Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS Compliance Search has theft risk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Over a land border, there will sometimes be a compliance search for NEXUS holders. If this happens to you, after you park your car, bring your wallet with you. When you go inside the building, they will tell you that your car will be searched but you CANNOT watch them, even from a distance. Your things, such as a wallet, is at risk to theft especially if we consider how searches at airports has resulted in many reports of theft.

You cannot argue with them so be prepared. When you cross the border, don't leave your wallet in the trunk or elsewhere. Carry it with you. Also carry your watch, etc.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Who goes anywhere without their wallet?
Old May 22, 2015, 5:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Who goes anywhere without their wallet?
Some people take out their wallet or phone and put it in the center console. Others keep some cash or coins in the car.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Box5
Over a land border, there will sometimes be a compliance search for NEXUS holders. If this happens to you, after you park your car, bring your wallet with you. When you go inside the building, they will tell you that your car will be searched but you CANNOT watch them, even from a distance. Your things, such as a wallet, is at risk to theft especially if we consider how searches at airports has resulted in many reports of theft.

You cannot argue with them so be prepared. When you cross the border, don't leave your wallet in the trunk or elsewhere. Carry it with you. Also carry your watch, etc.
Always a good idea to not leave valuables in your car.

But I have a lot more faith in CBSA or CBP conducting a search and having access to my stuff then I would the TSA. Theft by CBSA or CBP isn't something that is reported here as a frequent occurrence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.