Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by asimegusta
I am flying on June 22, 2016 and would like to get TSA precheck. I began the appointment scheduling online today but the earliest appointment date is May 31st. I called TSA Precheck and they told me that the average time-line for approval in 30 days from fingerprinting.
So it looks like my best option is to do a walk-in. Another poster said that by going in around 8AM opening time, he was able to get in.

Anybody have luck with that?
Yes I did that. In fact the location I went to doesn't even have appointment windows until 15 or 30 minutes after opening. This was a small, non-airport site so YMMV but do check the hours for your location as they vary and good luck!
Old May 19, 2016, 6:22 am
Suspended

My application says I have to bring a "Passport Book or Card", but I don't have that. I think the system messed-up. I will bring my green card.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
My application says I have to bring a "Passport Book or Card", but I don't have that. I think the system messed-up. I will bring my green card.
^ Should be fine. FT is choking when linking directly to the PDF of acceptable documents, or at least the mobile version is.

https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/apply and click at "See other acceptable documents" in Step 3.1.

Last edited by rustykettel; May 19, 2016 at 10:23 am
Old May 19, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Yes I did that. In fact the location I went to doesn't even have appointment windows until 15 or 30 minutes after opening. This was a small, non-airport site so YMMV but do check the hours for your location as they vary and good luck!
Thanks. I plan on going in tomorrow very early. I noticed some location only allow ticketed passengers do walk-ins so I need to check that.

I have my return ticket already, but I asume by ticketed PAX, it means ticketed for a flight the day you walk-in.
Old May 19, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by asimegusta
Thanks. I plan on going in tomorrow very early. I noticed some location only allow ticketed passengers do walk-ins so I need to check that.

I have my return ticket already, but I asume by ticketed PAX, it means ticketed for a flight the day you walk-in.
I was wondering about that, I get gate passes from Delta when I meet my wife if she is flying in or when I walk her out, I know it clear must be ticket passenger I just wonder if it matters
Old May 20, 2016, 1:26 pm

I went Monday morning for my interview and still haven't seen my KTN yet. When I called the 855 number, they told me they're running closer to two weeks turnaround right now.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:00 pm

Interviewed Wednesday morning, got my # late Friday afternoon on the web site. That'll work
Old May 21, 2016, 8:00 pm

I didn't schedule an appointment. I showed up about 10-15 minutes before their schedule business hours at the location. I got in and out within 15 minutes. I just got my approval email today (12 days) after submitting fingerprints. They even told me that it will take anywhere between 30-45 days to hear from TSA.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Similar story to others' here: me, DH, two teenagers did walk-in appointments on Friday 5/13 within seconds of each other. By Sunday, the kids and I had our KTN available online. DH's still says the "received...underway" message.

Annoyingly, he is the one flying tomorrow, no precheck.

He was thinking that grown men might have more checking done than women/kids, but that does not seem consistent with the anecdotes here. All of us are squeaky clean, of course - and we all have passports but little international travel. My fingerprints are already in the record because I'm a teacher, and certified in two states that require(d) it.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:00 pm

I applied Thursday, May 12 and got the thumbs-up email May 30 — about two and a half weeks. A woman friend applied the week after I did and got her approval in 48 hours.

Anyway, I went ahead and added my KTN to my airline profiles. It didn't automatically get added to my existing reservations, but I called the airline and it was an easy process to get them added, and the PreCheck symbol immediately appeared on my reservation.

Does that mean it automatically will appear on my boarding pass when I check in, or does seeing it on the reservation not guarantee it on my boarding pass?
Old May 30, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, National Executive
Originally Posted by Shombolar
I applied Thursday, May 12 and got the thumbs-up email May 30 — about two and a half weeks. A woman friend applied the week after I did and got her approval in 48 hours.

Anyway, I went ahead and added my KTN to my airline profiles. It didn't automatically get added to my existing reservations, but I called the airline and it was an easy process to get them added, and the PreCheck symbol immediately appeared on my reservation.

Does that mean it automatically will appear on my boarding pass when I check in, or does seeing it on the reservation not guarantee it on my boarding pass?
The TSA says just because you have PreCheck, you aren't guaranteed it. They do this to make certain there is always a small chance you won't get it for security purposes. It seems most people always get it though as long as it is entered in your reservation and your reservation details match your KTN profile.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Iberia Plus, Flying Blue, Delta Skymiles, Priority Club
As I previously posted earlier, I decided to enroll online for an interview scheduled for June, and also do a walk-in on Friday May 21st.
I arrived a bit after 8am to find a tiny office in the baggage zone. There were several people RDVs. I waited about 2 hours before getting called, got a bit tedious. In the interview, I was told it may take a week. I saw my TT number posted with a grant date of May 28th. I am expecting a paper version within ten days.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:39 am

I keep checking the UES site, it says the last updated status date was 5/25/2016. Is anyone else experiencing this? I think the first few days I check it updated that status date to match the current date.

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:26 am

5/25 STA Underway

Girlfriend and I walked into Gilbert AZ facility on 23rd. Short wait at the open.
She got her KTN in a day, mine is stuck with STA underway on 5/25 as well.
Agent had trouble transmitting my fingerprints correctly. Long military career, finger printed many many times for security clearances and SEC related jobs, no
Felonies. <deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 1, 2016 at 10:02 am Reason: Policy debate/political comment, not practical Trusted Travelers advice/information.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Update: my husband's finally came through. Interestingly, his number looks like it came reasonably soon after the other three of ours in terms of numbers and letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.