Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOES Application Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:10 am
Original Poster

GOES Application Review

My husband & I both applied for Global Entry on the same day last week. My conditional approval came through in less than 48 hours, while his is still in "pending review" status a week later.

Any idea how long it generally takes to get through review? I don't want to schedule my interview until his approval comes through so I can schedule both at the same time (seems silly to do otherwise), but I'm a little concerned about his app.

Only thing I can figure is that he does have a bit of an "outlier" situation - his place of birth is Ryukyu Islands, Japan, but is a US citizen (his father was in the military at Okinawa when he was born), and providing his passport number should have given them all the information they needed on that.

Not sure at what point I should start worrying.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
you can email GE support and ask

sometimes this prompts the decision. But a week isn't too long based on others' postings...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is no "general" length of time. If the conditional approval doesn't come in 2-3 days, it can take anywhere from a few extra days to well over a month. All depends on how long it takes to verify a given piece of information.

I would not hold off scheduling your appointment. You can always reschedule later if he gets his conditional approval.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - his conditional approval came through about 15 minutes ago. Appointments scheduled at PHL for next Sunday. I have 3 flights in the next month, and another in October. I'm hoping I can update the itineraries to get Pre.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JObeth66
I'm hoping I can update the itineraries to get Pre.
I have added my KTN as late as online check-in and received Precheck.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
I need to renew my passport soon(US). What effect- if any- does this have on Global Entry? New GE card issued? Er qualified?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by manstein58
I need to renew my passport soon(US). What effect- if any- does this have on Global Entry? New GE card issued? Er qualified?
Any time your passport information changes, you have to update it in GOES. If your name changes (e.g., marriage) you get to make another trip to an enrollment center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.