Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Nexus card received in the mail today, six calendar days after the interview.
Good to know. We interviewed there on 10/21 and now I'm impatient 😂
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:34 am

Haven't received Nexus card after a month - advice?

Apologies if this infomation is already buried in this thread; if it is, I haven't found it. My GOES account shows that I was approved for Nexus over a month ago on the day of my interview. I still haven't received the Nexus card, though. Has anyone had this issue? Do you know where to find a phone number to call? I've had no luck yet finding advice on either country's Nexus websites. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Received my card in the mail less than one week after the interview. Seem to recall most people having similar results.

Should not take one month to get the card.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mapleg
Received my card in the mail less than one week after the interview. Seem to recall most people having similar results.

Should not take one month to get the card.
I got mine less than a week after interview as well. Interviewed and approved Sunday, card generated on Monday, received by Saturday (did not check every day during the intervening time though).
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:02 pm

Approval Taking a Long Time

Application Date - August 24
Conditional Approval - October 26
Interview Date (next available) - February 7 at YEG

Talk about bureaucracy . . . no available alternatives sooner other than driving to Montana on December 8. YYC next available date was beginning of March.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:08 pm

Approved!

Got my approval on Monday Oct. 24! There were appointments available next day at all three nearby offices - Intl Falls, Warroad, and Pembina, but as we'll need to schedule some time off work we're going up the end of next week to IFalls.

Originally Posted by zeebanker
See above
Thanks much for the info! Sounds like we'll be able to get scanned when we go up, this is great news!

Timeline:
Both applied on Aug. 18
Wife approved Oct. 14
Me approved Oct. 24
Next day interviews available at all 3 MN/ND offices

Last edited by pokerdragon; Oct 26, 2016 at 2:06 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:11 pm

Phone #s

Originally Posted by Nexpoman
Apologies if this infomation is already buried in this thread; if it is, I haven't found it. My GOES account shows that I was approved for Nexus over a month ago on the day of my interview. I still haven't received the Nexus card, though. Has anyone had this issue? Do you know where to find a phone number to call? I've had no luck yet finding advice on either country's Nexus websites. Thanks!
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html#info-reg
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Iceland
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html#info-reg
Thanks Iceland!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jasonisgreen
My Wife and I both applied on June 24. I was approved on August 28, but her application still says pending review. From reading other people's experiences posted on here, this seems like a very long time! Could her application be stuck in limbo in the system some how?

I've tried calling in twice to talk to someone and gotten nowhere. Has anyone had any success with talking to someone after having their application be stuck in "pending review" for a long time? Is there anyone that can investigate?

Thanks!
Update: Called in again and explained my wife's application has been stuck in "Under Review" for 4 months and that it was stuck on the Canadian side (was told this in an earlier conversation). The agent looked up her file and immediately commented that no one had touched her application!!! She said she would escalate it, and two days later she was approved. So frustrating that her application was stuck in limbo for 4 months!

We leave for our honeymoon next Saturday (8 days from now), so it is pretty much impossible to get our cards before we leave
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: A few, *G,
Originally Posted by Payd1964
Application Date - August 24
Conditional Approval - October 26
Interview Date (next available) - February 7 at YEG

Talk about bureaucracy . . . no available alternatives sooner other than driving to Montana on December 8. YYC next available date was beginning of March.
as listed itt many times, earlier dates do open up. Keep checking the calendar in Goes a few times a day. It's not bureaucracy, it's volume of applications.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 6:23 pm

To complete the cycle...

Applied 7/22
Conditional 9/19
Interview 10/21
Cards in hand 10/28
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:37 pm

Applied 8/20
Conditional 10/28

I applied for family 2 weeks later 9/3, so still waiting for their approval. Some questions -

1. Do i have to wait for their conditional approval and schedule interview together?
2. How do i schedule interview together with the family when ids are different?
3.Any tricks to get a sooner interview date , i believe just need to keep checking the page few times in a day?

Also, i assume nexus could be used for Global entry as well. Are there any additional steps which i need to do to use it for global entry?

Last edited by mmcool; Oct 28, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:00 pm

I have called the Nexus Enrollment Center for updates on my application but they said to call the Nexus vetting center... what number are you guys calling to get app info? Mine still says "Pending Review" 7 weeks later, but by the looks of it's taken 2 months for the October approvals to come in.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:01 pm

Final update:

Jul 27 : Applied (wife, kid and myself)
Sep 24: Wife conditionally approved
Oct 3: Kid and I conditionally approved
Oct 24: Interview and final approval (International Falls, MN)
Oct 29: Recd all three cards in mail
Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:55 pm

Hey

Anyone else with card delivery updates for YVR or Vancouver Urban? They told me 4-6 weeks, but its sounding like from the testimonials here that I should expect it within the week. I interviewed yesterday at YVR and got my approval emails by the time I left the parking garage. Do mail out times vary by location? Do the cards get generated and mailed locally or from a centralized office?

Originally Posted by AkWxMan
Update: Was able to get to YVR on Thursday Oct 20 at 930am. No issues, US interviewer was very interested in all my travels to SE Asia. Canadian interviewer was very nice, a few basic questions, and that was it. Got the iris scan and was on my way.

Surprise this morning (Monday 10/24) as my new NEXUS card was there! Pretty quick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.