Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: GE/CREW
Just to let everyone know, on the Appointment Registration page there is a new temporary location, Washington DC is having a 1-week NEXUS enrollment event from September 26th-31st
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:21 pm

Does anyone know how early you have to arrive before your appointment? I booked an appointment for YYZ for multiple people at the same time so was wondering whether you have to be there early?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 6ixPapi
Does anyone know how early you have to arrive before your appointment? I booked an appointment for YYZ for multiple people at the same time so was wondering whether you have to be there early?
10-15 mins to give you time to register and if the previous appt ended early. IMHO based on experience
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to this and it seems like everyone is pretty informative.

I applied June 21st, 2016 and received conditional approval August 29, 2016.

I recall someone asking if anyone has received their conditional approval in the afternoon. I got mine at 1pm.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by 6ixPapi
I had my interview at Detroit this past Saturday morning. I got there about 20 min before my actual appointment time, but they just processed me when I checked in. In fact, I was out the door in 10 minutes, so I was essentially approved before my scheduled time. It might have been because it was 9 am on a Saturday, so maybe it wasn't as busy yet.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:42 am

Can anyone advise me how I can schedule my wife, son and my interviews all at the same? We applied individually online on 6/21 and just all three got conditionally approved within the past week.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Tim Schmitt
Can anyone advise me how I can schedule my wife, son and my interviews all at the same? We applied individually online on 6/21 and just all three got conditionally approved within the past week.
Which office are you trying to schedule? Log into your GOES account and see if you can select three interviews at the same time slot or close to each other. If you can only schedule one or two on the same day, just go in and ask nicely if s/he can interview you all three. Worse case is no. It is very likely they will interview you all three.

Good luck and let us know your result.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by BenderBRodriguez
Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to this and it seems like everyone is pretty informative.

I applied June 21st, 2016 and received conditional approval August 29, 2016.

I recall someone asking if anyone has received their conditional approval in the afternoon. I got mine at 1pm.
Welcome to FT. When is your interview?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Which office are you trying to schedule? Log into your GOES account and see if you can select three interviews at the same time slot or close to each other. If you can only schedule one or two on the same day, just go in and ask nicely if s/he can interview you all three. Worse case is no. It is very likely they will interview you all three.

Good luck and let us know your result.
I thought it was basically published in writing somewhere that as long as you schedule all members of your family for the same day, they will process everyone at the same time, even if the timeslots are spread throughout the day?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
I thought it was basically published in writing somewhere that as long as you schedule all members of your family for the same day, they will process everyone at the same time, even if the timeslots are spread throughout the day?

I will be going to Detroit for the interview.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. When is your interview?
Thank you!

My interview is at Fort Erie on September 11, 2016. Could've done my interview at YYZ on September 5th but I will be in the United states for the long weekend. (California to be exact)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Tim Schmitt
I believe the advice is to take the entire family to the first interview. Ideally you would book your interviews on the same day even if not consecutive appts and then just go to the first interview.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:39 pm

Please wake me up when there are any July approvals.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I believe the advice is to take the entire family to the first interview. Ideally you would book your interviews on the same day even if not consecutive appts and then just go to the first interview.

Update: I called Detroit NEXUS center and they advised that if I book all of us on the same day and we all show up to the FIRST interview of the day that is booked, then we will be interviewed together. The interviews do not need to be booked in consecutive time slots, but they do need to be booked on the same day.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Bulls729
Just to let everyone know, on the Appointment Registration page there is a new temporary location, Washington DC is having a 1-week NEXUS enrollment event from September 26th-31st
My nexus application is still in pending review. If possible, could you provide the temporary DC nexus interview location address? Thanks!

Last edited by sai13; Aug 31, 2016 at 8:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.