Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Anyone missed their Global Entry interview appointment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Anyone missed their Global Entry interview appointment? What happens?

I scheduled an appointment far in the future that I'm doubtful I can make. I'm hoping to reschedule it for sooner and elsewhere.

I live on Maui and the nearest enrollment venter is on Oahu (short flight, but still a flight). I tried last week while in Las Vegas, but it was booked 3 weeks out and I was only there for 1 week... I called they said no walk-ins, but I think I should have just shown up and asked to politely wait and hope...

N I've go the same problem in Southern California, LAX, LGB and San Ysidro are booking for April and I'm only here until Mar. 30th.

There is no urgency to get it done, it's just hard to find overlap between appointment availability and my geographic locations.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Way back I was late to mine due to a horrendous unanticipated traffic jam. I phoned when it looked clear that I would be late and they told be to come when I could get there. Fortunately they were able to take me immediately and I made my flight from that airport.

IME there are a some last minute cancellations that can lead to a few appointment slots. I don't think it's a big deal to reschedule.

Is there still a provision that conditional approval is only valid for a certain amount of time, so that if you can't do a GE interview by the deadline, you must begin again, reapply, and pay another fee?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Keep looking at the calendar, you will see openings close in as others change and cancel. In addition, if you are at a station with a GE office, drop by and see if there is a slot open.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Often1
Keep looking at the calendar, you will see openings close in as others change and cancel. In addition, if you are at a station with a GE office, drop by and see if there is a slot open.
Agree on both counts. Slots always seem to open up.

If you're in an airport with an office and have the time to kill, stop in and just try it. You may get a different response when you're actually there compared to when you just call in to ask if it's ok.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
One more thing. Do not miss or skip your appointment. If you do, you will need to start the process over and pay a new fee. You can always change the appointment to something further out.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:25 am

i did a walk-in last week at LAX - waited about 10 minutes before being seen.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I missed one I completely forgot about and they auto rescheduled me for exactly 7 days later.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM
i was ~15 min late to mine at IAD (ironically due to the long line at immigration) -- thankfully they were able to fit me in 30 min later even though there was a sign posted saying no walk-ins
Old Oct 8, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: United
I had an appointment at SFO at 16:15 Sunday July 31, 2016, when CBP were running interviews 24 hours/day. A couple turned up with an 04:15 appointment and were surprised to learn they were 12 hours late. They were turned away and told to reschedule. At that time, the first available SFO slots were seven months out.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
One more thing. Do not miss or skip your appointment. If you do, you will need to start the process over and pay a new fee. You can always change the appointment to something further out.
???

One of my staff ended up skipping her appointment because she was sick that day. She kept trying to call, but couldn't get through. Eventually she got through and they said that once we got to the following day, the system would allow her to book a new appointment and it did. There was no starting over or new fee.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wcj1
???

One of my staff ended up skipping her appointment because she was sick that day. She kept trying to call, but couldn't get through. Eventually she got through and they said that once we got to the following day, the system would allow her to book a new appointment and it did. There was no starting over or new fee.
Agree. They understand life happens. Unless you just keep missing multiple appointments they're not going to care. It's one less person to process.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by wcj1
???

Thank you for sharing. Learn something new everyday on FT.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Time required for GE Interview/what happens if you miss appt?

I received my ok to schedule the interview yesterday and have an international flight on Delta this month.

On my international flight home, I connect in ATL and my layover is one hour and 50 minutes. Is that enough time to do the interview upon arrival at ATL and make my connection if I'm carrying on (assuming my flight is on time)?

There is an appointment time available in DTW about a half hour after I'm scheduled to land but nervous about missing it if the flight is late (I'd also like to have it as a back up if I decide to interview upon arrival and my international flight is late arriving into ATL or passport control lines are long and I won't have enough time)? If I go that route and my flight lands late into DTW will they give me a hassle if I miss that interview and need to reschedule or are they used to no shows?

My connecting flight time got changed after booking with a tighter connection than when originally booked so I may be able to get Delta to put me on a later connection as well
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Hello @jamesteroh,

I've merged your question into the relevant thread.

Enrollment interviews generally last 5-15 minutes.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question and an answer about walk-in interviews at Denver were moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.