Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GE Revoked for US Dual Nationals and LPR's from 7 Countries in Travel Ban Exec Order

GE Revoked for US Dual Nationals and LPR's from 7 Countries in Travel Ban Exec Order

Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

For US dual-citizens who had received Global Entry membership and were taken to be dual-citizens of selected blacklist countries from parts of Africa (Libya, Somalia, Sudan) and Asia (principally Iran, Syria, Iraq, Yemen), a lot of these Americans have received GE membership revocation notices this week.

Such people shouldn't be surprised if they can't use GE machines this week and/or are seeing a big drop in PreCheck too.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Source???
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 747FC
Source???
DHS/CBP.

And some twitters and part of the blogosphere are confirming the same.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gsiskind/...27799645192192

And this too http://www.kstk.org/2017/01/30/wrang...mp-travel-ban/ probably involved GE revocation.

For the past few days, GE at LAX, IAD, DFW and HOU have been kicking out lranian-Americans like crazy. These US airports of entry have a higher proportion of Iranian-Americans in the catchment area for the airports than most other US airports of entry.

Amusingly on the most recent Sunday and Monday and Tuesday, when people who look like Iranian-Americans but aren't and show up with a valid GE slip after having declared say food, it hasn't been unheard of for some of them to be (wrongfully) perceived (by CBP) to be FAMs on the flights and asked as much by CBP. Go figure.

<deleted>

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 2, 2017 at 12:00 pm Reason: Policy debate, not practical Trusted Traveler info
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Various
Global Entry Being Revoked for Green Card Holders from the 7 Countries (?)

I'm going to be keeping this really vague, to try to protect people as much as possible (though that is probably in vain, given the nature of the info in this post).

Earlier today, I was talking to a friend/colleague of mine who is originally from one of the 7 majority-Muslim countries targeted by the EO, and who has a green card and global entry. Yesterday afternoon/evening, this person received an email stating that the global entry privileges had been revoked. He/she immediately reached out to a number of his/her colleagues from that same country, with the same background, and found that had happened to them as well.

Not awesome, but no surprise, I suppose, though it does show a level of disappointing "initiative" and thoroughness by someone in that agency.

However, here's the kicker. When I found that out, I reached out to some of my friends from that same community, and, yes, the same thing had happened to them. One of my more remote friends, though, is apparently now a naturalized US citizen (I didn't know that previously), and the *same thing happened to him/her.* I don't know if that is a fluke, I don't know if it is widespread, but it is a chilling data point.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:55 pm

A friend of mine who is a US permanent resident from Iran who was a member of NEXUS received a letter this week stating:

We regret to inform you that your membership in NEXUS has been revoked for the following reason:
- You do not meet program eligibility requirements.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 5:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
This may not be necessary but I'd like to remind you all

This may not be necessary but I'd like to remind you all this is the practical travel form. It's one of the very few forms were some cross posting is allowed. If you'd like to discuss this new facet of the executive order, please feel free to discuss it in the debate for them. Also please confine your comments here to information, data points etc. practical information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Squeakr
Co moderator TS/S
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:09 am

Looks like some people are getting their Global Entry cards revoked!

https://mic.com/articles/168606/us-c...say#.xOzgoGDIF
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Reminder!

Originally Posted by squeakr
This may not be necessary but I'd like to remind you all this is the practical travel form. It's one of the very few forms were some cross posting is allowed. If you'd like to discuss this new facet of the executive order, please feel free to discuss it in the debate for them. Also please confine your comments here to information, data points etc. practical information. Thanks for your cooperation.

Squeakr
Co moderator TS/S
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:03 pm

This article http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle33953553/ says that (as of a couple weeks ago) Canadian PRs who had their NEXUS revoked due to this EO have been reinstated into the program for now.

Not sure if the same is true for US PRs or dual citizens.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:26 am

Yikes. Maybe I should stop pursuing dual nationality status even if the other country isn't on the list currently.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:33 am

More here: Muslims Claim Homeland Security Pulled Their Travel Documents

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 9, 2017 at 1:57 pm Reason: Add headline (FT Rule 7)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chucko
Q1 2017 datapoints (especially those on and after the 31st of January) in the following are rather informative:

https://foiarr.cbp.gov/streamingWord.asp?i=1580

To those subject to such revocation and not reinstated, appealing may make sense.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.