Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyerby
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system-wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

It is advisable to call TK to verify the number of vouchers you have prior to and after the upgrade (unless you have no vouchers left).

Upgrades are done by calling TK CS or a local TK office (by phone or email).

One voucher is needed to upgrade per direction. For example, the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK will need one voucher to upgrade, and the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK-IST-LHR will need two vouchers. If an agent tells you otherwise, HUCA.

How to find itineraries with availability for a voucher upgrade?
Find an itinerary in any class in Y that has 4 seats left in J booking class on the same itinerary as the Y. To be extra cautious, you may also check the individual legs (when applicable) for 4 seats left in J booking class. For example, for the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK, check at least that LHR-IST-BKK has 4 seats left in J booking class, and in addition, check LHR-IST and IST-BKK individually too.

You can no longer check for upgrade availability without having an e-ticket number.

A relatively low-risk method of proceeding is therefore...

1) Reserve a ticket online with TK but don't pay for the ticket yet. Just put it on hold for 48 hours for free for E+ members.
2) Book an economy class ticket on the same itinerary with a reputable USA-based OTA that offers a 24-hour cooling-off / full refund period.
3) Once you have received your e-ticket number, go to Manage Booking on the TK website and check if TK has offered a business upgrade with miles for your intineray. Any segment eligible for an upgrade with miles on the website is also eligible for an upgrade with E+ vouchers.
4) Another option would be to call TK CS and ask an agent to check if the ticket in (2) is upgradeable with your vouchers. Do not upgrade this ticket; just check.
5) Once availability is confirmed for your itinerary, pay for the ticket in (1). Upon payment and ticketing, call TK CS to ask an agent to upgrade this ticket.
6) Cancel for free the ticket in (2).

Another even lower-risk method would be to skip (1) and just upgrade the ticket in (2). If unsuccessful with the E+ upgrade, you can proceed to cancel your economy ticket within the 24-hour cooling-off period. Going with this route, you would then have to be in contact with the OTA and not TK in cases of schedule change, cancellation, or IRROP, which is not usually advisable unless you really have to.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers; this is the PIN you use to log on to your TK M&S account.

Print Wikipost

Elite Plus upgrade voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
I want to fly on TK 67 from CGK to IST.
TK 67 from CGK to IST has J0, while TK 67 from SIN to IST has J1 (it is the same flight, just a stop in SIN). Has anybody had this case before, and was able to upgrade the second leg of an "one leg" flight?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another question regarding those upgrade vouchers.

We know E+ gets 2 per membership year (rolling 12M), and have to be used during the membership year, however, do the travel dates have to fall within those respective membership year?

For example, your first membership year is October 1st, 2013 to Oct 3rd, 2014. I have 2 vouchers for this period, but when I book the flights traveling between Dec 1st and 15th, 2014, will I be able to use those vouchers designated for the first year if I make the reservation on or before Oct 3rd, 2014?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
For example, your first membership year is October 1st, 2013 to Oct 3rd, 2014. I have 2 vouchers for this period, but when I book the flights traveling between Dec 1st and 15th, 2014, will I be able to use those vouchers designated for the first year if I make the reservation on or before Oct 3rd, 2014?
Answer is yes. I've done actual flying in next qualification period several times, no issues whatsoever.

I'd make a reservation late September to be on a safe side.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:43 pm

on a three class flight, will the vouchers upgrade Economy to Business or only to Comfort Class?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by vivamuci
on a three class flight, will the vouchers upgrade Economy to Business or only to Comfort Class?
Only Economy to Comfort or Comfort to Business.

edit: sorry, read it wrong, it was upgrading using miles.

How's availability on US/Canada flights for upgrades? We all know awards are very hard to get.

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 14, 2013 at 7:47 am
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
I always had upgrade from economy to business, even if all the flight out of my stations (PEK, PVG and HKG) have comfort class.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by pvgman
I always had upgrade from economy to business, even if all the flight out of my stations (PEK, PVG and HKG) have comfort class.
Same for me. Upgraded a multi-leg roundtrip flight from economy to business class.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; UA Gold Elite; Marriott Platinum Elite
Forgot to mention that the flights also had comfort class (LAX, JFK), but I was still able to upgrade from economy to business. Probably one of the easiest phone calls I've ever had with TK.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Why do you mislead fellow FT posting something that is absolutely wrong?

Elite Plus upgrade is from Economy or Comfort to Business class.
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...lite_plus.aspx

2 Complimentary Upgrade on any Turkish Airlines flights:
As an Elite Plus card holder, your loyalty will be granted with 2 upgrades within each Elite Plus membership year without redeeming your miles from your account. You may use this privilege on any Turkish Airlines flights you wish, to upgrade your paid Turkish Airlines Economy Class or Comfort Class flight to Business Class.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:37 pm

Excellent, thank you for the quick replies!

Next question: Can they waitlist me for the upgrade or can they only upgrade once "J" inventory shows at least J1?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
According to some reports here they can wait list you. I have never done that, but there is a thread here with the waitlist in the thread name even, so you can search for info.

If I am planning a trip which I intend to upgrade, I usually just use Expert Flyer and then book once there is availability. Directly after I have paid the ticket I call up the call center and ask them to upgrade.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...periences.html

Last edited by johhenrik; Mar 14, 2013 at 1:35 am Reason: Added thread URL
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
2 weeks ago I upgraded LAX-IST from Comfort (A fare) to Business, and they advised that they can process the upgrade if they have seats available, even if J is no longer available.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by CAlex
2 weeks ago I upgraded LAX-IST from Comfort (A fare) to Business, and they advised that they can process the upgrade if they have seats available, even if J is no longer available.
Had a similar request for BEY-HEL.Was denied.
Explanation:No J availability.

TK at its best.

Same thing.Some E+ get always r/t ups,others only 1 Segment
per voucher.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:29 am

How's availability on US/Canada flights for upgrades? We all know awards are very hard to get.
Actually i have been told the same thing when upgrading with E+ vouchers. From a few TK agents. I have always bought CC ticket when traveling to destination with CC available thinking that it's only choice to get E+ voucher upgrade to J.. I guess it's just TK like always? Well, i got the extra miles..
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: TK E+
I have now tried to spend my upgrade vouchers for 10 months, with no luck. There simply never seems to be any J availability on the routes I fly. My work schedule do not permit me to book tickets 5-6 months in advance, which seems to be necessary to ever find any J availability.

There are rumors that some check-in agents will actually let you use vouchers for upgrade if there is any C seats available, regardless of fare class. Anyone here have any practical experience with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.