Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT

This happens all the time. I never get selected. DH does on same booking. I'm LT Gold he has no status. I consistently am not selected. Made sure number is correct in my profile. What am I doing wrong?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by tbrein
This happens all the time. I never get selected. DH does on same booking. I'm LT Gold he has no status. I consistently am not selected. Made sure number is correct in my profile. What am I doing wrong?
Do the names on your passport, global entry and your airline profile all match?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
It's probably a name matching issue. Make sure that your complete, full name appears exactly the same way in:
- airline FF accounts
- PNRs
- government IDs

(i.e. William vs. Will, Jon D vs. John D, etc.--double check the spellings very carefully; see if middle initial appears in some but not others, and so forth)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Platinum
Check the date of birth too.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
First off, are you a US citizen? LPRs are not eligible for Pre.

Assuming you are, make sure your name, birthdate, gender and KTN all match exactly with what is in GOES.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Everything matches perfectly. DOB, first, middle, last name, GOES number.
I just can't figure it out. I'm a US citizen, born and raised.
Thanks for your advice.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Everything matches perfectly. DOB, first, middle, last name, GOES number.
I just can't figure it out. I'm a US citizen, born and raised.
Thanks for your advice.

Emphasis mine.

Ahhh....THAT could be your problem. You should not be putting your GOES number into the airline reservations. The GOES number is solely for logging into GOES and managing/enrolling in trusted traveler programs using the web-based system. Instead, you should be putting your PASS ID number which is located on the back of your Global Entry card.

Anybody can have a GOES number by creating a free account in GOES. But only approved trusted traveler program members in good standing are issued a PASS ID.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Emphasis mine.

Ahhh....THAT could be your problem. You should not be putting your GOES number into the airline reservations. The GOES number is solely for logging into GOES and managing/enrolling in trusted traveler programs using the web-based system. Instead, you should be putting your PASS ID number which is located on the back of your Global Entry card.

Anybody can have a GOES number by creating a free account in GOES. But only approved trusted traveler program members in good standing are issued a PASS ID.
I meant the pass ID number, not the GOES number. My mistake.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I meant the pass ID number, not the GOES number. My mistake.
It looks like you have done everything perfectly. So I would assume that there is something going on with the interface between the airline and the TSA.

If you have one of your used paper boarding passes handy you may want to scan it to see what is being passed from the airline to the TSA.

Or you could post on your airlines forum. Maybe there is some airline specific nuance in the process.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
It looks like you have done everything perfectly. So I would assume that there is something going on with the interface between the airline and the TSA.

If you have one of your used paper boarding passes handy you may want to scan it to see what is being passed from the airline to the TSA.

Or you could post on your airlines forum. Maybe there is some airline specific nuance in the process.
How do I scan It? I have one from yesterday.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
How do I scan It? I have one from yesterday.
I use Manatee Works on my android phone. You name will be at the beginning of the barcode.

If you do some searches you will find other programs for other platforms. Make sure you have a program that handles the PDF417 format.

For UA flights, I use the following thread as a reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ravellers.html

From your profile I assume you are an AA flier and would advise you use the analogous thread in the AA forum as a reference.

Good luck!
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
Pre worked for me then I went a few trips without and it started working again. Stop into a Nexus point and asked the staff to look at your profile. The girls in YYZ are really nice.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I use Manatee Works on my android phone. You name will be at the beginning of the barcode.

If you do some searches you will find other programs for other platforms. Make sure you have a program that handles the PDF417 format.

For UA flights, I use the following thread as a reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ravellers.html

From your profile I assume you are an AA flier and would advise you use the analogous thread in the AA forum as a reference.

Good luck!
I downloaded manatee works onto my iPhone and scanned the BPs (AA)
There are a whole bunch of letters and numbers, which mean nothing to me. The beginning are our names and then where we are going, which are the same. Then there are a set of numbers and letters. That's where some are different.
I just don't know what they mean.
Terri
Old Aug 4, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
I downloaded manatee works onto my iPhone and scanned the BPs (AA)
There are a whole bunch of letters and numbers, which mean nothing to me. The beginning are our names and then where we are going, which are the same. Then there are a set of numbers and letters. That's where some are different.
I just don't know what they mean.
Terri
Here is the explanation of what the codes mean from the UA Pre forum:

LAST/FIRSTMR XXXXXXX DENMCIUA XXXX 000XXXFXXXX 15C>3180 MXXXXBUA 12345678901234 53 UA UA MP# *XXX 09 UAG
If you see a 3 in the position before "UA UA", then you will receive Pre-Check access. If there is a 0 in the spot, you will not receive Pre-Check access.

e.g. ...53 UA UA = Pre-Check
e.g. ...20 UA UA = No Pre-Check
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help.
DH has a 3 before AA AA
I have a 0 before AA AA

Guess I don't get selected. But the question is why not?????
Terri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.