Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Thanks TW for the thread link which indeed has some recent SFO info!
There are also a few BOS reports; here are a couple:
Originally Posted by revontulet
Sitting at the BOS global entry "waiting area" now for a walk-in. There's just three chairs in a small hallway outside the secured area of terminal E. You sit outside a secure door waiting for someone to pop out and call a name. It seems like that's your only chance to talk with anyone. You just have to sit and hope someone doesn't show up so you can take their spot.

There's three of us waiting for a walk-in now. Friday afternoon on Memorial Day weekend was probably not the best choice. One guy who was waiting for his appointment said mornings might be best. He tried to walk in as well and failed but ended up finding a closer appointment time after checking a bit. I'm probably going to give up after waiting for over an hour.
Originally Posted by diburning
In case anyone is wondering, BOS does not take walk-ins. There's no reception, no counter, just a locked door and a row of seats in the hallway. Sign says to have a seat, and wait to be called.

I was in and out within 8 mins. No video, no kiosk tutorial. Just an interview with the regular questions and verification of application info, photo and fingerprints. The kiosk tutorial has been replaced by a bi-fold business card. Received approval email after 10 minutes.

This is my first time getting GE, not renewing.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Thanks again.

The issue I have with the thread respondents are that experience varies so widely: there just seems no consistency with the process. Loads on a specific day and agent's attitude seem just as relevant as any location policy about walk ins.

The reality is I will be in BOS for a very short time, I will simply present myself and see how it goes.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I wish they had it in London, ill keeping my eye open if the few slots open up again. Until then im booked in YYZ (at the Nexus centre) on my next trip there
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by aidy
Until then im booked in YYZ (at the Nexus centre) on my next trip there
[my bolding] lucky you!!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:18 pm

Question GOES New Interview Availability

Does anyone know if GOES is real-time, or if new Global Entry interview slots are posted at a set time each day/week?

Specifically, I'm hoping for a cancellation while I'm in the vicinity of LAS so looking for pointers on when to check the site. Currently showing fully booked.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by jacksprat
Does anyone know if GOES is real-time, or if new Global Entry interview slots are posted at a set time each day/week?

Specifically, I'm hoping for a cancellation while I'm in the vicinity of LAS so looking for pointers on when to check the site. Currently showing fully booked.
Only have experience with the HNL office, but it appears to be real time for a specific office; openings appear at various times of the day as cancellations occur. People here said youʻll need to check frequently and/or refresh the web page in order to catch the cancellation openings. They were right & it works. Both DH & I initially scheduled interviews for first available (late June 2016) but within a week we each had earlier ones -- late April & early May -- due to slots opening up.

When you log on & select "Manage Interview Appointment" it will take you automatically to the first available opening whatever it is.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:36 pm

i checked about every hour or so and randomly. i did however check LAS at one point, they had one last mon and it was opened for a good 6 hours before someone took that slot... wondered if i should send $200 just to fly there and back from LA but decided against it lol. seems like the frequent checkers at LAS is low compared to LAX/LBC.

I started looking around 3 days ago for LAX/LBC to which i found 3 opened yesterday for the coming tuesday... it did all get taken within 1hour...

Leave it open, it will close itself after a certain period of time, i usually let that be a reminder and login to check to see if anything available.

good luck!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:15 am

Thanks for the advice guys. Took a week of refreshing the page fairly regularly, but finally managed to get a slot during the week while I'm in Las Vegas. Sorted!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:38 am

SFO is showing the first availability as October, 6 months from now!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:54 am

Yup - well on it. Booked something in Boston over Thanksgiving, which was just about Boston's only available when I did so a couple of weeks ago. Simply crazy.

What was interesting to note that at SFO when I passed through a couple of weeks ago, I noted the interview centre is through an OPEN door, unlike fortress Boston, and I was able to walk in and talk with CPB guy there who said they do take 2 walkins [and only 2] a day when the office opens at 8:30. He said the queue for that starts at 4:30 in the morning. Shocking.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by himbeerle
Wish I was close to SFO though... appointments available every night!
Is that really true? Why are people saying that they have to wait almost 7 months for an interview at SFO?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 9:04 am

Yes, they show appointments open every night starting 6/12. Seems as if they opened up 24/7...

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Is that really true? Why are people saying that they have to wait almost 7 months for an interview at SFO?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Yes, they show appointments open every night starting 6/12. Seems as if they opened up 24/7...
According to their website, SFO is open 8:00AM - 8:00PM, Monday - Saturday https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ers/california. I wonder if evening hours is something new due to high back log of applicants with conditional approval waiting for an interview.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:19 am

Don't give up hope. I already moved my interview a couple of times all the way from December to early August within a couple of hours...

Wish I was close to SFO though... appointments available every night!
Wow, that is a bit worse than SFO's almost 7 months wait.

As himbeerle said, keep trying, you are very likely to find a spot in the next two weeks.

I confirm that SFO appears to have opened up 24/7. I was able to get a slot for 10:45 PM. The entire 11pm-5AM slots were all open between June 13 and June 14

Last edited by mdosu; Jun 8, 2016 at 10:25 am
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by mdosu
I confirm that SFO appears to have opened up 24/7. I was able to get a slot for 10:45 PM. The entire 11pm-5AM slots were all open between June 13 and June 14
The change must've happened overnight, as I was checking SFO yesterday evening, and the earliest appointment available was in December. Checked this morning and bam, a bunch of slots open early morning and late evening for the entire month of June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.