Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trusted Traveler Not Receiving PreCheck [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by schor662
I am flying AA. I was not selected for PreCheck again for tomorrow (5/22).
I was able to verify that Concur (American Express Travel) is pushing my middle name over to AA as my middle initial instead of my full middle name (5 letters). My middle name is inputted as my full middle name in Concur. They say there is no way for them to modify this, but I could see that they were sending the middle name over correctly to AA before this started happening as my boarding passes had my middle name and now they have only my middle initial.

My plan is to call TSA in the morning and see if there is any issue on their side, otherwise I will be escalating it with Concur. Anyone else ever experience this?
Based upon what I'm reading in the PreCheck name matching issues thread, the full middle name v. initial only is not the cause of your problem.

Is Concur pushing your Known Traveler Number to AA?

It would appear that there is something wrong with the information that AA is providing the TSA; this needs to be resolved by Concur and/or AA.

If you have the time, stop by the ticket counter and make sure that the information in your PNR matches that in your Trusted Traveler profile. If necessary, have the agent correct it and reprint the boarding pass.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Can't use TSA PRE if connecting to foreign partner

Flew SEA-LAX-HKG recently, AS connecting to CX. I gave them my Global Entry card at SEA but the boarding pass didn't have TSA PRE on it and the agent couldn't get it to appear even though she entered my number several times and I was not allowed to use the PreCheck lanes. Am I not eligible because of the CX segment on the ticket or did I get a bad agent?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Probably neither.

My guess is you were 'selected' by the TSA to undergo the standard screening.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Are you sure the name on your ticket exactly matched your Global Entry card?

Neil
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
I've connected to international parents and had pre-check. You probably got the random standard screening requirement
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:12 am

We also have Global entry and our recent BOI-SEA-SFO-HKG experience, flying on AS/CX was that we were allowed to use the pre-check lanes, so I suspect that you were somehow randomly selected. I do know that Global Entry does not guarantee TSA pre-check, though it works the overwhelming majority of the time.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
<deleted>

To the OP, as others said, you most likely got "randomly' selected for regular security. However, I've noticed anecdotally that such 'random' selection tends to happen far more often when there's an international segment on the itinerary.

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 9, 2016 at 10:16 am Reason: Response to now deleted post
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
I've connected to international parents and had pre-check. You probably got the random standard screening requirement
Flew AA>AA>BA>BA from SAT>DFW>LHR>BCN and with a smile even got PreCheck on the LHR>BCN knowing that was worthless. On the return we flew BA back to the States switching to AA in DFW. No PreCheck on any leg as the boarding passes were issued by BA which is a non-participating airline. We did get AA to print new boarding passes at DFW so we could clear TSA security after Customs and Immigration and also go landside and come back in easily. I'd also go with random selection for the OP's case.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Flew AA>AA>BA>BA from SAT>DFW>LHR>BCN and with a smile even got PreCheck on the LHR>BCN knowing that was worthless. On the return we flew BA back to the States switching to AA in DFW. No PreCheck on any leg as the boarding passes were issued by BA which is a non-participating airline. We did get AA to print new boarding passes at DFW so we could clear TSA security after Customs and Immigration and also go landside and come back in easily. I'd also go with random selection for the OP's case.
Thats odd. I've never see it on a BA codeshare before.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
This happened to me many times on Delta. I did some research and Delta had mangled my middle name. Got it fixed and the problem went away.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by reclusive46
Thats odd. I've never see it on a BA codeshare before.
Not sure I understand your comment. We flew on AA purchased tickets that were codeshare. Outbound we checked in with AA and changed over to BA metal at DFW. Return check in was BA and BA metal to DFW. BA has no direct access to PreCheck even with a codeshare so we weren't surprised. Really wasn't an issue or hard to get boarding passes reissued in DFW on the return. Had to interface with the AA agent after Customs and Immigration anyhow since they'd trashed one of the airline luggage tags and it needed to be replaced before we could recheck our bags.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Not sure I understand your comment. We flew on AA purchased tickets that were codeshare. Outbound we checked in with AA and changed over to BA metal at DFW. Return check in was BA and BA metal to DFW. BA has no direct access to PreCheck even with a codeshare so we weren't surprised. Really wasn't an issue or hard to get boarding passes reissued in DFW on the return. Had to interface with the AA agent after Customs and Immigration anyhow since they'd trashed one of the airline luggage tags and it needed to be replaced before we could recheck our bags.
It was the fact you said you got pre check on the LHR-BCN flight. If when that segment is printed on AA ticket stock, It doesn't usually have the pre-check marker on it as its a BA metal flight. Only the AA metal segment boarding passes usually have pre check on them.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by reclusive46
It was the fact you said you got pre check on the LHR-BCN flight. If when that segment is printed on AA ticket stock, It doesn't usually have the pre-check marker on it as its a BA metal flight. Only the AA metal segment boarding passes usually have pre check on them.
I think my wife's exact words were "That's really useful." with a smirk. We didn't ask the ticket agent why and actually may not have noticed until we were away from the counter. Could only figure it was an AA computer generating the boarding passes and once the program recognized us as PreCheck it just carried that through for the rest of the BPs. It's actually the only International flight we've had in the past four years where we've actually changed company metal other than AA.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Global Entry Member no longer getting precheck

I fly almost exclusively with AA. I have had Global Entry Membership for about 2 years. Up until 1 month ago I have received a PreCheck on every single flight. I had one flight booked by a travel agency through work and ever since then all 5 flights I no longer get PreCheck. I call AA and they said the number is correct. I walked into the enrollment center in Phx to ask for help, they could provide ZERO information and ZERO direction on who to contact. Getting a little frustrated. My name and Global Entry number are accurate. Middle name is in every reservation. Anybody have a clue why 5 consecutive flights have no PreCheck? Who can I contact in TSA or Global Entry to find out what the problem is?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Pull up the reservation online or call in and verify what the name, DOB, sex are in the Secure Flight Data fields. The name on the reservation itself isn't what it goes by. It's the name in the Secure Flight data fields. Also have them remove the number and reapply it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.