Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Delta Platinum, UAL 1K+Club, Natl Emerald Exec, NEXUS/Pre/Global Entry
It took a couple weeks after the on-line application to get an invite for an interview. The interview at Whirlpool Bridge took about 40 minutes. Had to come back a second time because their iris scanner was "unavailable." That took about 10 minutes.

Received a card about two weeks after the interview.

Coming back from vacation in Calgary Saturday AM last month I waved the NEXUS card, a kind lady dressed up in a red hat grabbed me, and I was through customs and security in 11 minutes, bypassing hundreds of people in the customs line and a security line that wrapped back around the hallway into the customs area exit.

Best $50 I've ever spent.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by eyeballer
Just applied for our 2 month old.. hoping for a quick approval, we'll be in YVR in 2 months...
Just got his conditional approval. June 20th application, August 7th approval notice.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Received conditional approval this morning, just a few days short of 7 weeks..

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Applied for GE in 2009 (while it was still the pilot program) and then NEXUS in 2011. My membership expires next January, so I figured that I would start the process early (and obviously just do NEXUS this time around)..

Applied 6/25 - application still pending review.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada E50K
For comparison - applied July 2, approved August 13. Now to the interview...
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Applied for a newborn July 7, any hope of getting it before labor day weekend?

There really shouldn't be much of a background check when he just came out of mom's womb!
Conditional approval received Aug 18, currently have Aug 27th in Blaine scheduled, woohoo!

I made the nexus application right after birth, did not even receive the printed birth certificate or passport at that point.

Birth Cert # field on the application was not enforced so left it blank.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Conditional approval received Aug 18, currently have Aug 27th in Blaine scheduled, woohoo!

I made the nexus application right after birth, did not even receive the printed birth certificate or passport at that point.

Birth Cert # field on the application was not enforced so left it blank.
Great to hear. Happy that my prediction was off and that your baby will have it's NEXUS card soon.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by VillageId10t
Great to hear. Happy that my prediction was off and that your baby will have it's NEXUS card soon.
Checked constantly for cancellations and got a YVR appointment this weekend, which would give me 10 business days to get the card before labour day
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:23 am
bha

Weird...

My wife and I both renewed on the same day. Can't recall the date but it was about 40 days ago.

She got three identical emails today saying "check GOES, there was an update". When she logs in she sees that she was approved and apparently a card is on the way to her in the mail.

I didn't get any emails but when I log in to my account, I have a notice that says "conditional approval" and informs me that I need an interview. However, my application status still says 'pending review'. There is no 'schedule interview' button anywhere on the site.

My notification came early this morning so maybe they haven't fully updated yet. But seems weird that I got conditional approval but can't schedule an interview. Does that take some time before my 'pending review' status changes to a schedule interview button or something like that?

Just wondering if others have experienced the same thing before I call them and start asking what's going on!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Applied 6/19
Conditionally approved 8/7
Interviewed 8/19
Card received 8/24

Interviews at Blaine are pretty much wide open, Boeing Field is full until around January last I checked, though you can snag an earlier time if you check in often. If you interview at Blaine, you can cross into Canada via Pacific Highway for the walk-in iris scan.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
NEXUS card received!

Originally Posted by vinnyc
Just received the conditional approval notification. Applied and submitted on June 8, conditional approval on July 31. I will come back and post the full timeline when I get interviewed and approved.

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Here is my full timeline:

Trusted Traveler Program: NEXUS
Citizenship: France
NEXUS Qualification Basis: U.S. Permanent Resident
Application Type: Online (through the GOES website)
Application Submission Date: 08-Jun-2015
Conditional Approval Date: 31-Jul-2015
Scheduled Interview: 22-Aug-2015
Interview Location: Montréal Trudeau Airport (YUL)
Approval Date: 22-Aug-2015 (2 hours after leaving the interview)
Card Received: 27-Aug-2015

I just activated the card moments ago. Interview was really short. The Canadian Borders agent was super polite and nice, he just took my iris scan and explained to me the program. The U.S. CBP agent was very nice too. He didn't say much and it was quick because I am already a Global Entry member and know how it works.

My interview was scheduled at 3:00pm on that day, and I flew especially from NYC in the morning for the day in Montréal. Since I arrived at 10am, I did a walk-in to get processed ahead. The front desk agent was very understanding when I told her that if they could do it, it would be really appreciated so I can spend more time with my friends in Montréal (instead of having to cut my visit short to get back to the airport). She asked both the Canadian and the U.S. agents, and came back telling me that they will try to squeeze me in, but after the people scheduled.

The Canadian agent processed me 5 minutes later, but I had to wait 40min until an available U.S. CBP agent could process me (U.S. side seems understaffed vs. Canadian). I walked out of the NEXUS Enrollment Office at 11:45am, so I was able to g meet my friends for more time before flying back to NYC in the evening.

Definitely a very nice experience!

Cheers,
-vinnyc

Last edited by vinnyc; Aug 28, 2015 at 9:48 am Reason: Typo in the HTML code
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:09 am

Initial Enrollment

I applied for initial enrollment on 7/17, called CBSA today to ask current wait times, and they suggested they were looking around 8 weeks.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 6:44 am

I applied 7/15, got conditional approval 8/28, interview on 8/30 at PE Trudeau Montreal
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Ok, so here's a weird question:

My wife and I (U.S. citizens, based CONUS) applied for the Nexus card a few weeks ago. Still "Pending".

BUT, I have an opportunity to pop up to Vancouver for a day next week.

Can we do iris scan enrollment in advance of the rest of the process - even if we haven't been interviewed or sent a card yet?

TDM
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Ok, so here's a weird question:

My wife and I (U.S. citizens, based CONUS) applied for the Nexus card a few weeks ago. Still "Pending".

BUT, I have an opportunity to pop up to Vancouver for a day next week.

Can we do iris scan enrollment in advance of the rest of the process - even if we haven't been interviewed or sent a card yet?

TDM
No. You need to be approved before you can get your iris scan.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:51 pm

Friend just received approval today for an infant. 1 day short of 6 weeks from application date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.