Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Global Entry worthwhile?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
Can I use my GE sticker in the Nexus line at the Rainbow Bridge crossing at Niagara Falls? Sorry if this question may have been addressed already but the thread is just too long to go searching through. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by chugger1
Can I use my GE sticker in the Nexus line at the Rainbow Bridge crossing at Niagara Falls? Sorry if this question may have been addressed already but the thread is just too long to go searching through. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately not ... they know Nexus and have no idea about GE
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Unfortunately not ... they know Nexus and have no idea about GE
Of course, wouldn't want to strain their brains too much.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by chugger1
Of course, wouldn't want to strain their brains too much.
I think GE has been implemented extremely well so would say this isn't an appropriate response. The technology related to GE is just not at the Canadian border because the investment in Nexus was already made and being utilized. It's not that big a deal - either cough up the money for Nexus or be treated like any other traveler for that border crossing.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Originally Posted by indo79
When they say bring your conditional approval to the interview, is that just the page where you log in and they say it has been approved? I did not get any mail/email.
On the page where it says you've been conditionally approved there is a link to a letter that you need to print and bring with you.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
When they say bring your conditional approval to the interview, is that just the page where you log in and they say it has been approved? I did not get any mail/email.
Probably won't be asked for it, but it's good to have, just in case..
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by dpdapper
On the page where it says you've been conditionally approved there is a link to a letter that you need to print and bring with you.
Yeah. That's the page. Maybe it depends, but they did ask me for the conditional approval page. I don't remember whether it was an email or whether I just went to the page and printed out the part that said I was approved. I think I got an email.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Thanks! didn't see that first time duh
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler , Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum and various hotel programs
Thanks! didn't see that first time duh
Happy to be of assistance!
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
GE at non-GE airports ?

Are there any benefits or special procedures for those holding GE at non-GE airports? I'll be coming back from PVR via PHX and noticed PHX does not have GE.

nrg
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nrgiii
Are there any benefits or special procedures for those holding GE at non-GE airports? I'll be coming back from PVR via PHX and noticed PHX does not have GE.

nrg
I've asked multiple CBP officers, and have never heard anything about that. Also called GE, and they said the same thing. You could always ask the officers working that day. Perhaps they'll let you cut the line.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have to travel to the UK with SSmith Jr who is 4 years old and doesn't have GE. I do have GE. Is there a way for me to use GE on my return or are we stuck in the regular line?

Steve
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by SSmith
Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have to travel to the UK with SSmith Jr who is 4 years old and doesn't have GE. I do have GE. Is there a way for me to use GE on my return or are we stuck in the regular line?

Steve
I think you will have to use the regular lines as there is no provision for bringing a non-GE member along with a GE member through the kiosk. There were a couple of reports of people intentionally messing up their fingerprint scan to get a "X" on the receipt and then bringing family members along when they jump the line to talk to the CBP officer but I wouldn't count on that working all the time. Besides, the whole idea of the GE program is to expedite processing for screened members, not their friends or family.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by wilp888
Besides, the whole idea of the GE program is to expedite processing for screened members, not their friends or family.
True, but GE isn't available to a 4 year old (which probably are more trustworthy from a GE standpoint than most of the screened participants). Bringing a friend is more than slightly different.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by drewguy
True, but GE isn't available to a 4 year old (which probably are more trustworthy from a GE standpoint than most of the screened participants).
That's not true. DHS has identified hundreds of 4 year olds who are apparently such a threat to national security they warrant inclusion on various terror watch lists, no fly lists, selectee lists et al.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.