Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyerby
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system-wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

It is advisable to call TK to verify the number of vouchers you have prior to and after the upgrade (unless you have no vouchers left).

Upgrades are done by calling TK CS or a local TK office (by phone or email).

One voucher is needed to upgrade per direction. For example, the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK will need one voucher to upgrade, and the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK-IST-LHR will need two vouchers. If an agent tells you otherwise, HUCA.

How to find itineraries with availability for a voucher upgrade?
Find an itinerary in any class in Y that has 4 seats left in J booking class on the same itinerary as the Y. To be extra cautious, you may also check the individual legs (when applicable) for 4 seats left in J booking class. For example, for the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK, check at least that LHR-IST-BKK has 4 seats left in J booking class, and in addition, check LHR-IST and IST-BKK individually too.

You can no longer check for upgrade availability without having an e-ticket number.

A relatively low-risk method of proceeding is therefore...

1) Reserve a ticket online with TK but don't pay for the ticket yet. Just put it on hold for 48 hours for free for E+ members.
2) Book an economy class ticket on the same itinerary with a reputable USA-based OTA that offers a 24-hour cooling-off / full refund period.
3) Once you have received your e-ticket number, go to Manage Booking on the TK website and check if TK has offered a business upgrade with miles for your intineray. Any segment eligible for an upgrade with miles on the website is also eligible for an upgrade with E+ vouchers.
4) Another option would be to call TK CS and ask an agent to check if the ticket in (2) is upgradeable with your vouchers. Do not upgrade this ticket; just check.
5) Once availability is confirmed for your itinerary, pay for the ticket in (1). Upon payment and ticketing, call TK CS to ask an agent to upgrade this ticket.
6) Cancel for free the ticket in (2).

Another even lower-risk method would be to skip (1) and just upgrade the ticket in (2). If unsuccessful with the E+ upgrade, you can proceed to cancel your economy ticket within the 24-hour cooling-off period. Going with this route, you would then have to be in contact with the OTA and not TK in cases of schedule change, cancellation, or IRROP, which is not usually advisable unless you really have to.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers; this is the PIN you use to log on to your TK M&S account.

Print Wikipost

Elite Plus upgrade voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Z and I don't give miles to M&S card holders. J gives 200% EQM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Frontliner
Z and I don't give miles to M&S card holders. J gives 200% EQM.
True.

Upgraded tickets are supposed to get credit for originally booked class. I booked A and got upgraded to J, should get 150% M&S miles.

There are always possibilities that some other program only looks at class code J and credits accordingly. I'll credit to M&S. IST-LAX is 10298 miles each way. That's good enough for me.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
True.

Upgraded tickets are supposed to get credit for originally booked class. I booked A and got upgraded to J, should get 150% M&S miles.

There are always possibilities that some other program only looks at class code J and credits accordingly. I'll credit to M&S. IST-LAX is 10298 miles each way. That's good enough for me.
Where did you get that information that upgrade voucher can be used if there availability in J booking class? I have thought that it books in to Z which is the same booking class than in seat guaranteed award?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Where did you get that information that upgrade voucher can be used if there availability in J booking class? I have thought that it books in to Z which is the same booking class than in seat guaranteed award?
TK call centre as well as J for Juliet class in local TK office.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:09 am
tcm

The last time I used my e-voucher (about 8 months ago) it was depended on Z class availability. Either there has been a change in the rules or the agent was misinformed. It could also be that Comfort>Business upgrades are processed differently than Economy>Business with E+ vouchers. BTW, I always was successful in using my e-vouchers over the call center with minimum fuss. I guess I was lucky with competent agents.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

J indeed

J class is also in the new e-ticket.
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/535/tkjv.jpg

This is my first E+ upgrade. I can't comment on how it was in the past.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:24 am

Just to make sure that we are on the same page and i tried to write as clear as possible(my English isn't always the best) earlier.

dabee69 im talking about the actual booking class which has to be available for the upgrade to go through, did the call center specify that it's J instead of Z or were they vague and could have spoken about the end result: upgraded ticket, which is J after the upgrade has gone through?

I don't know if you are getting my idea guys but i found this interesting. It would be great if it would be like that "If there J availability you can use voucher" because there is tons of availability compared to Z which they don't even load to various routes GDS(?)

Could it be also that agents are just pushing the upgrades through and not really checking the availability that much?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

I clearly heard J (Juliet) in both cases - call center as well as in local TK office.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dabee69
I clearly heard J (Juliet) in both cases - call center as well as in local TK office.
That's great news! Thank you for the information
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:52 am
tcm

Well, apparently Z is now used for Comfort Class. The e-vouchers are now booked in to J. I just wish they would communicate these changes on their website or newsletter.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by tcm
Well, apparently Z is now used for Comfort Class. The e-vouchers are now booked in to J. I just wish they would communicate these changes on their website or newsletter.
+1. I wonder do these vouchers stack up? Actually it makes sense that Z could be moved to comfort class voucher booking class because at least experflyer isn't showing shorthaul Z on the routes which i checked.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:43 am
tcm

+1. I wonder do these vouchers stack up? Actually it makes sense that Z could be moved to comfort class voucher booking class because at least experflyer isn't showing shorthaul Z on the routes which i checked.
Unfortunately they do not stack up. They expire if not used in each membership year. This is mentioned on the Turkish version of the website but not on the English version, useless website...
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:53 am

Materializing these vouchers was as fun as getting a tooth pulled out of your mouth. Without sedative. After 2 hours and 4 calls to their call center i finally have a valid ticket.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Materializing these vouchers was as fun as getting a tooth pulled out of your mouth. Without sedative. After 2 hours and 4 calls to their call center i finally have a valid ticket.
Good to hear that the vouchers finally materialized into upgraded tickets. Could I please ask, as someone who only made it E+ last November after nearly 5 years as E, how long into your membership year did you receive your first e-vouchers?
Many thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by michlflyer
Good to hear that the vouchers finally materialized into upgraded tickets. Could I please ask, as someone who only made it E+ last November after nearly 5 years as E, how long into your membership year did you receive your first e-vouchers?
Many thanks.
I believe that when you qualify you will instantly get the vouchers. There is no mention of them on your M&S account even if you have them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.