Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Maybe Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival has helped.
I guess they added more staff in August. When I checked the availability this morning, for August, only the 8/1 is not available. At 7am PDT this morning, 8/1 was quite open. I think the demands at SFO are very strong.

The rest of August is still quite open. Available every day. Better than September and rest of the year.

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival started 7/7. SFO is one of the five airports. Not sure 10 days of the new program is able to ease the entire August schedule. Regardless, more interview slots at SFO is a good thing to see.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
I just received my renewal's conditional acceptance (~12 hours after leaving SFO ), but currently the GOES site is only giving me slots at SFO in January. I guess I will keep trying...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
I booked for a September appointment at JFK yesterday. Seems to be plenty of availability.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by miketucker
I just received my renewal's conditional acceptance (~12 hours after leaving SFO ), but currently the GOES site is only giving me slots at SFO in January. I guess I will keep trying...
You will find something much sooner if you check diligently, especially when SFO GE office is open. You can also try walk-in at SFO, no one has been turned away yet. It is a matter of wait time.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You will find something much sooner if you check diligently, especially when SFO GE office is open. You can also try walk-in at SFO, no one has been turned away yet. It is a matter of wait time.
Thanks - I have been checking every couple hours today, will just make that part of my regular routine. SFO is inconvenient enough to get to that I won't risk the walk-in (until my next flight out, that is ;-)).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
By any chance is there anyone who just needs to book a placeholder appointment (while they wait for availability at their own location) who could help me out by booking a slot at my location to hold that for me? My partner applied a couple weeks ago but she is Mexican so I don't know how long that process will take, and the appointment slots we need (we live in Europe) are available now for November, but they are disappearing fast. Send a message if you can and thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Ditto about SFO. Was taken to Feb 2018 page. Nothing at west cost airports earlier this week when I was checking (SAN, LAX, PDX and SEA). Just so happened work trip came up that had me visiting DFW. Snagged a date and make the trip fit my new schedule.

Now there's an option to have your interview when entering the country! This may be the route wife will have to go. No chance of doing a walk-in and wait at SFO before we depart for Europe in four weeks.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Ditto about SFO. Was taken to Feb 2018 page. Nothing at west cost airports earlier this week when I was checking (SAN, LAX, PDX and SEA). Just so happened work trip came up that had me visiting DFW. Snagged a date and make the trip fit my new schedule.

Now there's an option to have your interview when entering the country! This may be the route wife will have to go. No chance of doing a walk-in and wait at SFO before we depart for Europe in four weeks.
If I were you, I would check diligently everyday for a cancellation at SFO for your wife. You still have four weeks to go. Very likely, in less than one week, you will find a cancellation slot suits your wife's schedule. Once she is approved, she can use Global Entry kiosk upon her return. She is also likely to have TSA Pre check when she leaves U.S.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: TSA PreCheck, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Enrollment at Arrival is available at 5 international airports. The only west coast location is SFO. The CBP news release is here.
Once a traveler is conditionally-approved, instead of scheduling an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, the traveler can complete the enrollment interview during CBP primary inspection at a participating airport. Upon arrival, travelers will be directed to a primary booth designated specifically for Enrollment on Arrival. A CBP officer will conduct both the primary processing and Global Entry interview and collect the travelers biometrics to complete the enrollment. The traveler will then be cleared for entry into the United States and will be a Global Entry member.
"Follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wont need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport)."
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Please discuss the CBP Global Entry enrollment on arrival program in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 12, 2017 at 9:39 am Reason: Update link
Old Aug 20, 2017, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question and a reply about the possibility of having a walk-in interview at the San Ysidro/Otay Mesa enrollment center were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:40 pm

What are people doing about the need to schedule an appt. in 30 days but none are available? For CLT, nothing is showing up as available. I just get a page saying nothing is available.

Should I just take an appt. for any center far enough out and then keep looking for a cancellation and/or walk-in?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by dvpatel
Should I just take an appt. for any center far enough out and then keep looking for a cancellation and/or walk-in?
Exactly!

To clarify, the interview itself does not have to take place within 30 days. Within 30 days you need to select a date that can be several months in the future. Then keep checking for cancellations at an enrollment center closer to your location.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Exactly!

To clarify, the interview itself does not have to take place within 30 days. Within 30 days you need to select a date that can be several months in the future. Then keep checking for cancellations at an enrollment center closer to your location.
Thank you for the move. Was confused with so many different threads.

I first took an appt for PHL for 10/23. Was trying ATL, CLT, EWR and PHL.

Then, yesterday evening, one opened up for PHL for 9:30 AM on Monday. I cannot make that even though I am in Philly next week as our offices are 45 minutes out in Valley Forge, PA. Kept checking and a few hours later, miraculously, an appt. opened up for 5 PM in PHL. I land in PHL at 4:35 so its cutting it close and I have studied on how to get there the fastest possible way and thankfully I am upfront in the jet so I'll make a dash for the office tomorrow armed with my passport etc.

Only regret is that I won't get an extra year as my b'day is in November and I can wait but I just want this mess over with.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:03 pm

Found the office and was in and out in 5 - 10 minutes. Barely had to wait a minute in waiting area before the officer came and grabbed me for the interview. He checked the passport, the driver's license and approved it. No questions were asked. Only small talk as to where I was from in NC etc. He did bring up a non-charged confiscation of whole cumin seeds we had in 2012 in ATL.

Since it was non-charged, no issues with the approval. He did tell me to play it safe and not bring any food items while using GE.

Thank you for the posts. They helped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.