Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Easy Sentri - Global Entry 3rd party Scam?

Easy Sentri - Global Entry 3rd party Scam?

Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That is what I was considering when I commented earlier about their interesting "business model".

Potential GE applicants with a previously higher (and/or currently higher) than average likelihood of being denied GE may find themselves saving some money if applying this way?
If you know your odds of rejection are high why are you bothering to apply?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
If you know your odds of rejection are high why are you bothering to apply?
If the fees are refundable, the risk of wasting money may be lower for those whose denial odds may he higher than average -- whether or not the potential applicant knew their rejection chances were higher than average.

If the potential GE applicant knows that his/her odds of rejection are high -- say like a person rejected once or twice before but wanting to try again -- then knowledge of the fees being refundable may matter to the actions taken by a potential GE applicant.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
That is what I was considering when I commented earlier about their interesting "business model".

Potential GE applicants with a previously higher (and/or currently higher) than average likelihood of being denied GE may find themselves saving some money if applying this way?
Or Easy Sentri just rejects questionable applicants without submitting their materials to CBP.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Or Easy Sentri just rejects questionable applicants without submitting their materials to CBP.
If they can see it would be a rejection I'm sure they do. They can't do the background check that CBP does, though.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Unfortunately, I have a relative (PIL) who has also now fallen victim to this scam. As much as I have taught them NOT to click on the first links or READ the URL for insight into which site is legit, they went through with this. I'm trying to figure out the best way to clean it up. the GE application hasn't gone through yet, as the relative had already started an application with GE. Then stopped, then searched for links a few days later, this site came up and they went through this (I know, its sound SUPER dumb). Now, the GE application hasn't begun with these con artists (four man operation in San Diego) and they are saying they need more information to get into the GE site - which technically they would if they needed to actually submit the application.

I hate these sort of sites. It's near the worst of the internet
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Global Entry
Thumbs down DO NOT Use EasySentri - It Is A SCAM!!!

Easy Sentri took my money! They did not complete my application for Global Entry. They would not respond to my multiple emails or phone calls. I had to pay again and reapply directly with the federal government. You do not need to pay a third party to complete this application for you. Go directly to the US.gov web site and complete it yourself. It's cheaper and more efficient. Easy Sentri is a SCAM!!!!!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:57 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. $539.25 for a GE app. That's some scam!
Old May 1, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by lynnanton
Easy Sentri took my money! They did not complete my application for Global Entry. They would not respond to my multiple emails or phone calls. I had to pay again and reapply directly with the federal government. You do not need to pay a third party to complete this application for you. Go directly to the US.gov web site and complete it yourself. It's cheaper and more efficient. Easy Sentri is a SCAM!!!!!
send them an email, saying that you have contacted the card company (AMEX or VISA) to report lack of fulfillment in the online application process and to reverse any charges. I had my (PIL) charges refunded in about 48 hours after that.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by nmenaker
send them an email, saying that you have contacted the card company (AMEX or VISA) to report lack of fulfillment in the online application process and to reverse any charges. I had my (PIL) charges refunded in about 48 hours after that.
Here is a better idea.

Do not send them an email or otherwise contact them.

Simply notify your card issuer that the service was never provided and they have failed to respond to emails and calls. You should have a temporary credit relatively immediately and you will have a permanent credit in short order.

As a general matter, do not phone (or email) bank outfits such as this. One call or email and then start the chargeback.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:23 am

Easybordercards

EasySentri is now running via easybordercards.com
i used EasySentri a few years ago found all my details on the dark web and constant fraud alerts on my Experian report.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.