Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS card: adding citizenship process?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)

I am an existing NEXUS card holder. I recently became a Canadian citizen and I went to YYZ Pearson Airport to add my Canadian passport.

There was some confusion in the beginning on how to do it. The Canadian side entered my Canadian passport info, and said that was all, said I could leave. But just as I was about to leave the office, she asked me to wait. Then a very friendly US officer helped me. She spent some time entering all the new info, took a new photo and took a new fingerprint scan. She took in my old NEXUS card, as it listed my original non-Canadian citizenship on the card, and said a new one will be coming in 7-10 days. I was not asked to pay a fee. As I was leaving I received an email from PROD-GOES saying there was an account status change. There was a new "approval notification" on my GOES account (similar to the one I received for my initial old card).

When I went home and looked into my GOES profile, under the "Citizenship Information" section, it did not list my Canadian citizenship. Instead, it remained unchanged - still original citizenship listed there. The Canadian passport was listed under "Admissibility Documents".

Next day, I called the Canadian NEXUS line and they gave me a US number to call. I called the US GOES line and they said it is "normal" even though it doesn't show up under "citizenship information" but shows up under "admissibility documents". They said everything should be "fine" - which I thought was confusing.

Questions:
1) How long does it take to receive a replacement card? I'm on day 8 so still some time but was just wondering what people's experiences were in terms of length of time it takes to receive the card in the mail for people living in Canada.

2) Is it normal to not have the citizenship show under GOES under "citizenship information" but rather under "admissibility documents"? Or do I need to go back to the office after I get the new card and have them correct it on the GOES profile?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AC, AF KLM flying blue, BAEC
Hi Cooleddie

Would you mind sharing what happened in the end? Did you get your new card on time, with your new citizenship updated?
Was it also updated in your GOES profile?

It would be nice of you, to provide such updates!

Good day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.