Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Update: Application, mid March. Approval, first week in May. Approx 7 weeks from application to approval. No interview required. Card received and activated this week.

Expiration date would have been end of December 2017. US Citizen since birth. The only changes were state/place of residence and a few visited countries (mostly Caribbean and S America).
And this is what bothers me...why do the approvals seem to be in random order.

Some folks applying in Feb. still are reporting pending review, while one applying in mid-march is already cleared. I'm not annoyed at you personally...didn't mean it that way at all, but shouldn't an application that was filed first have their outcome first?

That said, I was able to snag my appointment at YYZ next weekend (approval took 11.5 weeks), but then again, don't really need it then since my current version doesn't expire until August. Wife, who is expired already, is at 11 weeks now, and I fear not getting approved before we leave YYZ. I'd rather not have to drive to Detroit or wait until the next time we are in YYZ, but might be the only option.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
My renewal is at 13 weeks and counting now...this is getting ridiculous. Expires in just over three months now...
My renewal is still pending at around 4 weeks and expires in another 8 weeks so hope it is resolved before then. I would've started earlier but had to wait for a new drivers licence.

That begs the question: does my renewal need to be finished before the current one expires? Or is it no biggie if there's a few week gap? So far I don't expect I'll need the card around mid to late July but something may pop up so wouldn't want to be without one.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by tcook052
That begs the question: does my renewal need to be finished before the current one expires? Or is it no biggie if there's a few week gap?
A Nexus renewal can be started even after expiration of a current membership, so there are no issues having a membership expire during the renewal process (other than the obvious inability to use Nexus while a membership is expired).

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/co...q_cardholder_7
When will my membership expire and how soon can I renew my membership?
The expiration date for your program membership is displayed on your GOES home page after you login to GOES. You may renew your membership one year prior to your membership expiration date or anytime after your membership has expired.
Nexus renewal seems to be taking 7-11 weeks right now (with longer outliers).
Old May 21, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by nrgiii
I've been told that you keep TSA Pre if your renewal is "Pending Review", but I don't know to a certainty.

nrg
Originally Posted by fgirard
So far, my NEXUS expired on 4/17, and I've been getting PreCheck, although I'm not sure whether it's that, Managed Inclusion 4 (elite status), or that my recent travel has been made through the Defense Travel System.
Membership has now officially expired; renewal is still pending review after 10 weeks. Still got Pre for tomorrow's flight. Fingers crossed that it continues.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by emcampbe
And this is what bothers me...why do the approvals seem to be in random order.

Some folks applying in Feb. still are reporting pending review, while one applying in mid-march is already cleared. I'm not annoyed at you personally...didn't mean it that way at all, but shouldn't an application that was filed first have their outcome first?

That said, I was able to snag my appointment at YYZ next weekend (approval took 11.5 weeks), but then again, don't really need it then since my current version doesn't expire until August. Wife, who is expired already, is at 11 weeks now, and I fear not getting approved before we leave YYZ. I'd rather not have to drive to Detroit or wait until the next time we are in YYZ, but might be the only option.
I wonder if mine being more in the 7 week range can be correlated to no need for another interview? Being many miles from a border city, it made me very happy I didn't need to do another. I am in a line of work where constant travel makes it likely I'll wind up assigned in Canada again in the next 5 years, but I am not right now.

I didn't take it as you being personally annoyed with me, so no worries.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Status Update (yay!)

Applied: 16 February 2017
NEXUS Expires: 17 April 2017
Conditional Approval: 23 May 2017, 13.5 Weeks (or so)
Interview Scheduled: 23 July 2017 at YVR

Interesting note, I called CBSA and found out that I can still use GE, as well as NEXUS (with my expired card), even though I'm conditionally approved.

ETA: It is interesting that YYC has no availability for interviews, yet YVR is wide open.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:54 am

My renewal is at 13 weeks and counting now...this is getting ridiculous. Expires in just over three months now...
Too lazy to do the math, but what day did you apply? I applied I think February 27th (+/- a day). Still waiting :/
Old May 24, 2017, 7:34 am

I also applied for renewal Feb.27 and I am still waiting . My membership expired May.16. I suspect we are about 10 days away from being approved based on when February people are saying they applied and got approved.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rjp123
Waiting on 6 weeks (applied March 15 2017) for renewal.
Still waiting. It has been nearly 11 weeks since the application. US/CA dual citizen.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by fgirard
Interesting note, I called CBSA and found out that I can still use GE, as well as NEXUS (with my expired card), even though I'm conditionally approved.
FWIW, I was able to use both Nexus and GE (on the way back) today in YYZ, even though my membership has expired and the renewal is still "pending review". ^
Old May 29, 2017, 2:03 pm

Applied 2017/03/18, still pending review. Also applied for APEC which was conditionally approved in 1 day.
Stopped by YYZ as renewal was taking so long that I had to renew my passport in the middle of the process. No issue, they updated my passport # and were not surprised that my renewal was still pending. Both CA and US looked at my file and didn't see any issues but said to expect and interview this time. Both interviews can be done at the same time by the same people, so should be easy enough once NEXUS goes to conditionally approved. Based on feedback here I'm expecting that in about a month's time.
Luckily I applied 6 months before my card was expiring!

Old May 29, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by rstruthe
Applied 2017/03/18, still pending review. Also applied for APEC which was conditionally approved in 1 day.
Stopped by YYZ as renewal was taking so long that I had to renew my passport in the middle of the process. No issue, they updated my passport # and were not surprised that my renewal was still pending. Both CA and US looked at my file and didn't see any issues but said to expect and interview this time. Both interviews can be done at the same time by the same people, so should be easy enough once NEXUS goes to conditionally approved. Based on feedback here I'm expecting that in about a month's time.
Luckily I applied 6 months before my card was expiring!
Thank you for the info.
Applied for renewal on 3/12/2017, and still pending review as of 5/29/2017...
I have a trip to Vancouver in July, so I hope to have an interview then if needed.
Old May 30, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
FWIW, I was able to use both Nexus and GE (on the way back) today in YYZ, even though my membership has expired and the renewal is still "pending review". ^
Been lurking in this thread eyeing my just expired Nexus membership with travel to YYZ this past weekend. I built in sometime to stick my head into the YYZ enrollment center to see if they had any info on my 14 week "pending review" - they said they're running a 4 month backlog now <SHRUG>

But to my surprise, the agents basically confirmed what legalalien notes, that Nexus and Global Entry membership if "pending review" for a renewal is considered a valid membership. Sure enough used the GE kiosks with no issue (although there was the error that my membership had "expired -12 days ago" - but slip printed without an "X" or a requirement to go to secondary screening and breezed through CBP.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Just another data point. Wife applied on March 5. As of today, still pending approval, so this will be the end of business week 13. I'd say 65 business days, but giving the benefit of the doubt of at least 1 Canadian and US holiday, its still at 63. It expired at the end of April.

Wife did still get Pre check on a trip this weekend, so that still works. Was at YYZ last weekedn, as I had my renewal interview, and so while there, she asked, they basically said its still pending, you have to wait. Also told she could not use it while the renewal was pending. Which she can't really anyway...they took away her physical card when she became a US citizen (as they said her card can't list her primary citizenship as Canadian when you have US citizenship) and she just waited for the renewal rather than applying for a new card so soon so close. And also, they never took out her permanent residence from her profile, meaning she couldn't use the GE machine last time, either.

Just waiting now....is there any number to call. IMO, there should be a number to check on status if its been pending for X number of weeks. I remember when they used to say approval would take 4-6 weeks, but it would be done in 2-3.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Shocked at all the delays i'm seeing in this thread.

My Nexus was set to expire on 6/24. Went through the Goes renewal site on 3/24. Received new card (no interview required) last week. All-in-all, about 8 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.