Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck at Small Airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck at Small Airports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:56 pm

Burbank recently added precheck in the big terminal (Southwest, US Air) in the area that used to be the "Expert traveler" lane. Very nice experience.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Just experienced something similar at GNV. Only one line with one WTMD for everyone. After the ID checker gets the three beeps, he highlights the BP. Then you show the BP to the guy manning the WTMD. Liquids still come out there. Shoes and belts stay on if they don't alarm.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Pre-check lite w/a twist this morning @ TOL-anyone getting the 3 beeps is offered a choice, by the screeners, of the NoS or WTMD. 2 pax in front of me chose the NoS, & ended up w/partial gropes. I zipped thru the WTMD ^
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:11 pm

Went through security at CHS A gates on Friday and encountered a variant of "Pre Check Lite" for the first time: common line with non-PreCheck to the ID checker, who put a checkmark in highlighter on my boarding pass. Didn't have to remove shoes or belt (and forgot to take out my wallet) but I still had to remove my laptop sleeve from my backpack. No nudeoscopes in sight, just WTMD for everyone, so it really didn't save much hassle over not having Pre Check.

TSA really needs a consistent approach here...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by lordsutch
They are consistently inconsistent-only the TSA would consider that a good thing
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by lordsutch
Went through security at CHS A gates on Friday and encountered a variant of "Pre Check Lite" for the first time: common line with non-PreCheck to the ID checker, who put a checkmark in highlighter on my boarding pass. Didn't have to remove shoes or belt (and forgot to take out my wallet) but I still had to remove my laptop sleeve from my backpack. No nudeoscopes in sight, just WTMD for everyone, so it really didn't save much hassle over not having Pre Check.

Same for me in CHS last week (not sure which gates, whichever ones Delta and United use). Saw the other checkpoint did have a NOS though, so I'd guess/hope that the magical checkmark spares one the NOS.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by capitolm94
Burbank recently added precheck in the big terminal (Southwest, US Air) in the area that used to be the "Expert traveler" lane. Very nice experience.
Both times I've flown out of there the Pre-Check lane was closed. However, upon seeing me as a Pre-Check flyer the guy checking IDs issued me a neon pink card. This allowed me all of the usual pre-check benefits while going through the standard line.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:47 am

Just went thru TOL-still pre-check lite Bin pusher insisted my hand lotion, already in a Kip Kwart, go in a dog food bowl by itself vs. sitting in the bin beside the laptop.

The mind simply boggles at what could be done w/the $8 billion/yr we give these people.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
We were at MDT over the weekend which is listed as full precheck, but got what some are calling precheck lite. Just one line was open and we got one of those plastic cards, had to take our liquids out, but could I keep our shoes and belt on.

They did tell me that at busy hours, they set up a full precheck line there.

Bob H
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by BobH
We were at MDT over the weekend which is listed as full precheck, but got what some are calling precheck lite. Just one line was open and we got one of those plastic cards, had to take our liquids out, but could I keep our shoes and belt on.

They did tell me that at busy hours, they set up a full precheck line there.

Bob H
That's the policy at PNS too...real PreCheck limited to busy hours. Actually, I haven't flown from there since January, but that's what they told me then. I've asked a few times at VPS about getting real Pre. The last time I asked the agent laughed and said, "when someone else replaces their equipment and they send us the old stuff."
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:35 am

BTV this morning...PC lane dumps into the middle of the regular line to the single ID checker, then PC pax get a yellow card for the WTMD & can keep shoes on, otherwise, the rest of the usual TSA security theater in effect
Old Sep 13, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Originally Posted by txrus
BTV this morning...PC lane dumps into the middle of the regular line to the single ID checker, then PC pax get a yellow card for the WTMD & can keep shoes on, otherwise, the rest of the usual TSA security theater in effect
I've never seen the PreCheck line open at BTV so far (checkpoint on the 2nd floor, can't tell about the other one where DL departs).
I usually depart about noon with US or UA and they always tell me that's open in the morning and that I'm the only right now...
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by unblack
I've never seen the PreCheck line open at BTV so far (checkpoint on the 2nd floor, can't tell about the other one where DL departs).
I usually depart about noon with US or UA and they always tell me that's open in the morning and that I'm the only right now...
One thing the smurfs know how to do very well is play fast & loose w/the truth
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
KOA (which is a VERY small airport, so small it doesn't have walls..) has a pre-check lane
Old Nov 6, 2014, 8:33 am

Full, real Pre-check has FINALLY arrived at FWA ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.