Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS - No Proof of living at current (non-permanent) address

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm on work assignment for a few months, and I managed to work out an 'informal' sublease for a room in a 2BR during that time. Aside from the fact that that's not a best practice, does anyone have any advice on how I can get past the "Proof of living at current address"? After my assignment, I plan on going back to my permanent address that's printed on my DL, Passport, etc.

Relevant Info:
Currently Live: Michigan
Work Address: Michigan
Permanent Address: Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, so not near a Canada border crossing)

I would really like to get Nexus. Any advice? I did stay in a hotel for a month for work in Michigan but that was in the past, so I don't have anything current...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
What do they consider proof? You can buy a lease form, fill it out, and have your "landlord" sign it. Or, can you receive mail at that address?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Proof: an untility bill in your name.

Having gone through this issue with multiple banks...

Often they accept a utility bill in your name. Something tied to the property such as cable / water - a cell phone bill does not work. And I know this can be tough in a sub-let but you can always ask the landlord to put one of the bills in your name.

Good luck.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Update: They (NEXUS) said mail is ok, so I'm gonna use that. Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Just down your Philadelphia address.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.