Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck Fingerprints?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

PreCheck Fingerprints?

Took my SO to enroll in PreCheck (because I've had it for a year and love it) and she had two interesting questions after we got done that I can't find the answer to:

1. Who gets the finger print images? DHS? FBI?
2. Are they stored forever or are they deleted after the KTN is issued?

Thank you all for your great knowledge!
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Finger prints are digitally-stored (have been for many years now) - So who "gets" is meaningless. If what she means is who could "get access" it is in addition to every DHS agency, pretty much all of federal and state (including local) law enforcement, as well as a smattering of non-law enforcement.

Prints are retained permanently.

Why not post the specific issue - it might have a better and more specific answer.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Why not post the specific issue - it might have a better and more specific answer.
Thanks! There isn't an issue per say, it was just her curiosity.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Finger prints are digitally-stored (have been for many years now) - So who "gets" is meaningless. If what she means is who could "get access" it is in addition to every DHS agency, pretty much all of federal and state (including local) law enforcement, as well as a smattering of non-law enforcement.

Prints are retained permanently.

According to this article, http://www.seattletimes.com/life/tra...ngerprints-go/ fingerprints are deleted following precheck background checks.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by guflyer
According to this article, http://www.seattletimes.com/life/tra...ngerprints-go/ fingerprints are deleted following precheck background checks.
The article was either wrong from the start or quickly outdated. I emailed the Director of Privacy Policy and Compliance at TSA on this exact question in summer 2014. His response was that TSA retains them, that you should assume the FBI retains them when the criminal history record check is run, and that while they currently weren't enrolled in DHS's IDENT, that he expected they would be in the future.

I passed this on to Josh Noel; to my knowledge he never followed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.