Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry and G4 Visa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire RA
Global Entry and G4 Visa

Since UA gives me Global Entry for free as a platinum member I got a bit curious about it. I am a Swedish national with a G4 visa, am I eligible for GE? If not, any of the other trusted traveler programs? Not that it's a big pain to use the diplomatic line, but TSA-pre would be nice.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:51 pm

I don't think any of the "G" visas are considered Permanent Residents, (you don't have a "green card") so no, I don't think you're eligible for GE.

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about/eligibility

Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, South Korean citizens and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents may enjoy Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire RA
I agree, if you are Dutch and have G4 you are apparently ok...
I can get SENTRI it seems...whatever that is, and SENTRI can lead to TSA-Pre it seems...
Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Orion_1
I agree, if you are Dutch and have G4 you are apparently ok...
I can get SENTRI it seems...whatever that is, and SENTRI can lead to TSA-Pre it seems...
SENTRI is the Trusted Traveler program for the US-Mexican border and yes, it does come with Pre and Global Entry included. It's more expensive, though ($122).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.