Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mike.macrone
You are able to complete registration at the airport anytime after you finish the online enrollment. I recommend bringing a passport (if you have one)

I do believe it is the exact day for renewals.
+1

Mrs. Lee actually did her online registration on her phone, while waiting for me to finish my fingerprinting, etc.

I asked her to do it ahead of time but she "forgot".
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by gooselee
+1

Mrs. Lee actually did her online registration on her phone, while waiting for me to finish my fingerprinting, etc.

I asked her to do it ahead of time but she "forgot".
Hahaha. It is so simple and quick to get done! And it's a fun service. Soooo much quicker!!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
3 Months Free, code LD2017 through September 5th.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Exp; 1 MM
3-months free trial

Originally Posted by Zorak
3 Months Free, code LD2017 through September 5th.
I got the same in the mail just a little while ago. Use code: LD2017

3 Months. After the trial period is almost over, you can call them and switch to Delta member rates at https://www.clearme.com/delta.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:30 am

Clear @ EWR

hey

i seem to remember a long time ago Newark having some clear stations. But they don’t anymore. LGA, JFK, and even HPN have clear. Will clear expand to EWR anytime soon? With how crazy the lines have gotten in terminal C I’d pay to expedite that process

josh
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think the odds are slim to none for the next few years. Since DL now has partial ownership of CLEAR, the last thing they want is for CLEAR stations to appear in competitor hubs, especially their main terminal.

Plus, the logistics of trying to install CLEAR lanes at EWR Terminal C look near impossible with it's current setup.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally got to use the CLEAR lane at Coors Field (twice) yesterday. It was nice. Not sure how much time it really saved, and the only time-saving you do is not going through the metal detector. Maybe it's more of a time saver when the ballpark is sold-out.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
==========

Last edited by jacobguo; Jan 31, 2019 at 1:56 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Clear @ IAD

Just booked a ticket out of Dulles - can one combine Clear + Pre-Check there?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
CLEAR is at the main terminal, not East Terminal.

If that isn't a restriction, have fun.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yes, you can, but it's probably a huge waste of money to get Clear just for that.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have Clear already - thanks!

The information that I looked at said that the East and West checkpoints had Clear but that TSA pre check was "in the middle" , so I wasn't sure how that worked.
Nexpoman likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nexpoman
Yes, you can, but it's probably a huge waste of money to get Clear just for that.
I still have yet to register, but IAD and DCA were two of the reasons CLEAR was recommended to me in the first place. Is it generally not bad? It's only been maybe 10 people deep in the precheck lane the last few times I've gone through, but I've heard it gets much worse.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My free run on precheck is coming to end, plus no global traveler needs renewed (only fly overseas every few years currently).

Question-my home airport PHL does not have CLEAR yet. If I sign up for CLEAR, will I get precheck automatically and is Clear only suck for non Clear airports?

(And I'm correct that re-upping with global entry will get me precheck regardless???).

Sorry for what must be redundant question in the thread, I didnt see a sticky up front.

DS
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by danspartan
My free run on precheck is coming to end, plus no global traveler needs renewed (only fly overseas every few years currently).

Question-my home airport PHL does not have CLEAR yet. If I sign up for CLEAR, will I get precheck automatically and is Clear only suck for non Clear airports?

(And I'm correct that re-upping with global entry will get me precheck regardless???).

Sorry for what must be redundant question in the thread, I didnt see a sticky up front.

DS
CLEAR is private and has no bearing on GE and PreCheck. CLEAR wouldn't help at all since it's not at your airport. You'd only be able to use it at airports that have it and at the various sporting venues that support it.

Yes, renewing GE will get you PreCheck most of the time, but it is never guaranteed that you will get it on every trip anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.