Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:40 pm

My problem is that SLC only does appointments 2 hours per day, Monday through Friday and there doesn't seem to be as much turnover as some of the other centers.

I just rescheduled for NOLA in October when I will be traveling through on business. I'll keep checking SLC and hoping for something to open up before then.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:18 am

I basically gave up trying to book an appointment for my parents in SFO as it had to be on an exact weekend...

Instead, they'll just make a day trip out of going to Port Clinton.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mdosu
I basically gave up trying to book an appointment for my parents in SFO as it had to be on an exact weekend...

Instead, they'll just make a day trip out of going to Port Clinton.
SFO does accept walk ins.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Moving right along. A slot on 26 July 2016 is waiting for you if you try harder.
I was too slow on that one. Twice seen something open up on the 28th but I can't do that day unless it's early morning or late night. Refreshing the GOES calendar might be more addictive than Pokemon Go.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
I was too slow on that one. Twice seen something open up on the 28th but I can't do that day unless it's early morning or late night. Refreshing the GOES calendar might be more addictive than Pokemon Go.
Your reward is real, not virtual.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Your reward is real, not virtual.
Hah. I finally set up the python script and was about to trigger it, refreshed the page, and I've got an appointment tomorrow. Truly rewarding.

I haven't played Pokemon Go yet but I might just download it now to compare. Not sure anything will match this thrill though.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Someone in this thread and another asked when the GE (Global Entry) scheduling availability is updated.

GE schedule IS updated in real-time. Fact.

Note: PHL automated voice greeting (also confirms above) says that they do not accept walk-ins and that you will be turned away. The CBP Officers that I had said they WILL take walk-ins. They had 4 officers rotating doing interviews. THEY ARE EXTREMELY FRIENDLY!!! I cannot stress that enough.

PHL GE Location:

Go to International Arrivals (Arrivals Rd Philadelphia, PA) Terminal A Parking garage. Do not pull into the short-term. Enter the garage. Drive to third floor of garage. When on the third floor make right turns and you will eventually see A West. There is an entry door on the side (where you will find at least one officer smoking at a time) which takes you straight to the CBP GE Entry office. There is a button outside of the GE door (which the door is loudly marked by a giant floor sign) to the left of the door that doesn't look much like a button at all. Press and they will answer you.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Hah. I finally set up the python script and was about to trigger it, refreshed the page, and I've got an appointment tomorrow. Truly rewarding.

I haven't played Pokemon Go yet but I might just download it now to compare. Not sure anything will match this thrill though.
Congratulations! See, it was not that difficult. Trust me, high from finding a close in slot is hard to describe. I ended up finding a close in slot for three friends. Mind you I did it the old fashion way without a plug in/script. They all wondered how I did it in such a short time frame.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GM (former Premier Silver) : Delta : Air Canada : AmEx Plat :
Originally Posted by donsug
My original appointment at SFO was four months out. I kept reviewing the schedule calendar and was able to change it into a new opening 3 weeks away.

Check the schedule on a regular basis.
My experience as well--First appointment was some months away, I took what was available.

But in subsequent weeks, more slots opened. I was unable to shift to these, but for a busy place like LAX TBIT, it was nice to see that it's worthwhile checking every few days or a week.

I'll also say that others who applied had learned of other offices in metro Los Angeles--the list includes The Usual Airports, but there are a few which are labeled with rather obscure information. One person made an appointment at an office in Culver City.

So if you want as early as possible, look carefully at the list of offices/venues, and test out anything that looks possible--even mystery codes--you can always change/cancel if it turns out to be somewhere across the country.

I'll add that the officers at LAX TBIT with whom I spoke (front desk and interview) were patient and good natured.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:41 pm

SFO advice: grabbed two perfect interview slots for Tues Aug 2nd (half an hour apart!) at around midnight last night. One popped up ten minutes after the other so I think it might have been a couple/family who walked in. Twenty minutes before that I saw them add a ton of slots for October weekends that hadn't existed before (although they are now all gone this morning). Then, the July 29 interview I gave up for this reschedule seemed to hang around for longer than I would've expected. So I would suggest checking in around midnight if you're playing the refresh game on the site - less traffic, and based on the other Global Entry thread, I think people might be having successful walk-ins around then because of the shift change.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The next available appointment at Boston Logan is... May of 2017 - 9 months away.

Something seriously wrong with this global entry thing...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: AX-Plat, Fairmont Premier, AC, SPG-Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
I gave up on Boston...the Houlton Maine crossing on I-95 has appointments three days a week Tu-Th in the Woodstock (Belleville) NB customs warehouse just over the border in Canada. Multiple appointment times open the rest of August each of the three days each week. 5 hours up from Boston..not great but wife's GOES expires in February so at least we get it renewed before the expiration.

And I thought starting the renewal seven months ahead of time would be fine for a Logan appointment!

But, yes, something seriously wrong with this setup that even people starting so far ahead of time have to take off work and drive 10 hours to get an interview.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Keep trying. Interview availability seems to change rapidly.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by ftbargain
I was looking at Houston Downtown for GE appointment and it says "Currently there are no available appointments at this enrollment center. Please check later for openings or choose another enrollment center"

So, I'm afraid they've closed GE at Downtown Houston. Anyone has any recent GE appointments there ?
I just scheduled an interview at the Houston Downtown Library location on 8/9, so I can confirm that it is still operating. However, I'm sure I got very lucky as it looked like it had very limited interview slots each day, I think ~15 or so between 10am-3pm (and I'm sure its much more convenient for most Houston folks than IAH).
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Originally Posted by Plato90s
The next available appointment at Boston Logan is... May of 2017 - 9 months away.
Sadly, that applies to me. Warrick RI isn't much better at April '17. Bit of a rude shock after just getting my conditional approval today. Being based in Boston with no planned travel in the near future and no real alternative sites up in New England... Might try my luck at walking in to BOS or Warrick; any annectodal reports for either?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.