Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 9:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
My entire family has Nexus up for renewal next year but in different months. I applied for everyone's renewal on the same day last month. Will the approvals (and interviews if reqd) be by date from expiry or will they approve them all together so I can do one trip for interviews if reqd.
My guess is they will be evaluated separately without any regard to any other applications. You should have to schedule and rearrange interviews if needed.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:02 pm

Interview at Detroit on Aug 27. Got approval email within 15 min of leaving the Centre. New Iris scan is not required if you are renewing Nexus.

Wife and three kids approved today. Applied on June 18, 2016

Originally Posted by iateapple
My Nexus Renewal Application is conditionally approved today

Applied: June 14, 2016
Conditionally Approved:Aug 24, 2016 @ 5:09 EST
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I applied for renewal for myself & Mrs. rubesl on 7/21 & approval is still pending (her's expires 12/16 & mine expires 3/17). I've read renewal approvals are taking 10 - 12 weeks & about half are approved for renewal with no interview required (I'm expecting an interview because we've been to Turkey, Greece, Russia, Austria, etc.).
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: nexus
My payment was processed for renewal on July 29, so based on the posts here their 4-6 week wait for a renewal is about a month shy of their actual time. Practicing patience here in BC
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by clipp2nd
My payment was processed for renewal on July 29, so based on the posts here their 4-6 week wait for a renewal is about a month shy of their actual time. Practicing patience here in BC
Welcome to FT. Conditional approval is about 6 to 8 weeks from application.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I applied for a Nexus renewal on 7/21 & I'm still waiting.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:35 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
NEXUS renewal application: 2016-07-12
Approval without re-interview: 2016-09-15 (9 weeks, 2 days)
Card arrives: TBD, but since my current one is good for another 9 months I'm hardly worrying about it.
ETA: card arrived 2016-09-23.

Last edited by CKDGM; Sep 23, 2016 at 7:53 pm Reason: add card arrival info
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by minkuo67
We are current GE holders who applied for a NEXUS endorsement on 8/4/16. Upon calling CBSA today, we learned from the representative that we had been approved on the Canadian side a little over a week after applying on 8/15, but were also told that CBP on the US side is now taking 12-15 weeks for processing.

I imagine this delay is due both to the wave of new GE applicants after the TSA security line spectacle from early summer and agency-wide funding sweeps rather than any sort of enhanced screening process.
This 12-15 weeks seems about right. I applied for my renewal in June and received the notice in September.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: nexus
Unhappy Nexus approval times lengthy

Originally Posted by 172pilot
This 12-15 weeks seems about right. I applied for my renewal in June and received the notice in September.
I am a Canadian citizen and my Nexus renewal application was submitted mid-July 2016. My Nexus card finally expired on Sept 27, 2016, and I have also booked a flight to the USA for the winter. How much longer before someone reviews my application! Is there NO way to speed the process up.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:49 pm

I am a Canadian citizen and my Nexus renewal application was submitted mid-July 2016. My Nexus card finally expired on Sept 27, 2016, and I have also booked a flight to the USA for the winter. How much longer before someone reviews my application! Is there NO way to speed the process up.
I don't think there's anything you can do to speed up the process. However, you can call the number corresponding to your state/province to inquire. The average time has been around 70 days (10 weeks), plus or minus a few days. It seems to be shortening somewhat since summer peak season is coming to an end. I also applied mid July and received CA last week (total 69 days).

Good luck.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA: MM
My NEXUS expired on July 20 and I reapplied on July 21. I received the conditional approval earlier this week (September 27). Just a data point.

FWIW
DLM
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: Nexus
9+ Weeks

Applied 7/22 for a Nexus renewal. Conditionally approved 9/28. Hoping to interview in Toronto when I visit family for Christmas, but looks like no appointments. I will keep refreshing to see if anyone cancels or if I should go elsewhere. I can't believe it took 9 weeks, 3 days for someone to review a renewal application!!!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:48 am

Look in Fort Erie

Originally Posted by bos_mel
Applied 7/22 for a Nexus renewal. Conditionally approved 9/28. Hoping to interview in Toronto when I visit family for Christmas, but looks like no appointments. I will keep refreshing to see if anyone cancels or if I should go elsewhere. I can't believe it took 9 weeks, 3 days for someone to review a renewal application!!!
If you're in Toronto, Fort Erie is only 90 miles away. They seem to have many more openings there.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by bos_mel
Welcome to FT. If you do a new search every 5 minutes when Toronto NEXUS office is open, you are very likely to find something acceptable to you in the next 48 hours.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We applied for renewal in late July. I was automatically renewed a few days ago without an interview, but an interview was required for Mrs. Fredd. Blaine, WA had a lot of available slots and she went in the very next morning for a short and relaxed interview.

When she mentioned my automatic renewal to the officer, he said that a small percentage are automatic, but that an interview is required for most renewals.

I have no idea whether that's valid, but it's one more bit of information FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.