Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Cannot Renew SENTRI Card, CBP told me to just NEXUS Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:18 pm
DEN
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond

opps: Subject line should read: ....CBP told me to use NEXUS Card

Ok, here's the background:

Last June, I started receiving emails that my SENTRI Card would expire on my b-day in Dec of this year. This is a true fact. There is NOT a renew button on the GOES site, so I called in June. A case ticket was opened. Called back in August, no update to the case, just told to use the "Renew" button....which, of course, doesn't exist. Called back today, response again was to just use the renew button..... When I pressed my case, I was put on hold and then told:

Since you have NEXUS, and it doesn't expire until late 2017, you can use the NEXUS card at the border, instead of your SENTRI card. "Nexus trumps SENTRI when it comes to border crossing" I was told. She also mentioned I could use Global Entry....I have GE, but not the physical card.

I usually go across the border with another employee (SENTRI Member) so I just show my card and I have no personal vehicle registered.

My Understanding:
SENTRI= back into the US.
Nexus= Into Canada and back into the US.
GE= Into the US only

Anyone else have any experience with using a Nexus card to return to the US from Mexico at a border crossing? This just doesn't sound right and I can just see myself trying to explain why I am using a Canadian Border Crossing card to enter from Mexico.....in the SENTRI lane......

Thanks!

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Oct 9, 2015 at 3:48 pm Reason: Clarified
Old Oct 9, 2015, 1:48 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very very simple: Your NEXUS card is now your SENTRI card. It is also your GE card. It does everything.

P.S. How do you "enter Mexico" with your SENTRI card?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:43 pm
DEN
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ari
Very very simple: Your NEXUS card is now your SENTRI card. It is also your GE card. It does everything.

P.S. How do you "enter Mexico" with your SENTRI card?
Thanks for the info.

And I corrected my statement regarding use of the Sentri card. Thanks for pointing that out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.