Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Traveling with Non-GE/NEXUS Companions/Family Members

Traveling with Non-GE/NEXUS Companions/Family Members

Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
I ask because I was denied GE and she was approved. Trying to decide if it's even worth her moving forward at this point.
If your wife paid the $100 and was approved, why would she abandon the approval? Makes no sense.

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 3, 2017 at 3:02 pm Reason: Off topic
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jsk1973
If your wife paid the $100 and was approved, why would she abandon the approval? Makes no sense.
We travel together. Figured it wouldn't make sense for only one of us to have GE.

<deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 3, 2017 at 3:03 pm Reason: Off topic
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So I'm flying - me, spouse, and 3 month old child. All US passport holders. Spouse and I have GE. Child doesn't (we have her GE "interview" scheduled 1.5 hours after arrival in the same terminal).

Airport has GE, APC, and MPC. What's our best option? If baby anyways MUST use MPC or APC, any benefit for either parent to use GE kiosk?

If both parents use GE and baby uses MPC/APC, can we still use the GE line at customs?
Old Dec 11, 2016, 9:55 am

Global entry for kids

guys - I applied for 3 adults in the household but forgot our 6 month old. With global entry, do they simply allow the baby to come through with the adult are they fairly strict about this and will make us all stand in the regular line?

Thx
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sam007
guys - I applied for 3 adults in the household but forgot our 6 month old. With global entry, do they simply allow the baby to come through with the adult are they fairly strict about this and will make us all stand in the regular line?

Thx
Only Global Entry members are allowed to use GE kiosks. Why not apply GE for your 6 months old now. It should not take that long.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Thx
The baby will need its own declaration form done via non-GE means. While the GE adults can use the GE kiosk and use the GE receipts, the household travel party should clear together in a non-GE line and can present the GE receipts along with the baby's declaration receipt/form (APC kiosk printed, printed form filled by pen, MPC).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: GE

Thx
Don't try to pass through the GE line with an non-enrolled baby, both at passport control and at baggage control. It is one of their points of emphasis, each person passing through the GE line must be in GE, no matter the age.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
Don't try to pass through the GE line with an non-enrolled baby, both at passport control and at baggage control. It is one of their points of emphasis, each person passing through the GE line must be in GE, no matter the age.
That is indeed generally the case. The primary exception to that is where the GE line is co-mingled. For example, as where GE and MPC are co-mingled -- something that BOS has had; but then the party must all have used GE and/or MPC.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Global Entry members using the regular line

If as UK citizens who have global entry we opt to use the long line and not the GE machines do we need to complete the Customs and Border Protection Declaration Form 6059B?

Reason being as we will have a non GE person with us.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
If as UK citizens who have global entry we opt to use the long line and not the GE machines do we need to complete the Customs and Border Protection Declaration Form 6059B?

Reason being as we will have a non GE person with us.
Yes; you will need to complete that form by hand or (if applicable) use an APC kiosk to do the declaration, for at least the non-GE person in your travel party.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks.

She can't use the machine as she hasn't been into the USA before with this passport.

I just wasn't sure if we had to complete the form for ourselves. We will do that.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Thanks.

She can't use the machine as she hasn't been into the USA before with this passport.

I just wasn't sure if we had to complete the form for ourselves. We will do that.
If you're part of the same travel party and a single family/household, then you should go together via the regular channel she (the non-GE member) would use and declare things the same way as with her. What I've also sometimes seen done in these situations is for GE members to use the GE kiosk and then go into the regular line applicable to the non-GE member and present a declaration form/receipt for the non-GE passenger along with all the passports and with the GE receipts for the GE members. CBP then will sometimes take all the forms and receipts together and staple them for presentation for customs control just after baggage claim.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

This thread is about using the Global Entry kiosks when traveling with non GE companions. Several posts discussing whether family members traveling with a Global Entry member receive PreCheck privileges were move to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:45 am

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, this is the most recent one on the topic I can find.

I'm a UK passport holder, recently got GE. My wife is a US passport holder, no GE.

It's the first time we're travelling to the US together. I'm assuming the correct process here is that we split up, I use the GE lane, she uses the APC lane, and we meet up in the baggage hall? And then we need to clear customs separately too?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:01 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by markle
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, this is the most recent one on the topic I can find.

I'm a UK passport holder, recently got GE. My wife is a US passport holder, no GE.

It's the first time we're travelling to the US together. I'm assuming the correct process here is that we split up, I use the GE lane, she uses the APC lane, and we meet up in the baggage hall? And then we need to clear customs separately too?
Correct, you will have to split up for immigration. GE is ONLY for this enrolled in GE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.