Search

Global Entry: international?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by frankmu
There was a separate GE line when we were in NZ a little over a year ago.
For a period of time before US epassports of even non-GE members were valid for smart gate processing in NZ, GE members needed the GE card to use that line. They haven't cared to see my card since and I've had zero use for the card since except for the rare instance of driving by myself from Canada back into the U.S.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For a period of time before US epassports of even non-GE members were valid for smart gate processing in NZ, GE members needed the GE card to use that line. They haven't cared to see my card since and I've had zero use for the card since except for the rare instance of driving by myself from Canada back into the U.S.
Now that ya' mention it, I remember furiously coveting that sign entering NZ at AKL (since I go at least once a year, and, of course, was still trying to get GE!) and then was told when I asked later for a trip to Australia that a month after I went (Spring of 2014) that in Australia it was now just US ePassport/citizenship only needed to use SmartGate-- no GE needed.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by frankmu
There was a separate GE line when we were in NZ a little over a year ago.
That's no longer the case.

US ePassport holders (regardless of GE status) can use SmartGate to self-process on entry to NZ and Australia, and use SmartGate for exit from NZ. Exit from Australia can take longer than entry as it still requires waiting to see an officer at a desk.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by Quokka
That's no longer the case.

US ePassport holders (regardless of GE status) can use SmartGate to self-process on entry to NZ and Australia, and use SmartGate for exit from NZ. Exit from Australia can take longer than entry as it still requires waiting to see an officer at a desk.
Cool. If you have kids 11 or under, looks like you still need to see an officer.

I just realized the age limit for SmartGate dropped to 12 from 18!

Last edited by frankmu; Jan 27, 2015 at 4:50 pm Reason: age change for SmartGate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.