Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Philadelphia: Global Entry Interview during transit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Has anyone done their interview in Philly?

I am flying from Ohio to Switzerland, and Philly was the only opportunity to do my interview. I have 3.5 hours transit to find the office and go through security again.

Do you think this will be enough time? Tips how to find the office starting from security? Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
The office is outside security (landside) at PHL. It is in the Arrivals Hall in Terminal A-West - where one would meet a friend that was arriving on an international flight and not continuing onward.

I've never connected International-Domestic at PHL (being my home airport), so I don't know how you would find the office after clearing CBP but before clearing TSA.

3.5 hours is plenty of time. My interview @ PHL took 15 minutes, of which 5 were waiting to be called back. Same for Mrs. pa3lsvt, although she didn't have to wait the 5 minutes.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
The office is outside security (landside) at PHL. It is in the Arrivals Hall in Terminal A-West - where one would meet a friend that was arriving on an international flight and not continuing onward.

I've never connected International-Domestic at PHL (being my home airport), so I don't know how you would find the office after clearing CBP but before clearing TSA.

3.5 hours is plenty of time. My interview @ PHL took 15 minutes, of which 5 were waiting to be called back. Same for Mrs. pa3lsvt, although she didn't have to wait the 5 minutes.
Seems to me the OP is flying Ohio-PHL-ZRH, so it wouldn't be post-CBP/pre-TSA. Would just go to the arrivals hall in A west just like you and I did.

However, if one did need to visit the CBP office after entry, pre-security, after clearing passport control but before entering baggage claim, the CBP office is on the right. I imagine you could simply tell them that you're there for your interview.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
I did exactly this when renewing NEXUS (which is essentially Canada + USA Global Entry) in June. We did our renewal interviews during a 3-hour connection in Toronto on a CDG-YYZ-YQR trip home. Don't dawdle and you should be fine.

Our appointment was for 90 minutes after our scheduled flight arrival from CDG but we were there 30 minutes after a punctual arrival (i.e. an hour early) and they saw us almost right away.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Yes - I missed the domestic arrival to PHL. OP should realize they will have to leave the secure area as the CBP office is airside. Allow time to clear TSA for the onward connection to ZRH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.