Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck closed intermittently [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Apr 28, Thursday afternoon. PHX T4B PC Closed.

Got tricked into walking down the PC line only to discover it re-fed into the general line at the TDC desk. They did not allow or apparently know about expedited screening either.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by txrus
Tuesday, 4/26 @ 4:45 am-no PC at any of the 4 concourses in T4 @ PHX where 80% of all pax @ that airport fly out of.

Land @ LIT & there are signs posted that state PC is open everyday starting @ 4:30 am.

If LIT can do it, PHX should be able to do it!
I have experienced the same thing at PHX Terminal 3, flying Delta. TSA Pre-check lanes are open ONLY in early morning hours, and usually closed by 10 a.m. STUPID!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tanic
Apr 28, Thursday afternoon. PHX T4B PC Closed.

Got tricked into walking down the PC line only to discover it re-fed into the general line at the TDC desk. They did not allow or apparently know about expedited screening either.
Was the hand swabber still there? I exited the concourse @ T4B yesterday around 2:30 & there was an active hand swabber there (instead of doing something meaningful, like working an open PC lane )
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Up until late last year, PHX was my airport. There was a Pre lane at T3/Delta, but I never saw it open, regardless of how long the regular line was.

That's not to suggest it's never open, of course. Next time I fly to PHX, I am going to try to build time in my schedule to stop by the Pre enrollment office. I look forward to hearing what the enrollment office tells me about availability.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Was the hand swabber still there? I exited the concourse @ T4B yesterday around 2:30 & there was an active hand swabber there (instead of doing something meaningful, like working an open PC lane )
Were they swabbing everyone right before they exited the checkpoint?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
Were they swabbing everyone right before they exited the checkpoint?
Entered the checkpoint, yes. Exited, no.

I, too, will be interested in what they tell you about PC hours.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Hand swabbing and line screening. He was very busy.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:43 am

The people here who like to complain about PHX are going to love this story:

Last week I was flying AS out of terminal 2 and went through security around 5PM and precheck was open and I flew through. I buy a postcard at the Hudson News that is immediately post-security and fill it out only to discover there is no airside mailbox. I figure no big deal precheck is open so I go back outside drop the postcard in the mail and go through security only to discover in the less than 15 minutes that it took for me to buy and mail the postcard, precheck has been closed and now I'm stuck in the regular line...
Old May 12, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5 MM, AA PLAT PRO 1MM
Originally Posted by danib62
The people here who like to complain about PHX are going to love this story...
I believe it. I go through that checkpoint (T2) at least once a month, and I never know what to expect. On a Friday morning at 7 am a couple of weeks ago, the Pre lane was open...but when I got up to the ID checker, I was told Pre was closed. They had no cards to hand to the screener, so I was told to have my boarding pass available to show. Fine--I've had to do that there before. I put my drivers license back in my wallet and put my wallet in my backpack. When I got to the screener, I sent my backpack into the x-ray machine (with laptop and liquids taken out, of course). The screener decided that since I didn't have my ID available to show, I was now no longer eligible for Pre (lite), so I had to take off my shoes and then go through the body scanner. Just for good measure, they also decided to search my carry-on.

I have a 6 am flight out of that terminal next week and am thinking I'll have to plan my arrival as if Pre never existed.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Folks,

The Trusted Travelers forum is for offering practical advice and sharing information relevant to the various Trusted Traveler programs.

Comments, opinions, complaints and rants about PreCheck lanes closures and opening hours, which are not informational, belong in the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Several recent posts were moved to the following thread:
Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Security

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.