Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CKDGM
Plus is a perfectly valid character in an email address local-part. I sure hope their infosec is better than their understanding of email standards....
When I was using their kiosk UI during enrollment, I gathered that this is not the case. IMHO.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CKDGM
Plus is a perfectly valid character in an email address local-part. I sure hope their infosec is better than their understanding of email standards....
Sadly, that fact is not widely recognized. I used to use addr+mailbox to sign up for services etc. for filtering purposes and also to help identify if site A gave my address to site B, but many places incorrectly reject + as an invalid character, or through crappy programming URL-decode it as a space.

However I am the admin and sole user of my email domain, so it became easier to just create a new fictitious mailbox instead of trying to use plus addressing.

Then I started using gmail for lots of stuff and got lazy about it and don't use plus addressing at all anymore
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Add a family member for one year for free! Use code FAMVXK528. Expires 10/31/2016.

Edited to add: new family members only.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Oct 25, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Zorak
Interesting, because SEA is one of the airports where I've used it and I don't recall a rescan. But again my memory could be faulty (and I only used it once at SEA). The others being SFO, SJC, BWI, and LAS.
Seems to be hit or miss, given that CLEAR is very new at SEA. My last time there was last week and I had put my phone in my bag in preparation for the x-rays post CLEAR check-in. While I was trying to fish it out, the TSA guy (who was waiting to rescan me with the CLEAR employee next to me) just waved me through after watching me flounder for my phone for 10 seconds or so.

Every week before that for ~5 weeks, I got rescanned. Hopefully as CLEAR matures at SEA, the re-scan will be a thing of the past.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
People have reported in the DL forum that CLEAR opened a couple days ago at DTW.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
So my finger prints didn't work also at SFO, but my eyes did. I went back to IAD and this time there were a lot of CLEAR staff there including a manager. The manager tried to re-enroll me but was not successful in getting it to work with my right hand or thumbs. But it seems to work now with my left and and still with the eyes. He was asking me if I worked with my hands! I said no, my fingers only touched computer keys.

Also the system crashed while he was trying to re-enroll me. Seems like pretty flaky software.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Add a family member for one year for free! Expires 10/31/2016.
Couldn't figure out how use this code for the life of me, so I sent them an e-mail and got this response: "Unfortunately, this promo expired the morning of 10/31/2016."

Guess that explains why it wasn't working last night (still not really sure where you should enter it). Who advertises a promo and has it expire in the morning without specifying the time?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Dupe post - deleted
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Couldn't figure out how use this code for the life of me, so I sent them an e-mail and got this response: "Unfortunately, this promo expired the morning of 10/31/2016."

Guess that explains why it wasn't working last night (still not really sure where you should enter it). Who advertises a promo and has it expire in the morning without specifying the time?
It would've been gracious of them, and better PR, to just have given it to you.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It would've been gracious of them, and better PR, to just have given it to you.
Yeah, I don't even live somewhere that has CLEAR. So of course I won't bother paying for it, given the chance that my +1 and I are traveling together and in departing from a CLEAR city. Oh well.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Well that's good to know. Gotta love Clear's systems.
I decided to contact clear for clarification: they tell me they can't find any account with these details, so presumably that means I also won't be billed (and if I do get billed, a chargeback should be simple).

I'll try another signup (with a non-aliased email) next week, hopefully the 4 month code doesn't expire anytime soon.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt

I emailed them and they apologized that the code was setup to deactivate at midnight "in a time zone that doesn't cover all our members." They happily gave me a new code that worked fine. I setup three family members using it, no issues.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by televisor
I decided to contact clear for clarification: they tell me they can't find any account with these details, so presumably that means I also won't be billed (and if I do get billed, a chargeback should be simple).

I'll try another signup (with a non-aliased email) next week, hopefully the 4 month code doesn't expire anytime soon.
Huh, just yesterday an account confirmation email arrived (approx 2 weeks after signup). It even has my correct phone number. I'm guessing either Clear are monitoring this thread, or the support inquiry somehow got routed to soomeone who knows what they're doing.

However I can't tell if the 4-month code is applied or not: I see a red cross beside "Active Airport Subscription:" along with an "Activate Account" button, but I do have an "Active Sports Subscription [Free]:" with green checkmark.

Actually clicking on the "Activate Account" button shows me:
"Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.Error: Attempt to de-reference a null object"

Seems like I should email their support again to see what's up in any case.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by televisor
Huh, just yesterday an account confirmation email arrived (approx 2 weeks after signup). It even has my correct phone number. I'm guessing either Clear are monitoring this thread, or the support inquiry somehow got routed to soomeone who knows what they're doing.

However I can't tell if the 4-month code is applied or not: I see a red cross beside "Active Airport Subscription:" along with an "Activate Account" button, but I do have an "Active Sports Subscription [Free]:" with green checkmark.

Actually clicking on the "Activate Account" button shows me:
"Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page.Error: Attempt to de-reference a null object"

Seems like I should email their support again to see what's up in any case.
Until you finish enrollment at airport (fingerprints/photp) you can't activate airport.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Signed up with the 1-year free family code about a week ago (my dad is a paid member from way back when). Seemed like things went smoothly and was going to be at the airport to enroll later in the week. Then I get a "your account has been cancelled" email. I log in and it prompts me to renew at the full rate. I do a chat. They claim it gets sorted. I go to the airport, do the biometrics. Go to scan and get payment renewal needed. I have the agent call CS. After about 20 minutes they figure it out and claim I am good to go (fortunately i had a little time to wait). Of course when the call is done it doesn't update but they do a one time payment exception. Later that day I get another email telling me my account as been canceled.

What gives? Anyone had a problem like this before?

Plan to call them back tomorrow as I have a slew of flights this month which happen to have Clear at airports on both ends and would be nice to have the option if the lines are long.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.