Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
I've updated the wiki at the top of this page to include published processing time history via archive.org.
Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by CraigerC
I think the vetting process has come to a grinding halt with all sorts of uncertainty in US policy. I helped my inlaws apply at the same time and nothing. And the estimated wait times have jumped dramatically at the end of Jan and Feb. Will be interesting to see what the number of business days wait is at the end of March. My guess it will be over 60 from the current 47.
My application has been pending for about 50 business days now, give or take a few days for any national holidays on either side of the border.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Did my in-laws applications... finally some progress!

Applied: Jan 14, 2017
Conditional Approval: March 20, 2017
Interview: March 24, 2017
Approval: Pending
Card Arrived Pending
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:53 am

I read over in the general information thread that a 3 person family had conditional approval from January 20 (approval March 20) on 2 of 3 family members. 3rd member was still pending review.

So they must be slowly working through the January stuff right now.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by justsomeengineeringguy
I read over in the general information thread that a 3 person family had conditional approval from January 20 (approval March 20) on 2 of 3 family members. 3rd member was still pending review.

So they must be slowly working through the January stuff right now.

Oops, that was me. Dumb n00b didn't see this thread before. To recap, I applied for me, husband, and daughter at the same time - initial application.

Applied: Jan 20th, 2017
Conditional Approval for Husband and Daughter: March 20, 2017

I have not been approved yet. My husband thought it was funny because I should have been the 'easiest'. Husband is a USPR and daughter dual citizen born abroad. I am just a plain, vanilla USC.

We're going to interview in Blaine, so no real rush to schedule straight away. We're hoping my application is conditionally approved in the next few days and then we'll schedule. Otherwise, I guess I'll just schedule them and cancel/reschedule as/if needed.

I'll update when I get my conditional approval.

Last edited by Fishwrap; Mar 21, 2017 at 10:04 am
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Applied (Initial Application): January 6, 2017
Conditional Approval: March 21, 2017
Interview: March 28, 2017
Card Arrived: Pending

I finally got my conditional approval for NEXUS today, 51 business days after my initial application. Seems in line with the times others have reported recently. I live about 500 miles from the nearest NEXUS enrollment center, but the timing works out nicely as I'll be in Toronto next week...will rent a car and drive down to Fort Erie for my interview, since as usual they have just about every timeslot open while YYZ is full until late April.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Applied (Initial Application): January 6, 2017
Conditional Approval: March 21, 2017
Interview: March 28, 2017

I finally got my conditional approval for NEXUS today, 51 business days after my initial application. Seems in line with the times others have reported recently. I live about 500 miles from the nearest NEXUS enrollment center, but the timing works out nicely as I'll be in Toronto next week...will rent a car and drive down to Fort Erie for my interview, since as usual they have just about every timeslot open while YYZ is full until late April.
If you keep checking, you might be surprised to find something close in.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Just last weekend did our interview. We did along with our folks. So post interview, we see that both mine and my dad's status changed to approved, where as my wife and my mom still shows conditionally approved without interview info. What does it mean? Its been 4 days since the interview and no update on their status.
I am hoping to receive card this week, so will see if all comes through or just for me and my dad.
Any one have seen this situation?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA
4 of 5 family members conditionally approved...

I submitted the initial application for me, my wife, and all three of our children on January 9, 2017. My wife and our children all received notification of conditional approval on March 18 (68 days elapsed). However, my own application (submitted just minutes before the other four) is still pending review.

Anyone else had this delta between family member approvals? How long did it take to get the last approvals? While I have traveled a bit more than the rest of my family, it's not a lot and our travel patterns in the last 5 years (as asked for on the application) have all been identical.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Schwieb
I submitted the initial application for me, my wife, and all three of our children on January 9, 2017. My wife and our children all received notification of conditional approval on March 18 (68 days elapsed). However, my own application (submitted just minutes before the other four) is still pending review.

Anyone else had this delta between family member approvals? How long did it take to get the last approvals? While I have traveled a bit more than the rest of my family, it's not a lot and our travel patterns in the last 5 years (as asked for on the application) have all been identical.
... and my conditional approval came through today, 4 business days after the rest of my family. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż Interviews here we come!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Applied (Initial Application): March 13th, 2017
Conditional Approval: Pending
Interview: Pending

Leaving North America for Summer Vacay: May 1st.
Looks like I'm not making it
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:26 pm
jmz

Initial Application: February 23rd, 2017

Ideally, I'm hoping to be able to get a weekend appointment at Fort Erie (an 11 hour drive away) and to have my card by the middle of May.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:15 pm

Applied for Initial Enrollment: Feb 2, 2017

I thought it would have came through already, but with the pattern here. It seems like it may be awhile more since they're still on January.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by kewldevil
Just last weekend did our interview. We did along with our folks. So post interview, we see that both mine and my dad's status changed to approved, where as my wife and my mom still shows conditionally approved without interview info. What does it mean? Its been 4 days since the interview and no update on their status.
I am hoping to receive card this week, so will see if all comes through or just for me and my dad.
Any one have seen this situation?
Ping again. Anyone in this situation? In the weekend ( 7 days after the interview), two of us got the card but my mom and my wife nada.. no status update either.... Did anyone experience such thing post interview?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by kewldevil
Ping again. Anyone in this situation? In the weekend ( 7 days after the interview), two of us got the card but my mom and my wife nada.. no status update either.... Did anyone experience such thing post interview?
Have your wife and/or mom call in to inquire. It's an odd situation. The approvals are usually immediate after the interview. Unless something was flagged on the two ladies, I'm wondering if they didn't get processed correctly. Let us know what you find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.