Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: CO Plat, Marriott Plat
Had my appointment on March 30th, advised the attendant that they had issues when taking my fingerprints for another license so she paid special attention to make certain that my prints were clear including cleaning of tips, etc. My wife has never had her prints taken, I have had top secret clearance as graduate of a service academy. My wife had her KTN with in a couple of days; I have the dreaded :We are experiencing temporary delays in processing applicant fingerprints and therefore your eligibility determination may take slightly longer to complete." Last time I received a message after three weeks that I had to have them retaken; it would be nice if they were a little more forthcoming in this process.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by copwriter
It depends on what kind of AMEX Platinum card you have. I have the AMEX Platinum Delta SkyMiles card, and they don't reimburse or provide credit for a PreCheck fee. If you're counting on a reimbursement, check with your card provider and makes sure you have that benefit before you take the plunge.
Amex reimburses on business cards not on personal. I checked after we applied not expecting anything on a whim (I have small biz gold / delta plat) and neither of those covers it.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, SWA RR ALP-CP, Hertz #1 Gold PC, HH Lifetime Diamond
Overall, getting TSA Pre-Check was a pretty painless process:

Made appointment online: 03/16
In-person appointment: 03/20, took about 10 minutes total
Received email stating "Eligibility Determined": 03/24
KTN available online: 03/26

Beginning to end, only took about a week for me. This should help significantly with 200-300+ flights in the coming year. ^
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: American Airlines, Southwest
Approval letter dated within 9 days of application

Applied for Precheck 3/28/17 in the evening.
Scheduled my appointment at BNA for the next day 3/29/17 in the morning.
Appointments were wide open.

Received a letter in the mail with my KTN after about a week and a half (letter dated 4/6/17).

When I checked my status online around 4/3, it said "Eligibility Determined" but I did not see a KTN until about a day or 2 later.

I googled to see if that meant I was potentially denied, but I saw somewhere that if you were denied, it would not say 'Eligibility determined." Not sure if that is how it works.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:17 pm

Called TSA

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone else is looking for an answer like I was... I called tsa and they told me it takes up to 72 hours for the KTN to show up online as it has to be replicated over to all the airlines' databases and whatnot. Makes sense!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by adc1373
Amex reimburses on business cards not on personal. I checked after we applied not expecting anything on a whim (I have small biz gold / delta plat) and neither of those covers it.
Amex does in fact reimburse on any Platinum card (Personal or Business) for TSA Precheck OR Global Entry.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve card also has this feature and the annual fee is $450 which $100 less than the AmEx @ $550
Old May 5, 2017, 2:59 pm

I applied online. Was given an appointment time the next day which was yesterday. I was the only one there.

I got the "TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination" message today about 24 hours after I went in and paid. I'll update when I get the number assigned.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:39 am

Day 2 after getting the message that my "Eligibility Determined". Based on data points in the thread, I should be getting an email within 24 hours and have my KTN available shortly afterwards.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Sasori
Day 2 after getting the message that my "Eligibility Determined". Based on data points in the thread, I should be getting an email within 24 hours and have my KTN available shortly afterwards.
Got my KTN on Day 4 after my UE Status page showed "Eligibility Determined". It seems like if you are left without a KTN after your eligibility is determined it is just a matter of waiting 3-4 days.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Adding my DP:

6/5/17 Appointment at EWR, no now was waiting before me
6/10/17 Eligibility Determined
6/11/17 Email update, KTN assigned

Brand new Permanent Resident
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWEWR
Brand new Permanent Resident
Welcome to the USA!

Does anybody have feedback on the waiting times at LAX?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott & SPG Platinum, Hertz Platinum, Avis PC, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Welcome to the USA!
Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Jeremy Lynnes
Amex does in fact reimburse on any Platinum card (Personal or Business) for TSA Precheck OR Global Entry.

The Chase Sapphire Reserve card also has this feature and the annual fee is $450 which $100 less than the AmEx @ $550
Are you sure that AmEx reimburses the PreCheck $85 application fee if paid with a USA-based personal AmEx Platinum (unaffiliated) charge card?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure that AmEx reimburses the PreCheck $85 application fee if paid with a USA-based personal AmEx Platinum (unaffiliated) charge card?
Yes.
Application Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓™

Receive one Global Entry statement credit ($100) or one TSA Prestatement credit ($85) every 4 years for an application fee charged to an eligible American Express® Card.

The application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre is available to American Express Gold Corporate Card Members, Consumer Platinum Card® Members, Corporate Platinum Card Members, Business Platinum Card Members, Consumer Centurion® Members, Corporate Centurion® Members, and Business Centurion® Members.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I have a US based personal amex platinum card and received the $85 credit 3 days after my appointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.