Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Did you use the APC kiosks instead of the GE kiosks? It wasn't clear to me.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
You can write to the Ombudsman and request an appeal of your revocation of membership. That said, I think that CBP officers do have the right to terminate membership on the spot if you no longer meet the strict criteria of a "low-risk" traveler.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Log onto your GE account and see what your status is. The GE card itself has little to no value and you don't need it. The question is whether your GE status has been revoked, is being reviewed, or whether you will simply have it returned with a nasty letter about following directions.

If you can accomplish the return of the card and maintenance of your account without getting into the gory details of who said what to whom, you will be much better off. If you can't, I would rewrite the exchange in your post into a much clearer and descritive manner and focus on the incident itself, not what happened before or after. Not to be critical, but you also need to have someone proof-read it carefully.

But, if your question is as simple as the one posed, the answer is that the CBP Officer is authorized to confiscate the card and to revoke your status.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did you use the APC kiosks instead of the GE kiosks? It wasn't clear to me.
I was under impression I used GE kiosk.

Never heard of APC kiosk. But thinking about it 2 days later, it is possible that I was directed to what you call APC kiosk.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Log onto your GE account and see what your status is. The GE card itself has little to no value and you don't need it. The question is whether your GE status has been revoked, is being reviewed, or whether you will simply have it returned with a nasty letter about following directions.

If you can accomplish the return of the card and maintenance of your account without getting into the gory details of who said what to whom, you will be much better off. If you can't, I would rewrite the exchange in your post into a much clearer and descritive manner and focus on the incident itself, not what happened before or after. Not to be critical, but you also need to have someone proof-read it carefully.

But, if your question is as simple as the one posed, the answer is that the CBP Officer is authorized to confiscate the card and to revoke your status.
Logged to my GOES account yesterday and GE status was still active. Fingers crossed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a status change only after several weeks.

If it ever gets to official correspondence my plan is to keep it to minimum and only crucial details. All the gory stuff was for FT crowd.

English is my 3rd language and I was writing the post on my smartphone, but you are absolutely correct that it has to be well crafted and proof-read carefully.

Thanks for your opinion.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:25 am

#1 rule of dealing with government workers. Always, no matter how ridiculous they can be, act like you are at fault and say you are sorry.

I deal with federal/state/city workers almost every day. About 1 in 10 is either on a power trip, is having a bad day, and/or is just a flat out mean person. You and your friend did kind of "one up" the agent twice. Doesn't excuse the agent, but I find it best when dealing with TSA or CBP is to say as LITTLE as possible.
landrew and Dean1953 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Often1
This is the case with most identification documents, but is it true with Global Entry? When you lose your Nexus card, you have to go through a new background check and interview.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by Dubai Stu
This is the case with most identification documents, but is it true with Global Entry? When you lose your Nexus card, you have to go through a new background check and interview.
The GE card is only used for land crossings, and if you never plan to use it you're not even required to activate it; GE for air crossing works off passport only.

So it's possible you'd have to re-interview if you lose the card, but GE seems to place very little emphasis on the card, beyond a "notify if you lose it".
Old May 20, 2014, 1:35 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Has anyone lost Global Entry status?

Many of us are very concerned about not violating GE program rules, and desire to retain our GE status. Does anyone have personal experience losing their GE status, and if so, what violation caused this revocation?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Just heard from a colleague about another colleague who got into a verbal debate with CBPO while checking the status of the long line at the GE kiosk. I guess the CBPO thought he was cutting the line. Asked to speak to CBPO supervisor, stating CBPO was unprofessional. (Who knows what is true as this is heresay).... he left thinking all was fine. A few days later, got a letter stating his GE was rescinded as well as TSA pre check. They consider him high risk flyer. He is appealing. Terrible predicament for him since we fly a lot "for the government."

After I heard that, I am going to shut my mouth. The other day while in the TSA preCheck line, I was two people behind a Caribbean island lady in MIA. She had a gazillion plastic grocery type bags she was sorting thru into one bag while on the table leading to the moving belt, while drinking a bottle of water, holding up the very long line for sure. At a complete stop doing this. In a louder voice than normal, said, Pleasssssssssse push your bags through lady. One TSAO glared at me (well she wasn't doing her job) She finally pushed them thru, walked thru, then on the other side TSA took two more bottles of water away and she stood there ARGUING with them and had to refer her to a supervisor so we could get the line moving again.

Really???????? What are you doing in the TSA precheck line if you think you are allowed to bring through bottled water. Could it have been rum the way she was acting??

I think we should all have to take a test to get a TSA precheck access. Anyway, I didn't realize its so easy to rescind access to this wonderful programs.
Old May 20, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by trekker954

Really???????? What are you doing in the TSA precheck line if you think you are allowed to bring through bottled water. Could it have been rum the way she was acting??
She likely was designated as low risk without having enrolled in the program.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:34 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
From your description my added "s" is a better description.
She likely was designated as slow risk without having enrolled in the program.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
This couple did get it revoked for repeatedly failing to declare "about 25 pounds of chick peas and five pounds of popcorn with green curry leaves."

Dulles CBP Seizes Undeclared Food in 7 of 8 Suitcases

This one for failing to declare "$6,083 amount of merchandise"

Philly CBP Assesses $6K Duty Penalty, Revokes Trusted Traveler’s Privileges

SENTRI revoked - Nogales, Ariz. CBP Officers Seize $1.55 Million in Drugs, Recover Stolen Vehicle

NEXUS revoked - Detroit CBP Seizes Undeclared Ammunition from Trusted Traveler
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:22 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
This couple did get it revoked for repeatedly failing to declare "about 25 pounds of chick peas and five pounds of popcorn with green curry leaves."

Dulles CBP Seizes Undeclared Food in 7 of 8 Suitcases

This one for failing to declare "$6,083 amount of merchandise"

Philly CBP Assesses $6K Duty Penalty, Revokes Trusted Traveler’s Privileges

SENTRI revoked - Nogales, Ariz. CBP Officers Seize $1.55 Million in Drugs, Recover Stolen Vehicle

NEXUS revoked - Detroit CBP Seizes Undeclared Ammunition from Trusted Traveler
All of these are glaring infractions.
Can CBP (without notifying GE person), that they "re-assessed" his documentation--only to find out that he is rejected when he next tries to use the GE terminal. [This is at the other end of the spectrum, compared to the cases noted above.]
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:34 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
According to PDF provided in this thread, participation in trusted traveler program is assessed daily against various databases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.