Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated CLEAR Information Thread (Locations, Promotions, Value)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
CLEAR rocks, although I will admit I feel a little awkward in LAS when I get to cut in front of everyone in the PreCheck line.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:43 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
CLEAR rocks, although I will admit I feel a little awkward in LAS when I get to cut in front of everyone in the PreCheck line.
The bp/id check lines at TSA P-C in LAS, for every trip I've taken (12-15 times/year) are never very long...clear would save me (maybe) 5 minutes.
But the way CLEAR works: pax NEVER have to show an AGENT a bp or their id--why shouldn't this work for EVERYONE? = speeding up the security check. The "real" answer is $179 vs $0.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Report; DEN 5/22

Co-worker in PreCheck - 15 min to clear vs 40 min on regular non precheck line - yes had one person who was hosed there. Clear - 30 sec through and in the front of Pre line.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: 1 thousand
For me clear was definitely no gain in SEA and SFO, except for one occasion. On that occasion I walked 5 minutes to the other end of the terminal and found another Pre line without a wait (I did have the clear trial, but I also had time to kill and wanted to compare).

I don't really fly at peak times, which is probably why this is the case for me. YMMV.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Rd3
Just a DP...you don't even have to go through Delta to get the $99 annual rate...was on my CLEAR account page, clicked on 'Cancel Membership,' at which point there's a series of 'why are you canceling?' multiple-choice questions--selected 'membership is too high'--got a pop-up offering the $99 annual membership--of course if you have any status/CC w/Delta it's cheaper, but just wanted to share
Awesome, thought it was a fluke on this last year when I got the same, coming up in Aug for a renew and just did this and it said in a few days my account will update to reflect the next renew at $99 (was showing standard $179) - I'm fine paying 99 a year for this or less but $179 is a bit steep
Old May 26, 2017, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by NickP 1K

Co-worker in PreCheck - 15 min to clear vs 40 min on regular non precheck line - yes had one person who was hosed there. Clear - 30 sec through and in the front of Pre line.
This is what I see pretty much every time I visit SFO, though regular lines in T3 aren't quite as bad as DEN. Though international can get quite hairy.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Boraxo
This is what I see pretty much every time I visit SFO, though regular lines in T3 aren't quite as bad as DEN. Though international can get quite hairy.
Oh god, DEN. Even just looking at pictures of it is traumatizing.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Oh god, DEN. Even just looking at pictures of it is traumatizing.
Hasn't it been a year since DIA admitted they needed to address the screening issues (e.g. lack of space for more lanes): http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/13...-tsa-concerns/

Has anything changed in the last year and I just missed it? BTW: is PRE and Clear on both sides of the DIA screening downstairs and in the A bridge?
Old May 27, 2017, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hasn't it been a year since DIA admitted they needed to address the screening issues (e.g. lack of space for more lanes): http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/13...-tsa-concerns/

Has anything changed in the last year and I just missed it? BTW: is PRE and Clear on both sides of the DIA screening downstairs and in the A bridge?
I believe there were able to add a handful of new screening stations, but the wait is still quite bad.

PRE and CLEAR are not available on the A bridge.

Here's a question... do they still require you to show your BP at TSA in DEN?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:50 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
CLEAR helped with the long Pre line at BWI D/E this morning, including two people in front of me who tried to go through the WTMD with their phones -- one in the middle of a call, then put her phone on the belt by itself, then tried to reach in and retrieve it to put it in a dish

Data point: had to rescan BP for TSA.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Data point: had to rescan BP for TSA.
Same for DEN last week - prior use of Clear in SJC a month earlier was no TSA BP scan - caught me off guard when the TSA agent stopped me.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Awesome, thought it was a fluke on this last year when I got the same, coming up in Aug for a renew and just did this and it said in a few days my account will update to reflect the next renew at $99 (was showing standard $179) - I'm fine paying 99 a year for this or less but $179 is a bit steep
Do you have a cancel link when you login to your account? I see nothing when logged into mine. My membership expires at end of August and I have auto-renew off, for what it's worth.

"Your full membership subscription, including travel, sports and arenas, will end on 08/29/18 and is scheduled to not renew. To turn auto-renewal status back on, click the link below.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Do you have a cancel link when you login to your account? I see nothing when logged into mine. My membership expires at end of August and I have auto-renew off, for what it's worth.

"Your full membership subscription, including travel, sports and arenas, will end on 08/29/18 and is scheduled to not renew. To turn auto-renewal status back on, click the link below.
They changed the website, click "Change Renewal Settings" and then click Cancel

Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
They changed the website, click "Change Renewal Settings" and then click Cancel

Ah there it is, thanks!

Now for the better question - has anybody had experiences renewing with a change in Delta status? I was able to get a free membership last year with DL Diamond. This year status has dropped down to Plat. I'm curious if they validate annually or how that process works.

If I end up having to pay, looks like I'm still better off with the DL Plat $79 rate.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Now for the better question - has anybody had experiences renewing with a change in Delta status?
as it happens I recently received a renewal email that addresses that:
​​​​​​
As a reminder, your membership renews in 30 days. Unless your SkyMiles Medallion® Status changes before that time, your CLEAR membership will continue to be complimentary as a part of your Diamond Medallion Benefits.

If your Status does change in the next 30 days, you will be charged based on your Status at the time of renewal on [my renewal date]. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.