Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

U.S. Global Entry benefits extended to Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Global Entry benefits extended to Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by coffeeblack
Is anyone here able to share their experiences applying for Global Entry in Singapore? What are the expected timelines? I applied yesterday, and intend to come to the US in late April, anyone think I have a chance to have GE in time?
I was part of the initial batch of first applicants to apply. From my experience it took 2 weeks after application to schedule an interview. The interview slots were only available about a year later due to the overwhelming response. Good thing they opened up another venue and was able to get an interview a couple of months later.

I'm sure it should have quiet down by now. Hopefully you'll get an initial approval about 2 weeks time and able to schedule an interview after that. GE is usable immediately after the interview process (they take your fingerprints too).

For Visa Waiver countries (including Singapore), you can also use the Automated Passport Control (APC) which is similar to GE except that it's free. This might be a good option if you don't travel much to the US. I'm not sure how long the queues are though since all US Citizens and Green Card holders are eligible to use it as well.

Global Entry is more exclusive and it has a dedicated queue for clearing immigration and baggage check. I used GE twice so far in my travels (both entering via LAX) and I gotta say I'm glad I applied. Was worth the US$100/5 year validity.

With APC and GE, one no longer needs to fill in the blue customs declaration arrival form anymore. My next trip to US is in October and I can't wait to use GE again. ^
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: QR Platinum, IHG Diamond, GHA Titanium
Is anyone here able to share their experiences applying for Global Entry in Singapore? What are the expected timelines? I applied yesterday, and intend to come to the US in late April, anyone think I have a chance to have GE in time?
I applied last month and received conditional approval just over 2 weeks from date of submission. However, interview spots at the Singapore US Embassy is very hard to come by since it's only available from 9-12 every Wed. The earliest slot right now is Dec 6.

I would say you'll most definitely get your conditional approval (barring unforeseen circumstances) but will need to be very lucky to get an interview slot before your trip.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by james84
I applied last month and received conditional approval just over 2 weeks from date of submission. However, interview spots at the Singapore US Embassy is very hard to come by since it's only available from 9-12 every Wed. The earliest slot right now is Dec 6.

I would say you'll most definitely get your conditional approval (barring unforeseen circumstances) but will need to be very lucky to get an interview slot before your trip.
Yep! That's my experience. No interview slots available.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:19 pm

Yep! That's my experience. No interview slots available.
I guess they removed the secondary location since it was only temporary.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:49 pm

Recent Processing Time

Has anyone applied for GE recently? How long does the processing take for Singaporeans so far for those who did recently applied?

Applied mine on 7/15 and is still waiting for a status change.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by edzbit
Has anyone applied for GE recently? How long does the processing take for Singaporeans so far for those who did recently applied?

You can refer to the previous poster's experience james84.

Even if your status do change, you still have to book an interview slot which by now I predict it should be roughly next year onwards.

I guess the initial batch of applicants like myself were lucky, we had a secondary temporary venue for the interview process.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
You can refer to the previous poster's experience james84.

Even if your status do change, you still have to book an interview slot which by now I predict it should be roughly next year onwards.

I guess the initial batch of applicants like myself were lucky, we had a secondary temporary venue for the interview process.
Just wondering for Singaporeans how long it might take for status to change usually, the processing time, if it might still be around 2 weeks at this time. I'm based out in the US so would be easier to find an interview spot in the US.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by edzbit

My friend applied on 7/28 and got approval on 8/15. Just completed the process in Guam.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Honours Gold; Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by kluau88
My friend applied on 7/28 and got approval on 8/15. Just completed the process in Guam.
Has anyone (Singaporeans) gotten conditional approval in less than 2 weeks?

Applied: 16/04/2018
Pending review as of 23/04/2018
Old May 14, 2019, 10:47 pm

Singapore citizen on a B1/B2 business visa here. Although this thread is for US citizens, the same timeline worked for me (73 days). Applied 1 Mar. Conditionally Approved 14 May. Looks like some of us go into a 60-70 day hold window, while a few get lucky. You get a year to schedule the interview.

Last edited by arjunramnath; May 14, 2019 at 10:51 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Singapore citizen.

2024-02-14 Submitted renewal application
2024-02-15 Conditionally approved; require interview.
2024-04-07 Scheduled renewal interview on Zoom (slots were available within the hour); interview lasted a total of less than 2 minutes probably
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by MeltingAlf; Apr 8, 2024 at 3:14 am Reason: got month/day mixed up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.