Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Southwest
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You are not wasting your time, refresh when BNA GE office is open, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday. I refreshed every 5 to 10 minutes for SFO and YVR while these offices were open. I found something acceptable in about two days. So you need to double or tripple your effort or find an alternate location with more available slots.

Are you flying to/through any location soon with a Global Entry office? If you are going to Miami, they have plenty of available slots. Or come to SFO for a short vacation, SFO GE office accepts walk-ins with no limit.

Good luck and let us know what you found.
I already scheduled an interview in MEM 3 hours away that I am comfortable with. My husband's is scheduled in DCA because he will be flying in and out of it that day (he's a pilot), but he will have to leave the airport to go to the interview and then come back. Traffic could be an issue. It would be optimal for him to do one in Nashville on the days he is home. I will be on the lookout Tuesdays-Thursdays.

I thought about flying to Miami, but a Saturday was open in Memphis in May so that worked. Otherwise Miami is anyone's best shot if they want an interview ASAP and are willing to get themselves there.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Do you think I can get the interview done with just a 90 minute Delta layover on my way to DEN? GE is wide open for my dates passing through.

Arriving from ICN but hopefully getting out at front of plane. Not sure how far the Global Entry office is from immigration. I remember SeaTac is not a huge place, but if it is more than 15 minutes walk I might rethink the routing.
Yes you should have no trouble as long as you make it through customs quickly....when you get through DO NOT re-clear security in the customs area..that will be a waste of your time because the GE office is outside security and you'll have to re-clear after your interview. Treat your situation as a SEA arrival so you can exit faster.

The GE office is located on the mezzanine level in the southern part of the main terminal (outside security) very near where international arrivals come out from the train. Once you're out of customs and take the train to the main terminal you'll exit and you then take an elevator up to the mez.. you will then need to clear security after your interview. The walk itself is under 5 minutes after you arrive at the main terminal (which is also a short train trip).

There are signs on the mez and in the elevator to direct you to the GE office. Since you're on Delta your departure gate will be in S, A, or B to DEN.. all of those are in the southern part of the airport nearest the GE office so distance wise you don't have an enormous amount of walking.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 24, 2017 at 11:05 am Reason: Restore original post
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:00 pm

Update

Originally Posted by travelnearandfar
4/12 Application for GE
4/23 Received email at 2:09PM EST -Conditional Approval

Checked EWR/JFK/NYC Bowling Green on 4/23 - first available interview schedule at EWR, 5/31.
Constantly checked today, got lucky something opened up JFK 5/6

EWR skeds fluctuate a lot - just saw one opened up 5/20
Checked a few times today - there are JFK skeds opening as close as 2 days from now. Was able to move mine another week earlier.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: OnePass, Delta
PHL Availabitlity...

Hello all,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on GE and wanted to find out if anyone has recent experience with Interviews at PHL.

By recent experience, I mean within the last few months in terms of getting an earlier time than given initially.

I leave for ANC and YVR in July and would like to have everything wrapped up by my 5 Jly departure date, presuming that I get my Conditional Approval quickly.

TIA and Safe Travels - bo1953
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Yes you should have no trouble as long as you make it through customs quickly....when you get through DO NOT re-clear security in the customs area..that will be a waste of your time because the GE office is outside security and you'll have to re-clear after your interview. Treat your situation as a SEA arrival so you can exit faster.

The GE office is located on the mezzanine level in the southern part of the main terminal (outside security) very near where international arrivals come out from the train. Once you're out of customs and take the train to the main terminal you'll exit and you then take an elevator up to the mez.. you will then need to clear security after your interview. The walk itself is under 5 minutes after you arrive at the main terminal (which is also a short train trip).

There are signs on the mez and in the elevator to direct you to the GE office. Since you're on Delta your departure gate will be in S, A, or B to DEN.. all of those are in the southern part of the airport nearest the GE office so distance wise you don't have an enormous amount of walking.
Thank you for the description. This info was hard to discern from the maps I saw.

Sounds doable but tight. Now I am playing with the idea of Long Beach, CA if I can add in a stopover in LA.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by bo1953
Hello all,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on GE and wanted to find out if anyone has recent experience with Interviews at PHL.

By recent experience, I mean within the last few months in terms of getting an earlier time than given initially.

I leave for ANC and YVR in July and would like to have everything wrapped up by my 5 Jly departure date, presuming that I get my Conditional Approval quickly.

TIA and Safe Travels - bo1953
I think it's all a matter of being persistent at checking for timeslots to open up. I applied on 5/1/2017 - got conditional approval on 5/7/2017. Since I'm in OHIO I check both locations as well as Cincinnati airport (which, oddly enough is in Kentucky across the Ohio river!)... Earliest appointment was July..... Later the SAME day I saw a 5/9/2017 slot open up! Going tomorrow for my interview!
Old May 8, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by LarryOhio
I think it's all a matter of being persistent at checking for timeslots to open up. I applied on 5/1/2017 - got conditional approval on 5/7/2017. Since I'm in OHIO I check both locations as well as Cincinnati airport (which, oddly enough is in Kentucky across the Ohio river!)... Earliest appointment was July..... Later the SAME day I saw a 5/9/2017 slot open up! Going tomorrow for my interview!
Congrats... I planned on taking the 'refresh your browser frequently' approach as I Am closest to PHL.

Not too many recent reports on PHL from what I can see, so it will be an experience for sure...

Let us know how you make out.

Safe travels....
Old May 9, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by bo1953
Congrats... I planned on taking the 'refresh your browser frequently' approach as I Am closest to PHL.

Not too many recent reports on PHL from what I can see, so it will be an experience for sure...

Let us know how you make out.

Safe travels....
I arrived for my interview 20 minutes early (appt was 12:15). They took me at 12:05 and I was on my way home by 12:10. Had email about 20 minutes later that all was approved - card in 3-4 weeks.... The local agent was very friendly and said that many sites are trying to open up extra slots to help clear backlog.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by LarryOhio
I arrived for my interview 20 minutes early (appt was 12:15). They took me at 12:05 and I was on my way home by 12:10. Had email about 20 minutes later that all was approved - card in 3-4 weeks.... The local agent was very friendly and said that many sites are trying to open up extra slots to help clear backlog.
lo - Congrats... you are on your way for sure!

Safe travels...
Old May 16, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I had been trying to get an interview for Global Entry in DEN...earliest available in December. Tried doing a walkin on 5/13 at 1pm in the afternoon. I was pretty beggy/persistent, but they still said no walkins. (They have a sign outside their office stating the same). The guy claimed their office record is that some millennial kid once got an apt in 2 weeks by checking the website every hour.

Agent had a lot of time to talk, and say how they were too busy to do the screening interview, without an appt.

I'm going to try SFO next.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Retired AA
I applied at the beginning of this year and received conditional acceptance, however, the first availa ble interview appointment I was able to make is in July. Appointments take months in advance in Hawaii.
Old May 19, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Thomas Lewand
I applied at the beginning of this year and received conditional acceptance, however, the first availa ble interview appointment I was able to make is in July. Appointments take months in advance in Hawaii.
Welcome to FT. If you are looking for a sooner slot, have you tried to log into your GOES account and do a new search several times a day? Best time to try is when your local Global Entry office is open. If you do that, in less than two weeks, you should be able to find something much closer, possibly the very next day.

GE HNL office hours are: 6:45AM - 8:00AM and 12:00PM - 3:00PM, Monday - Saturday

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

A recent post discussing the best strategy to successfully get a walk-in interview at PHL was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old May 24, 2017, 11:43 pm

I'm near MSP - signed up in early may and got conditional approval after about 2-1/2 wks, but first available interview was september, and I've got two international trips in the next 30 days.

For me, it worked out that the Grand Portage, MN site was wide open and had great hours. It is about 5 hrs north of the twin cities metro on the canadian border, and the drive along the north shore of lake superior is fantastic. I made appt for mid afternoon, took that day off and drove up. Was done and approved in about 10 minutes. I got there 40 minutes before my appt but I didn't have to wait.

Was home a bit after 6 pm and had a nice relaxing drive with incredible views

I think that site is open 7 days a week. Most of the other sites on the canadian border aren't nearly as flexible. Realize that is a remote area though, the closest airport is Duluth and that's 3 hrs away.

I did this in the middle of the week to avoid traffc and because my flights are next week, and one of them has a short Layover @ ohare, which probably is not posible without global entry.

Maybe there are other sites like Grand Portage, MN that are along the canadian border that have hours like this, but it probably needs to be a larger volume border crossing. Was a good experience for me, and the officer said they do get a fair number of people who drive from the twin cities to get that done.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Badgerfan2
I'm near MSP - signed up in early may and got conditional approval after about 2-1/2 wks, but first available interview was september, and I've got two international trips in the next 30 days.

For me, it worked out that the Grand Portage, MN site was wide open and had great hours. It is about 5 hrs north of the twin cities metro on the canadian border, and the drive along the north shore of lake superior is fantastic. I made appt for mid afternoon, took that day off and drove up. Was done and approved in about 10 minutes. I got there 40 minutes before my appt but I didn't have to wait.

Was home a bit after 6 pm and had a nice relaxing drive with incredible views

I think that site is open 7 days a week. Most of the other sites on the canadian border aren't nearly as flexible. Realize that is a remote area though, the closest airport is Duluth and that's 3 hrs away.

I did this in the middle of the week to avoid traffc and because my flights are next week, and one of them has a short Layover @ ohare, which probably is not posible without global entry.

Maybe there are other sites like Grand Portage, MN that are along the canadian border that have hours like this, but it probably needs to be a larger volume border crossing. Was a good experience for me, and the officer said they do get a fair number of people who drive from the twin cities to get that done.
As stated in the wiki to this thread, Grand Portage is open seven days a week.

You were smart to avoid weekends when traffic upon to Duluth and along the North Shore can be bad.

BTW, if someone is up there, it's worth a visit to the Grand Portage historic site maintained by the Naitonal park Service. It's several miles from the border crossing and GE interview site. IIRC they close at 4 pm and are closed one day a week during the summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.