Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GE Recommend for approval?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

GE Recommend for approval?

I went to global interview yesterday. After all said and done, the officer told me my application was recommended for approval. He asked when I'm traveling next I said this Monday and he told me GE takes affect immediately after that interview. From what I read here people got sticker on passport, approval notification emails but I didn't get any of those. So I'm at lost what's the status of my GE application then.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stickers, I believe, are long discontinued. Since you interviewed on a Friday, the email may well not come for one or two business days. Unfortunately for you, I get the impression that airlines send their passenger info into the govt 72 hours in advance, so unless you can do something like add your new number, and have airline staff delete your check-in and re-submit it at the airport (before clearing security) you're out of luck.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Use of the GE kiosks doesn't require the airline submitting your Pass ID# but rather by passport number. When you get to the kiosk you scan the passport and if it can't find your flight info (awaiting system update) you'll probably get sent for secondary review but quickly resolved.
You can check your GOES account to see your status which should update before an email/letter is sent out.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Use of the GE kiosks doesn't require the airline submitting your Pass ID# but rather by passport number. When you get to the kiosk you scan the passport and if it can't find your flight info (awaiting system update) you'll probably get sent for secondary review but quickly resolved.
You can check your GOES account to see your status which should update before an email/letter is sent out.
For the goes account you said, is it a letter or something? Where I check upon logged into the account. I only see conditional approval letter or email.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When you are approved, you will receive an email containing your KTN. You will eventually receive your GE card, but that isn't necessary for travel. While you don't need your KTN to use the GE terminals, you do need to have been issued one.

The confusion above results from the fact that GE also gets you Pre-Check at the security checkpoint. For that, you will need to enter your KTN in your profile. While TSA says that it may take as long as 72 hours for a KTN to make its way through the system and reflect itself with your selection for Pre-Check, it almost always is relatively instant, e.g. seconds or minutes.

Note that in your case the Officer told you that he was "recommending" you for approval. That means that there is one more step from a supervisor. If that didn't happen Friday, it will happen soon enough unless the supervisor raises a concern.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
One additional query, only since your profile doesn't indicate location and your initial syntax are you part of the new UK citizen approval for application?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.