Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Correcting Errors on Global Entry Applications

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass

I completed an application for Global Entry last week, and I just realized I made a mistake with the date I moved to my current address and started my current job. The correct date is still more than 5 years ago, so I still wouldn't have to list any other addresses or jobs, but the dates I provided are incorrect.

Any chance I get conditionally approved and can correct and interview, or is it pretty much going to be a guaranteed denial.

If, I'm denied, can I fix and reapply, or will I be auto denied once I've already been denied once?

Thanks.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No way that anybody here can tell you the answer to that question, but you can hope that in meshing records from your tax returns (W-2's perhaps?) and what you entered, your application gets flagged, not denied, so that you get asked at your interview.

Let us know as it's an interesting question as to what the tipping point is.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by Often1
No way that anybody here can tell you the answer to that question, but you can hope that in meshing records from your tax returns (W-2's perhaps?) and what you entered, your application gets flagged, not denied, so that you get asked at your interview.

Let us know as it's an interesting question as to what the tipping point is.
If they only check addresses and employment back 5 years, they will find everything checks out.
I've been at my current address and job 10 years, but I messed up the date in my head and so the start date I wrote on the form is longer than 10 years ago.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
here's one data point that may or may not be helpful

when we first applied for GE, I mis-typed our state of residence. It was clear from the ZIP Code that our city was not in the same state as listed, but there was no way to fix it before the interview. We were both interviewed and accepted and were able to correct it after the fact.
Old May 28, 2016, 12:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by swiftaw
I completed an application for Global Entry last week, and I just realized I made a mistake with the date I moved to my current address and started my current job. The correct date is still more than 5 years ago, so I still wouldn't have to list any other addresses or jobs, but the dates I provided are incorrect.

Any chance I get conditionally approved and can correct and interview, or is it pretty much going to be a guaranteed denial.

If, I'm denied, can I fix and reapply, or will I be auto denied once I've already been denied once?

Thanks.
It's uncommon for such discrepancies to be caught and result in GE denial or revocation. The government doesn't have the resources in play for this in order to address any and all discrepancies that may be discoverable if a lot of manual labor hours were made available for investigation of the individual.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by swiftaw

Thanks.
I would think for a relatively minor mistake like this one wouldn't result in denial. Just explain it to the officer at the interview and they can correct the record.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dustman81
I would think for a relatively minor mistake like this one wouldn't result in denial. Just explain it to the officer at the interview and they can correct the record.
This is my guess, as well (note: no inside knowledge).

I'd guess completely leaving it out is probably a bigger issue and probably makes it look like you are trying to hide something. A mixed up date probably isn't a big deal.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Should be fine. I couldn't really recall the date, so I made up a date that seemed to be around the time. Now I know the date was wrong, but I didn't have problems.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I wouldn't sweat it. My application for GE in 2013 listed a bunch of addresses (there were gaps and at least one mistake that I caught after applying but disclosed at the start of the interview) and the CBP officer walked me through it.

(I had recently graduated from college at the time so I had moved between home and different dorms several times over the course of the past five years).

If on the off shot you were denied there's always the option of an appeal.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 3:45 pm

I'm not sure accurate their system is anyway. When I did my application for Nexus I listed all the countries I had been to. Only to be questioned about other countries during my conversation with CBP. The thing was, all the countries listed were ones that my partner had visited and listed in her application.

After a confused back and forth he wrote it off as an IT effup (which he admitted happens with significant frequency) and altered the info and we moved on to other questions.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about, offer to correct it during your interview and that should be it.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:43 pm

GE interviews next week. Question on possible mistake I made

So my wife and I will be doing more intl travel and we have interviews next week. I was the one who filled out all the info online. I believe one of the questions was about international travel in the past 5 years. We traveled to London in 2015 which I noted on my form.

When I entered the travel info for my wife's application I remembered that we had traveled to Costa Rica in 2011 and had come home almost 5 years to the day of filling out the info.

So basically, on my app I only put 1 intl trip and on my wifes I put 2 but the earlier one was within days (I'm not sure exactly) of the 5 year window.

Would either of us be denied if that CR trip wasn't noted correctly?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:24 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Unlikely. When you go in for the interview, just say "I forgot something on my application; there was also this Costa Rica trip, which may have been within the 5 year window".
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just clear it up orally. Don't forget that there isn't anything on the application which CBP doesn't already know, it's to see whether you tell the truth. So, just tell the truth.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by CKDGM
Unlikely. When you go in for the interview, just say "I forgot something on my application; there was also this Costa Rica trip, which may have been within the 5 year window".
Thank you!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Just clear it up orally. Don't forget that there isn't anything on the application which CBP doesn't already know, it's to see whether you tell the truth. So, just tell the truth.
Good point. I'll of course tell them in the interview. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.