Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Badgerfan2
Maybe there are other sites like Grand Portage, MN that are along the canadian border that have hours like this, but it probably needs to be a larger volume border crossing. Was a good experience for me, and the officer said they do get a fair number of people who drive from the twin cities to get that done.
I think the border facilities may be the best kept secret when it comes to GE interview availability. I did my interview at the facility by the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit - I got my conditional approval about a week or two before I had to be in Detroit for a business trip, and availability was wide open for the days I was there, I chose something in the evening and was in and out in a few minutes. Better than waiting months for an appointment at my home airport.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Can someone do me a favour please? Can you go to reschedule appointment for the cbp appointment and tell me what the availability is like in HNL 3rd Aug => 18Th Aug or jfk 2nd August or 19th August?

Its annoying you cant see appointments unless you have a booking and although I have global entry I am about to apply for my wife but not wanting to start the process unless there is decent availability for the next time she is in the USA

Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:18 am

Here's my story from the UK.

Like so many others have said finding the appointment is difficult. This morning (10th June) I have been conditionally accepted.

I am in California on vacation in October and can't find anything during my stay. SFO nothing till December and LAX has nothing at all. I have though found an appointment in Chicago during my stay so looks like a day on a plane for me.

Haven't given up hope of a Californian appointment yet as both Las Vegas and Long Beach have appointments up to September then nothing in October. Seattle was also the same too. I wonder if the appointments haven't been loaded yet?

Guess I'll need to keep checking for openings.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Andrew Wright

Like so many others have said finding the appointment is difficult. This morning (10th June) I have been conditionally accepted.

I am in California on vacation in October and can't find anything during my stay. SFO nothing till December and LAX has nothing at all. I have though found an appointment in Chicago during my stay so looks like a day on a plane for me.

Haven't given up hope of a Californian appointment yet as both Las Vegas and Long Beach have appointments up to September then nothing in October. Seattle was also the same too. I wonder if the appointments haven't been loaded yet?

Welcome to FT. If you see appointments available up to September and nothing in October, most likely October slots have not been loaded yet. Keep checking. Good luck and let us know what you found.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. If you see appointments available up to September and nothing in October, most likely October slots have not been loaded yet. Keep checking. Good luck and let us know what you found.
Thank you and that has reassured me. Long Beach would be my first choice as it is a short drive from where I am staying.

Will be checking often as don't really want to waste a vacation day going to Chicago.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Try the CBP land crossing offices near SAN or CXL. When I was looking for appointments, they were virtually wide open even on short notice.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Tanic
Try the CBP land crossing offices near SAN or CXL. When I was looking for appointments, they were virtually wide open even on short notice.
Thanks Tanic, they're showing avails up to August / September but nothing during my vacation in October :-(

The good news is that I found an appointment in Phoenix at the start of my vacation which is much closer to Los Angeles than my original booked appointment in Chicago.

Hoping that appointments in Long Beach open up. There's loads up to September but nothing as yet for October. If not Phoenix will be where I will heading.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR

A fellow UK person here and I need to try finding an appointment in Hawaii!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 5:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Between June 26 and July 28, 2017, United Airlines is offering Global Entry enrollment interview appointments at Penn Station (Mondays - Fridays, 8:00am to 4:00pm). Search for United16 enrollment center.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Quite literally hit the JACKPOT today having secured an 9am appointment at LAX on the 2nd day of my vacation. All of a sudden after a month of nothing there's good availability there. Needed to head back to the airport from the airport hotel to pick a rental car up so this is perfect.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:59 am

Quite literally hit the JACKPOT today having secured an 9am appointment at LAX on the 2nd day of my vacation. All of a sudden after a month of nothing there's good availability there. Needed to head back to the airport from the airport hotel to pick a rental car up so this is perfect.
Thank you for letting us know your result. Jackpot indeed, timing works out perfectly for you. Persistence pays off handsomely for you. Enjoy your vacation.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:09 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884
Between June 26 and July 28, 2017, United Airlines is offering Global Entry enrollment interview appointments at Penn Station (Mondays - Fridays, 8:00am to 4:00pm). Search for United16 enrollment center.
A friend wants to apply for GE. In order to make use of UNITED16, what connection with United is required? Is setting up a FF acct with United sufficient, or do they have to have flight history with United.
I'm already in GE.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: United Plat
SFO:
Entire August schedule suddenly is quite open as of 10:18pm Pacific 7/17/2017.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by sfo3388
SFO:
Entire August schedule suddenly is quite open as of 10:18pm Pacific 7/17/2017.
Maybe Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival has helped.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Got lucky...Initially approved yesterday morning. Checked, and the first available appointment at SFO was January 2018 at like 10 PM at night. Checked some other offices but nothing that really worked (there was a Seattle appointment available when I transit there on my way to Europe in September, but my layover is a little over an hour and I don't want to risk that, and not sure if I could do a SDC).

Kept checking for maybe 10 minutes at the SFO office and an appointment for TODAY opened up. Grabbed it immediately.

I did not see any available August appointments at that time, so not sure. But I'm happy and about to get on the road to get this over with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.