Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by livebetter_travelmore
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Did you receive an email or an actual letter? Seems like we applied on the exact same date. Nothing for me yet ;(
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Did you receive an email or an actual letter? Seems like we applied on the exact same date. Nothing for me yet ;(
I received an email, subject "PROD-GOES - Account Status Change", alerting me to login to my GOES account. Mind you, I was logging into my GOES account daily anyway just in case I missed or never got an email. But, as with my Global Entry's conditional approval notification, I did receive an email to check my GOES account. The conditional-approval "letter" appeared in my message inbox of the GOES account, and the status of my application was changed from "pending review" along with a button to select for scheduling an appointment.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:14 pm

I received an email, subject "PROD-GOES - Account Status Change", alerting me to login to my GOES account. Mind you, I was logging into my GOES account daily anyway just in case I missed or never got an email. But, as with my Global Entry's conditional approval notification, I did receive an email to check my GOES account. The conditional-approval "letter" appeared in my message inbox of the GOES account, and the status of my application was changed from "pending review" along with a button to select for scheduling an appointment.
Spoke too soon, just got mine too!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
As far as "close", I live in Austin TX so that isn't happening, lol. But on a plus note, I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few available appointment slots (including locations that perform iris scans) anywhere from the next couple of days to a month out. I've been looking forward to another Canadian vacation to get a respite from the TX heat, so I easily booked something in the next few weeks.
Still waiting for mine here, but glad to hear it will hopefully come soon.

AUS-YVR was cheap recently but has gone up. I think the cheapest Canadian destination I saw from AUS in a recent search was YUL.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:27 pm

Just booked my appointment. Closest center for me is SEA but they don't have appointments until 2017, meanwhile both centers in YVR are wide open as early as this week. Booked for August 30th as it worked best for my travel schedule.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Woohoo! Finally, after 11 weeks plus one day, I received my NEXUS conditional approval. I was one of those mid-May applicants who's been waiting a while. Was surprised to see the conditional approval letter appear (and dated) on a Saturday no less.
Spoke too soon, just got mine too!
Both of you applied May 13?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Both of you applied May 13?
Yeah, it appears that way.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Just booked my appointment. Closest center for me is SEA but they don't have appointments until 2017, meanwhile both centers in YVR are wide open as early as this week. Booked for August 30th as it worked best for my travel schedule.
Did you by chance notice availability for Blaine? With Seattle that full, thinking about flying into BLI and driving up to Blaine or Vancouver when my approval letter comes. Glad to see some movement at last on applications.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Did you by chance notice availability for Blaine? With Seattle that full, thinking about flying into BLI and driving up to Blaine or Vancouver when my approval letter comes. Glad to see some movement at last on applications.
Blaine also seemed to be widely available.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Yeah, it appears that way.
So nearly 3 months. Damn, that's slow.

Won't see mine till October or then....
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They really are working weekends. Received my conditional approval today, letter dated 7/31!

I'll try to run through the more notable interview center times in the rest of this post. Note I won't be keeping this post current, so consider this a snapshot overview as of 7/31. Of note, Mondays seem to be quite popular everywhere:

Seattle is full until January 2017

Sweetgrass, MT is full for August, not available until September 6

Derby Line, VT not available until mid-November

Detroit not available until next week

Halifax not available until mid-September

YUL not until mid-August

YOW not until beginning of September

YYZ is available for a few times this week, but sparsely after that

All others not mentioned specifically are relatively widely available for August and onward. Some (e.g. Sault Ste. Marie) are practically wide open.

Last edited by TheBOSman; Jul 31, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
They really are working weekends. Received my conditional approval today, letter dated 7/31!

I'll try to run through the more notable interview center times in the rest of this post. Note I won't be keeping this post current, so consider this a snapshot overview as of 7/31. Of note, Mondays seem to be quite popular everywhere:

Seattle is full until January 2017

Sweetgrass, MT is full for August, not available until September 6

Derby Line, VT not available until mid-November

Detroit not available until next week

Halifax not available until mid-September

YUL not until mid-August

YOW not until beginning of September

YYZ is available for a few times this week, but sparsely after that

All others not mentioned specifically are relatively widely available for August and onward. Some (e.g. Sault Ste. Marie) are practically wide open.
Do you recall the date your applied? How is Champlain?

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
Do you recall the date your applied? How is Champlain?

Thanks.
Either 5/14 or 5/15.

Champlain doesn't have an available time until August the 9th, but is open for at least one spot per day for the rest of August, as well as September and October.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:22 pm

Do Canadian permanent residents with NEXUS from Visa waiver countries (ie UK, France, Japan etc) have to still go through the I94 visa waiver, ETSA and all that?

My mother is a Netherlands national permanent resident of Canada living 5 minutes from downtown Detroit. She goes through a sometimes hours long BS at border just to pick me up at DTW when I visit and then months later has to make a special stop to give back I94. She basically avoids the US because of this, which is annoying for me and her grand kids as we now live there. Was wondering if NEXUS program would help with this?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:11 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Either 5/14 or 5/15.

Champlain doesn't have an available time until August the 9th, but is open for at least one spot per day for the rest of August, as well as September and October.
Thanks. My spouse/kids applied May 25. Hoping YUL or Champlain have something before September....that's assuming they get their conditional approval in the next two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.