Wiki Posts
Search

New Turkish Airlines Destinations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:21 am
Original Poster

New Turkish Airlines Destinations

Hallo

As seen on the turkish Newspaper "Hürriyet" and from some Others, TK plans to introduce the following new (Longhaul) Destinations, who are introduced with the arriving of the ordered A 330s.

Beginning will be in the 3. Quater of 2010.

Los Angeles, LAX (USA)
Washington, IAD (USA)
Miami, MIA (USA)

Montreal, YUL (Canada)

Dhaka, DAC (Bangladesh) Spring/Summer 2010

Ho Chi Ming City (Vietnam) Spring/Summer 2010

Second daily fligth to Bangkok, BKK (Thailand) with Continuation/Stop to

1.Manila, MNL (Philipines)

2.Colombo, CMB (Sri Lanka)

Sydney, SYD (Australia) via Jarkarta

Guangzhou, CAN (China)

Novosibirsk, OVB (Russia)
Sochi, AER (Russia)

Last edited by sandra9000; Jan 6, 2010 at 2:32 am
Old Jan 6, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
That's very impressive. Good for TK.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:53 am

what will they use to LAX? 77W or A340 (could be weight restricted with a full load / belly?)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:58 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Oh baby TBIT!

I wouldn't mind using them to connect to asia, wonder which direct they will fly.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
wow! Montreal? I wonder why they dont fly to Toronto? Seems a bit weird to fly to Montreal.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
wow! Montreal? I wonder why they dont fly to Toronto? Seems a bit weird to fly to Montreal.
uh...they do in fact fly to Toronto....3 x's weekly nonstop....
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by yyzer1
uh...they do in fact fly to Toronto....3 x's weekly nonstop....
They just started service to Toronto just in the last few months, correct?

I wonder if they'll add a non-stop to Newark with CO now being a Star member, even though they have a flight to JFK.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: TK*G EP
Originally Posted by Shangri-La
They just started service to Toronto just in the last few months, correct?

I wonder if they'll add a non-stop to Newark with CO now being a Star member, even though they have a flight to JFK.
In summer time, TK flies two times a day to JFK so I do not think that EWR is a priority at the moment. IAD is much more important as TK could have better US connections by UA.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:26 am

I wonder why TK wouldn't build the YYZ service to daily before launching YUL (even though YUL does have a fairly significant Lebanese/Middle Eastern population).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
I wonder why TK wouldn't build the YYZ service to daily before launching YUL (even though YUL does have a fairly significant Lebanese/Middle Eastern population).
Exactly..
Old Jan 24, 2010, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
From the European perspective Sydney, Ho Chi Minh, Manila, Sochi and Novosibirsk are very valuable additions. All those destinations are only served by very few European carriers and fares are often unduly high. Well done TK!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by swiss_global
From the European perspective Sydney, Ho Chi Minh, Manila, Sochi and Novosibirsk are very valuable additions. All those destinations are only served by very few European carriers and fares are often unduly high. Well done TK!
I would not agree re SYD. Europe-Australia has some pretty competitive fares, considering the distance, brought about mostly by the added competition from EK and the like in recent years. Note that quite a few European airlines used to fly to Australia but now only 2 do (BA and VS). A combination of low yields and high operating costs (e.g. related to long crew layovers) have made this route difficult for European carriers.

We will see whether TK succeeds. AFAIK there is not currently an a/c that can fly nonstop IST-SYD so - as has been pointed out - the flight will have to go via CGK. This makes is a 2-stop flight from Europe, which is unfavourable compared to the multitude of 1-stop options on either BA/VS, or the Asian carriers (TG, SQ, etc) or the Middle Eastern carriers (EK, EY, QR).
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
well I thought they had swapped YUL from YYZ... im waiting for some great seat sales in business class with TK..
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I would not agree re SYD. Europe-Australia has some pretty competitive fares, considering the distance, brought about mostly by the added competition from EK and the like in recent years. Note that quite a few European airlines used to fly to Australia but now only 2 do (BA and VS). A combination of low yields and high operating costs (e.g. related to long crew layovers) have made this route difficult for European carriers.
For many outside big urban centres, this won't be an issue as they already have to fly to a hub (LHR, FRA etc) to connect on to a flight to Australia anyway meaning a 2 stop journey. Whether the stop is in LHR or IST and the additional stop is SIN or CGK won't make too much of the difference to them.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by colmc
For many outside big urban centres, this won't be an issue as they already have to fly to a hub (LHR, FRA etc) to connect on to a flight to Australia anyway meaning a 2 stop journey. Whether the stop is in LHR or IST and the additional stop is SIN or CGK won't make too much of the difference to them.
OK, I see your point but we are now only talking about the small-ish (I would think) number of people who originate in a city WITH nonstop service (on TK) to IST and WITH NO service to, e.g. DXB/DOH/SIN/BKK/HKG etc. And even for these people TK does not really offer a better alternative, just another option (as you say). Anyway, more service is always welcome, right?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.