights

(I would have automatically booked LX if I hadn't tried TK earlier this week)

Last edited by Wickersley; Apr 11, 2014 at 11:24 am Reason: Think I found the answer
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:47 pm

[QUOTE=Wickersley;22688729]So I'd never flown TK until earlier this week

Good product, terrific crew^

I need to fly to SIN on Sunday

Am I correct in thinking that TK66/67 are lie flat in Business?

TK, £3,000
LX, £4,400

Many thanks

Singapore is operated by A330 aircraft daily with lie flat seats in Business.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
TK1952 AMS-IST A321 - old business class seat, angled, no comfort class
TK703 IST-KHI 737 equipment swap - European Business Class (economy with center blocked)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:23 am

Does Turkish have any plans to upgrade other long haul aircraft type to the lie flat in business? Is this an ongoing process?

Considering Turkish for a flight to CMB but nervous it might end up one of the old business seats!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.