Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by 6ixPapi
When rescheduling appointments, can we just state "better timing" in the reasons box?
As well, what type of questions are asked at the interview?
Probably, I just wrote 'scheduling conflict' a bunch of times when I rescheduled.

They would ask you to verify the things you wrote on your application like "where do you live?" "what do you do for living?" "what's your full name?" "how many passports do you have?"... simple things, took less than 5 minutes before they approved my application.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:49 am

Hello!

My family applied June 12 and was conditionally approved last week, except for me. What I find interesting (or just unlucky) is that my kids who I put down as their legal guardian were also approved but my application is still being reviewed. Is this normal or should I call someone? If so, who should I call, my local enrollment center? Thanks! This site has been very helpful!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Nexus
Do you have dual nationality? I applied on 12th June and I am still waiting. I can only think of Dual nationality being cause of this delay in my case.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:33 am

Hi all,
Data point and question. Applied 7/27 for my wife, my toddler and myself. Still pending review But I wanted to update my profile to enter an email id because I did not enter one at time of original application. Interesting to note that our profiles now have a "PassID". Does this mean anything? This is different from the application number. And I noticed it on top of the main screen after I log in as well (didn't notice it before).

TIA; this thread has been very helpful. Will keep you posted; I anticipate a 8-10 week process based on what people have reported here lately.

Edited to add:
OK, a little more research seems to indicate that the PassID is something that is generated after the Canadian side has finished their review but the final review by the US side is pending. Any confirmations of this theory?

Last edited by zeebanker; Aug 24, 2016 at 8:52 am Reason: More info
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Crazystar
Do you have dual nationality? I applied on 12th June and I am still waiting. I can only think of Dual nationality being cause of this delay in my case.
Could also be related to very frequent travel, especially to (US) unfriendly countries. There's really no way to know.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by zeebanker
Hi all,
Data point and question. Applied 7/27 for my wife, my toddler and myself. Still pending review But I wanted to update my profile to enter an email id because I did not enter one at time of original application. Interesting to note that our profiles now have a "PassID". Does this mean anything? This is different from the application number.

TIA; this thread has been very helpful. Will keep you posted; I anticipate a 8-10 week process based on what people have reported here lately.
I applied on 7/14 and my online profile had the PASSID a few days after applying. I think it's just automatic when the application is properly filed and payment is confirmed.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:50 am

No, not dual. Strange that my kids were approved but their sponsored guardian is still pending.
update:
I was literally just approved.

Last edited by Coug; Aug 24, 2016 at 9:22 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Coug
No, not dual. Strange that my kids were approved but their sponsored guardian is still pending.
update:
How about that! Congrats.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
How about that! Congrats.
Hang in there!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
A friend applied around June 10 and received approval last week, so about 10 weeks.

I applied July 4 and still pending. Will provide update when approved.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Coug
update:
did you end up calling someone?? my wife is still waiting approval even thought my kids and I were approved last Friday night. She applied one day later. Looks like she is going with us to the interview to avoid the extra documentation for the kids. then she will have to go back when she gets approved.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dave4482
did you end up calling someone?? my wife is still waiting approval even thought my kids and I were approved last Friday night. She applied one day later. Looks like she is going with us to the interview to avoid the extra documentation for the kids. then she will have to go back when she gets approved.
No, I was going to call a local enrollment center but I was approved shortly after posting that.

For reference, my family was approved last Thurs (8/18) and I was approved today (we all applied June 12). So maybe your wife's app is in the same slow pile as mine, maybe tomorrow?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:32 pm

Husband and my Nexus application were conditionally approved today.

Both applied June 15, 2016
Conditionally approved August 24, 2016 @ 1:09 AM EST
First available interview appointments at Champlain, NY, on August 29, 2016
Our interviews scheduled for Sept 6, 2016

Appreciated the information learned here as enabled us to understand the process better and realize our timing was in line with others. Thanks to all who shared.

Last edited by NanD; Aug 24, 2016 at 3:43 pm Reason: type
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: Nexus
I got conditional approval today. I applied on 12th June.

I couldn't find any time slot Thursday or Friday at YYZ or Niagara falls. I am flying to New Zealand on August 27th.

I will keep checking if I get lucky.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I got conditional approval today. I applied on 12th June.

I couldn't find any time slot Thursday or Friday at YYZ or Niagara falls. I am flying to New Zealand on August 27th.

I will keep checking if I get lucky.
You will, if you try hard.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.