Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Interview was 7/27 in Brooklyn. Just changed today

ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED
TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1.

Had a DWI in 2002 and a 2nd in 2009. (Latter was BS; but reduced to a 1st) Called the hotline and I was in fact approved and am awaiting my number to be assigned. In case others with "checkered" records were curious about getting approved.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: United
Interview was 9/17/16 for Myself, Spouse, and 12 year old child.

Today, 9/29/16 my Child's Status went to "Eligibility determined" but no KTN was issued. Initially it said something about my childs fingerprints needed special processing.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:20 pm

Applied on website on 9/26.

Interview was 9/27 at SFO. Website status changed to "Eligibility Determined" late that evening.

Received approval e-mail and KTN was posted to the website on the afternoon of 9/30.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: Pualani Platinum : Hawaiian Airlines
Day 51.... Nothing

Interview on 8/14 at Honolulu Airport. Status changed to "processing" that night. Nothing new since then, and it's been 51 days now. I red through this thread, and couldn't find anyone else taking that long.

Called on day 31, told that they're "backed up", I told her they should remove the "30 day" phrase then... it's misleading and causing more calls, I'm sure.

I fly 140+ flights a year, for the last several years. I'd laugh if I was a "risk", considering how often I'm in the air. But no criminal record, so there's really no reason for this. I have a client on Pearl Harbor, and I passed a dept. of defense form-0180 background check in 24 hours. That lets me onto a military base, unaccompanied. I also passed a military rapid gate background check in a few days... I'm a civilian with no military background...

Seems like MorphoTrust (whom TSA contracts this out to) is using some back country outdated technology or process. It's almost just a joke at this point. An $85 joke. 6 different flights in the next 3 days... starting to wonder what I paid for.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Average time to get Precheck after interview

Hi all,

I searched the last few pages of threads, and I also did three other searches and couldn't find the right combination of words to answer my question. (If someone else can come up with the right combination of words, that's fine with me.) I'm flying from BOS to LAS in November and since my travelling companion has Global Entry, I decided to at least try to get precheck so I can go through security with him. What's the average time after the interview (mine is tomorrow) that one gets clearance? Is there a link on the website, for instance?

Edit: this may be in the wrong forum. It's okay to move it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by longwaybackhome; Oct 6, 2016 at 9:28 am
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
Edit: this may be in the wrong forum. It's okay to move it.

Thanks in advance.
I've merged your question into the relevant thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Thanks, TWA884.

Applied on website: October 6.

Interview: October 7, South Boston.

Next flight: November 9, BOS-MSP-LAS on DL. BF has GE. (That's six acronyms in eight words.)

*crosses fingers*

Edited to add:

ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED October 8, KTN unassigned.

Edited again:

Received e-mail assigning KTN 4:35 am EDT October 11, put into DL SkyMiles acct 6 am, in reservation when running errand at Logan at 2:15 pm.

Last edited by longwaybackhome; Oct 11, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:15 pm

TSA Pre-Check question...

I know this isn't exactly the place to post the question but I figure you guys will know. I ALWAYS forget about Pre-Check until right before I'm flying and keep blowing it off but I REALLY want to do it this time. I'm planing on a trip October 26 - 30. Is there any chance if I jump on signing up for Pre-Check right now that it'll be approved in time for that trip?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, there is always a chance. It will depend on a whole bunch of variables and since you haven't supplied any information, there isn't any chance that any information you get here will be useful.

Why not ask to have this moved to the correct forum as this has nothing to do with AS and then add all of the details?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Yes, there is always a chance. It will depend on a whole bunch of variables and since you haven't supplied any information, there isn't any chance that any information you get here will be useful.

Why not ask to have this moved to the correct forum as this has nothing to do with AS and then add all of the details?
I didn't actually know there was a specific forum for it, sorry! Apparently all I do is live over here in the AS forum. Also, what information would be relevant to help estimate if it could get done in time? I've never signed up for Pre-Check before...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Very dependent on getting an appointment for fingerprinting. Start with that process.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
Very dependent on getting an appointment for fingerprinting. Start with that process.
Disagree. Unlike other trusted traveller programs, there's no requirement to be preapproved or fill out an application in advance. If there are open appointments at the enrollment center(s) near the OP within the next couple of days, sure go ahead and grab one of those. If not, don't worry about filling the out the application online, just show up right when the enrollment center opens and more than likely you'll be in and out in a couple of minutes including collecting your info and fingerprints.

OP, see the Pre Check enrollment thread for more experiences and answers. Looks like it's a toss up whether TTN will come through in time or not. Either way, you should have it for future travel.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:14 pm

Alternatively, consider signing up for Global Entry. Even if you only do 1 international arrival in a 5-year period, not having to wait in the immigration line is well worth it!

It also gives you TSA Pre-Check, at least at airports that have it and on airlines that are registered (I think Allegiant and some of the other cheap airlines are not).
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Disagree. Unlike other trusted traveller programs, there's no requirement to be preapproved or fill out an application in advance. If there are open appointments at the enrollment center(s) near the OP within the next couple of days, sure go ahead and grab one of those. If not, don't worry about filling the out the application online, just show up right when the enrollment center opens and more than likely you'll be in and out in a couple of minutes including collecting your info and fingerprints.

OP, see the Pre Check enrollment thread for more experiences and answers. Looks like it's a toss up whether TTN will come through in time or not. Either way, you should have it for future travel.
Perhaps your experience varied from mine. my experience involved following the guidelines set forth.

Filled out some online crap. Chose an available appt window. Waited for that day to arrive. Visited office and was fingerprinted. Approval process was about a week from then.

My point to the Individual asking was , depending on how Far out you had to make an appt would impact the total turnaround time.

Depending on your location I suspect that times would vary.

Thanks for disagreeing with MY Opinion though 😃
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA, B6, WN
I applied and got fingerprinted as a walk in yesterday at the pop up in the United office at Penn Station NYC. A 1 minute wait to be seen, easy as pie, hopefully approval and receiving the number is just as easy as pie too, I have flights at Thanksgiving and Christmas times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.