Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Global Entry Denial and Recourse

Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by flywithme27
I just received green card last month. After about one month pending review, my case was denied. It seems most of denies happened after interview. I checked my information carefully, nothing was wrong. They did not give me exact reason. How can I appeal? Anyone has similar situation?
Several people, both citizens and permanent residents, have been denied in a similar manner, without a stated reason. Reading through this thread will give you an idea of how best to move forward should you decide to appeal. In my case Mobile Passport and PreCheck have amply made up for most of the benefits of GE.

Good luck!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:43 am

global entry truned down for expunged ca dui

hi all,
i've recently applied GE, and got denied for arrest record. i'm here to get suggestion for appeal or not.

i got dui in 2012, and court put it guilty in 2013. i've done whatever i need to do and i got this case expunged in 2017 feb.

i applied GE, couple months ago, and got interviewed by an officer. Everything was very easy until the officer asked me like "do you have two arrest?" i said no, i only had one dui in 2012, and i have it expunged already. then i showed him court signed paperworks for expungment. but he still not satisfy with it, he gives me an arrest ticket number and he thinks that second arrest is my jail serve, then request me to provide any proof to show that arrest is in a part of my dui case.
since i have nothing to proof to him in the interview, he hand me a paper with email and everything, told me if i can proof that, i will get GE card in mail.
they i went to see my lawer and talked to the court, got my arrest sheets then emailed to them. it's very detailed sheet which shows Everything for the arrest he been question of.
however, 3 wks later, i got an email says GE denied.

now.... i need suggestion from you guys, do i want to appeal?
like what i want to say in the appeal mail, since i have given Everything i get for my dui case to them already. now they have got my arrest records, court history, expungmemt paperworks... like Everything, and i got turned down.

anyone?any suggestion?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by CHEFCHOW9088
anyone?any suggestion?
I suggest that you start by reviewing this thread:
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by c2briggs1
Yes I would expect for them to say something to me about it and tell me why. My bigger issue is that when I went to the Customs office - they said to me they couldnt tell me and to write the appeal and then to check out FOIA. That tells me nothing on why I was denied. The interviewer told me that I would get my card etc in a few days. Gave me the little booklet with my number in it and everything.

Then a few days later Im told no and the reason is so vague that doesnt really help me with the appeal process.

On top of that - i have to possibly wait 6 months in hopes that they have reviewed the application and still wont have a clue as to WHY I was denied.
Hi, have you heard anything from appeal? I was denied without giving reason after pending review. Not sure what is wrong because I never arrest or something. One thing I remember is that I took pic in the security zone in the airport six years ago and the officials asked me to delete all the pics and write down my personal information. They said they will investigate and contact me if there is an issue. I never receive any response from them.
Do not know if related to this incident.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:44 am

Unhappy How to phrase FOIA request?

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Just made the FOIA request and sent my letter to the Ombudsman this morning.

And thanks for the link to the NY Times article -- great stuff, except that my case appears to be the outlier even among those interviewed. I've never had a single brush with the law, and my family background and travel patterns wouldn't be cause for alarm either.
Would you (or someone else) mind explaining how you phrased the FOIA request? My GE membership was revoked, but the only reason given is "you do not meet the program eligibility requirements." Since this is such a vague statement, I'm not sure what specific information I am requesting. Kind of a catch-22.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by saminatlanta
Would you (or someone else) mind explaining how you phrased the FOIA request? My GE membership was revoked, but the only reason given is "you do not meet the program eligibility requirements." Since this is such a vague statement, I'm not sure what specific information I am requesting. Kind of a catch-22.
Welcome to FT. Are you from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Frankly, I would think that you would be fast-tracked for GE:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Samin

In all seriousness, it is highly unlikely you will find out any information in a FOIA request.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
The best advice I can offer is to write a letter explaining exactly what you're requesting, e.g. "all materials from CBP or other government agencies related to the denial of Global Entry for [your name]" etc.

Be sure to include your SSN and birthdate, have it notarized -- anything to forestall the inevitable rejection.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 747FC
In all seriousness, it is highly unlikely you will find out any information in a FOIA request.
I'd agree (in the case of a revocation, such as this,) and/or amend just slightly; I'd personally say unless you have the resources to hire a lawyer to assist in the FOIA processes (there can be multiple steps down the line, especially if there is delay or difficulty) I'd say it would be largely an exercise in frustration (again, in the case of a revocation) although potentially still worth doing to find out the underlying issue. But don't expect any of it to be easy, remotely timely nor un-agrivating.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...oia-request%3F

You might also get some help from your local congressperson. Let them know you've filed a FOIA and ask them to help you follow up. You'll need to sign a privacy waiver for them, but they can inquire about your issue with CBP or even about the status of your FOIA if it takes too long.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question and responses concerning a misspelled last name on a pending Global Entry application was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:26 am

I was denied GE and filed an appeal with the ombudsman (denial occurred after interview). Today I received an email saying there was a status change. Logged in and it showed "conditional approval" and saying I need to schedule another interview.

Is this normal? I'm positive they did fingerprints and stuff at the first interview. In fact, the officer was confident I would get approved, but then called after to apologize and say he was wrong and that I would be getting a denial.

Can they deny me again after this next interview?

Also, it's telling me to bring my conditional approval letter...but there is no letter for the appeal.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by flyfaraway
I was denied GE and filed an appeal with the ombudsman (denial occurred after interview). Today I received an email saying there was a status change. Logged in and it showed "conditional approval" and saying I need to schedule another interview.

Is this normal? I'm positive they did fingerprints and stuff at the first interview. In fact, the officer was confident I would get approved, but then called after to apologize and say he was wrong and that I would be getting a denial.

Can they deny me again after this next interview?

Also, it's telling me to bring my conditional approval letter...but there is no letter for the appeal.
They can deny you after the second interview, or at any time they wish. But I would certainly think that the change in status means that the original problem that caused the denial has been mitigated, and you are on the path to approval (unless another issue comes up at the interview).

I would just bring the original conditional approval letter if that is all you have.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by flyfaraway
Logon to GOES and look at the letters in your "Message Inbox". My suggestion would be to print the most recent and bring that letter.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:21 pm

Thanks all! I ended up getting an interview for tomorrow and called them about the letter. After some back and forth they said to come in. 30 minutes later I get an email with a notification that I'm approved and it is showing approved on the website!
TWA884 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.