Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Does GE get you into UK faster?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I thought I recently saw some headline about GE being used to enter the UK but now I can't find it (only search results I see are about how GE is now open to UK citizens).

Is the only faster admission into the UK for US citizens through that "Registered Traveller Program"?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You need to apply for Registered Traveller. GE does not get you into UK any faster.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:07 pm

Registered Traveller Program is the only way. The requirements are a lot more strict than GE/Nexus so make sure you meet the requirements before applying.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
I thought I recently saw some headline about GE being used to enter the UK but now I can't find it (only search results I see are about how GE is now open to UK citizens).

Is the only faster admission into the UK for US citizens through that "Registered Traveller Program"?
GE means nothing really for me when dealing with the UKBA/UKBF. The U.K. Registered Traveler program and airline-paid FastTrack for some airline customers are the two main ways for faster admission into the U.K. The UK and its airports are looking at a pay-to-play per-trip option for individual passengers to access fast track entry but it's not in place yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.