Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Can a tourist visa be revoked when applying to Global Entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a tourist visa be revoked when applying to Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AM
Question Can a tourist visa be revoked when applying to Global Entry?

Someone I know is on a tourist visa and is considering applying for GE. This person has had a Visa for 40+ years continuously.

Being denied GE doesn't concern her, but she is worried they may revoke her Visa with the application as she had an issue with someone crossing in the same car wrongly claiming to be American back in the 80s. I've found no info on whether this is possible online. Any ideas?

Last edited by hnf41; Apr 27, 2017 at 3:43 pm
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:34 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to FT. Can you share a bit more information about what visa she specifically has and her country of citizenship?

As far as I know, a B-2 visitor visa lasts 6 months, so presumably US Immigration hasn't had cause to deny her visa requests over the last 17+ years since the incident you mention. Also, the situation you describe (someone in her car wrongly claiming to be American) shouldn't have caused her any immigration issues unless she somehow vouched for his lie or otherwise attempted to deceive US immigration authorities.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
As far as I know, a B-2 visitor visa lasts 6 months...
Actually, multiple entry US visitors visas are valid for up to 10 years. Each entry is usually limited to a maximum of 180 days stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.