Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Only with Participating Airlines [merged threads]

Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
The following are the domestic and international TSA Pre✓® Participating Airlines:
  • Advanced Air
  • Aerolane Lineas Aereas Nacionales del Ecuador
  • AeroMexico
  • Air Canada
  • Air Europa
  • Air France
  • Air India
  • Air Premia
  • Air Serbia
  • Air Tahiti Nui
  • Air Transat
  • Alaska Airlines
  • All Nippon Airways
  • Allegiant Air
  • American Airlines
  • Aruba Airlines
  • Asiana Airlines
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Avelo Airlines
  • Avianca
  • Azul Airlines
  • Bahamasair
  • BermudAir
  • Boutique Airlines
  • Breeze Airways
  • British Airways
  • Brussels Airlines
  • Cape Air
  • Cathay Pacific Airways
  • Cayman Airways
  • China Airlines
  • Condor Airlines
  • Contour Aviation
  • Copa Airlines
  • Delta Air Lines
  • Eastern Airlines
  • Edelweiss Air
  • EL AL Israel
  • Emirates
  • Etihad Airways
  • Eurowings Discover
  • EVA Air
  • Fiji Airways
  • Finnair
  • Flair Airlines
  • Flycana
  • French bee
  • Frontier Airlines
  • Global Crossing Airlines
  • Hawaiian Airlines
  • iAero Airways
  • Iberia
  • Icelandair
  • InterCaribbean Airways
  • ITA Airways
  • Japan Airlines
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Key Lime Air
  • KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
  • Korean Air
  • La Compagnie
  • LAN Peru S.A.
  • LATAM Airlines
  • Lufthansa
  • New Pacific Airlines
  • Norse Atlantic Airways
  • Norwegian Air
  • Omni Air International
  • PAL Express
  • Philippine Airlines
  • Porter Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Qatar Airways
  • Scandinavian Airlines
  • Seaborne Airlines
  • Silver Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Southern Airways Express
  • Southwest Airlines
  • Spirit Airlines
  • STARLUX Airlines
  • Sun Country Airlines
  • Sunwing Airlines
  • Swiss International Air Lines
  • Swoop
  • TAM-Linhas Aereas S.A.
  • TAP Air Portugal
  • Titan Airways
  • Turkish Airlines
  • Ultimate Jet Charters
  • United Airlines
  • Virgin Atlantic
  • Viva Air Colombia
  • VivaAerobus
  • Volaris
  • Volaris El Salvador
  • WestJet
  • World Atlantic
  • ZIPAIR
Print Wikipost

TSA PreCheck Only with Participating Airlines [merged threads]

Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:08 pm

How about at LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal?
Can one present GE card to TSA officer for travel document verification in lieu of passport?
Can one flash GE card to TSA officer at security check, and put computer in the briefcase, not removing shoes?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by jerrywu
How about at LAX Tom Bradley International Terminal?
Can one present GE card to TSA officer for travel document verification in lieu of passport?
Can one flash GE card to TSA officer at security check, and put computer in the briefcase, not removing shoes?
I live in the SFO area and am not familiar with LAX, but I am puzzled:
* GE card is not a "travel document". It can be used for ID verification only. The only time it is accepted as a travel document is when a person enters US from Canada on land. For TBIT, TSA may in fact expect passengers carrying passports. If you try your GE card, please let us know if that works.
* As mentioned in earlier replies, you need TSA Pre on your BP. So I would expect you have to go through regular screening.
* I don't think there is TSA Pre line in TBIT, bit I may be wrong.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I live in the SFO area and am not familiar with LAX, but I am puzzled:
* GE card is not a "travel document". It can be used for ID verification only. The only time it is accepted as a travel document is when a person enters US from Canada on land. For TBIT, TSA may in fact expect passengers carrying passports. If you try your GE card, please let us know if that works.
* As mentioned in earlier replies, you need TSA Pre on your BP. So I would expect you have to go through regular screening.
* I don't think there is TSA Pre line in TBIT, bit I may be wrong.
Thanks, cxfan1960.
I will ask TSA officer on my next departure.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
tsa just needs to verify that the name on your boarding pass is the same as what is on an approved ID. The GE card is an approved ID so you can show that instead of your passport. It should not matter that it's an international terminal.

That doesn't mean you won't get a well-meaning agent or a jerky one who insists on seeing your passport anyway.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Thanks, Often1, for the really valuable data point. That's kind of what I suspected, but it's still nice to have some confirmation.

As for the rest, I'm not sure why people keep asking the same question over and over again. (Answer: no, the Card doesn't work at any airport ever, except as an I.D.)

I'm just bitter because I fly Spirit out of DFW now and again -- no Pre Check, no premium line, nothing. Makes me wish the Card really did work. Sigh.

Real world work-around: Just sign up for Clear. Visa Signature discount.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:42 pm

I fly BA out of SEA all the time. BA don't pay for PreCheck, therefore no PreCheck on my boarding pass. GE pays for itself coming back in, though.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chucko
I fly BA out of SEA all the time. BA don't pay for PreCheck, therefore no PreCheck on my boarding pass. GE pays for itself coming back in, though.
It's not a matter of BA paying or not paying for PreCheck. Foreign carriers can't get PreCheck approved unless and until the carrier's home country's government makes certain agreements with the US Government (USG) that involve surrendering to the USG what the USG wants the foreign government to hand over to the USG. It sort of reminds me how the US coerces foreign countries to do things (that the USG wants) in order for the foreign countries to get in or stay in the US Visa Waiver Program. Government extortion schemes.

So far the Canadian government and its Air Canada are the only foreign elements that have managed to get themselves included into PreCheck.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I feel you're 90%+ correct. AC is included in the preCheck program but PD and WS are not. I am sure the government blackmail...coercion is accurate but it also has to do with the airline's system being able to connect to the system to substantiate the program. Much like certain US airline not being part in the beginning.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's not a matter of BA paying or not paying for PreCheck. Foreign carriers can't get PreCheck approved unless and until the carrier's home country's government makes certain agreements with the US Government (USG) that involve surrendering to the USG what the USG wants the foreign government to hand over to the USG. It sort of reminds me how the US coerces foreign countries to do things (that the USG wants) in order for the foreign countries to get in or stay in the US Visa Waiver Program. Government extortion schemes.

So far the Canadian government and its Air Canada are the only foreign elements that have managed to get themselves included into PreCheck.

Last edited by Yoshi212; Oct 2, 2015 at 9:54 pm
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I feel you're 90%+ correct. AC is included in the preCheck program but PD and WS are not. I am sure the government blackmail...coercion is accurate but it also has to do with the airline's system being able to connect to the system to substantiate the program. Much like certain US airline not being part in the beginning.
Porter and Westjet have to also be willing and able to meet USG requirements to get into the PreCheck grouping. Some airlines are more eager to be in certain government programs than other carriers. Even in the case of US airlines and US government programs, some governmental "security" programs were more eagerly embraced by some carriers than by other carriers. There are still US airlines that are not PreCheck eligible, and until they meet USG requirements they won't be.

I sort of misstated a bit in my prior post, but I'll have to get around to trying to correct it later since it may not have risen to even 90+% correct.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
Originally Posted by gobears293
When flying on an airline that is not set-up for Pre-Check (but at a terminal with a Pre-Check line), has anyone accessed the Pre-Check line by just showing their Global Entry/Trusted Traveler card?
I was rejected at LGA, because the airline did not participate. The GE card did not matter at all.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:05 pm

Agent at my GE interview told me i can use card for Pre Check.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
Either you heard wrong, or you were given misinformation.

You can use your GE card as an identification card, but it will not get you through PreCheck if your boarding pass does not have "TSA PreCheck" on it. End of story.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Incorrect.

Perhaps the agent wasn't being clear/you misinterpreted, or he was communicating badly. My guess is they were trying to say something like your GE membership gives you access to pre-check - i.e. when entering your PASSID as a KTN with participating airline.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
No, you can't.

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply

If I present my CBP trusted traveler card (Global Entry, NEXUS or SENTRI), will TSA allow me to utilize the TSA Pre✓® lane?

No. This card is used by CBP at land border crossings and is not accepted by TSA for expedited screening access. The CBP PASSID is a nine-digit number that usually begins with 98 and serves as your known traveler number. Your individual reservation — passenger name record — must include your KTN. Travelers can check with the airlines to verify their KTN is listed in the passenger name record. Travelers who have been cleared for TSA Pre✓® will have information embedded in the barcode of their boarding pass and will have an indicator printed directly on the boarding pass.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:15 pm

I now understand that my BP needs to have the PreCheck on it. Oh, BTW my GE card came in the mail today. Picture is in B&W, I look washed out, as I'm blonde. I can joke about it, I look like Jake from State Farm! Just kidding. So far Delta has my TT number. I appreciate all the info from fellow FTers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.