Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Applied for GE in 2009 (while it was still the pilot program) and then NEXUS in 2011. My membership expires next January, so I figured that I would start the process early (and obviously just do NEXUS this time around)..

Applied 6/25 - application still pending review.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by sillypainter
Update:

My friend applied on May 27 and he got approved on July 13. I applied for my children on the 31'st so I assume my applications will be approved tomorrow or latest by the end of the week.
Same here, applied on May 27th and got conditionally approved July 9th.

Currently have an interview scheduled for July 30th at Pearson.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, NEXUS
Applied May 3rd, interviewed June 1st. Card arrived June 10th. Appointment out of YEG would have been in September, but I kept checking for any earlier openings. Just happened to luck out with a much earlier appointment.

I noticed that there was a walk in while I was there. The CBSA agents asked their American counterpart if it was OK with them, as they had time and were not busy. Didn't think that was allowed!!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by VillageId10t
Hope the timeline is accurate but not holding my breath. I applied for our family of 4 on May 28th so I should see conditional approvals by end of this week if it holds true.
Shocking Update! Finally got conditional approval for all 4 of us today. Guess I could've held my breath.

Applied: May 28th
Conditional approval: July 16th (Exactly 7 weeks from submitting application).
Interview date: October 24th (No interview spots for more then 1 person in Calgary until October 19th).

We also don't travel to the U.S. until 3rd week in November so no rush to move up the interviews.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:51 pm

Applied May 31 for 6 children.

First child got approval today July 17.

I had a stretch of 3 days between my wife and all my children, so now I hope I will have all done by next week :-)

ETA: all my children are now approved except one which I only did on June 3 VS. The rest and my wife which was done on May 31.

For those who ask. I got a couple approvals on Saturday, so you can definitely be approved on a Saturday.

Last edited by sillypainter; Jul 18, 2015 at 9:26 pm
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite
I'm on day 50 and still have 'pending review' status
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
Still waiting for NEXUS...

Hello all -

I am currently a Global Entry member and applied for NEXUS on June 8, 2015 and still waiting for my conditional approval as of today, July 27, 2015 (49 days).

I called the both the GOES support number and the Canadian Border Services. The U.S. side was not very helpful and just said that it is still pending. I asked them whether they knew if it was cleared on the Canadian side and the agent said she had no idea and that I should wait until August 8 to call back, as it can take up to 2 months. she could only see on the U.S. side and all she saw was that it is waiting for approval by the U.S. CBP.

I then called the Canadian side, and got the nicest person ever (I spoke French with her, not sure if that helped), and she told me that on the Canadian side, they cleared me on June 12, which is only 4 days after my application was submitted. She looked surprised that it is still not cleared on the U.S. CBP side, but that it may be because of the summer season with everybody traveling and applying.

She wanted to ask the U.S. Superintendant for info (since he is sitting in the same office), but apparently he is on vacation this week, so she gave me her direct line number and told me to call her back next week when the U.S. Superintendant is there to have an inquiry.

I love Canadians, their efficiency and their kind manners!

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:01 pm

Vinnyc- I have 6 children ka"h. My youngest applied on June 4, and got approved on Monday July 27, so your application will be approved latest by next Monday.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by sillypainter
Vinnyc- I have 6 children ka"h. My youngest applied on June 4, and got approved on Monday July 27, so your application will be approved latest by next Monday.
Thanks for your message Sillypainter. I will keep everybody here posted in any case.

Cheers
-vinnyc
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:22 am

Applied Jun 17

This process is frustrating that there is no clear information on where it is in "Pending Review". I now handle all my company accounts in Canada so not having it is torture.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by B747F
This process is frustrating that there is no clear information on where it is in "Pending Review". I now handle all my company accounts in Canada so not having it is torture.
Yes, it is very frustrating. My best guess is that you should receive your "Conditional Approval" right around the 7 week mark.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 2:55 pm

Applied for a newborn July 7, any hope of getting it before labor day weekend?

There really shouldn't be much of a background check when he just came out of mom's womb!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Elite
Originally Posted by Small Shiny Objects
I'm on day 50 and still have 'pending review' status
My wait is over. I received conditional approval today.

Applied June 4th, conditionally approved July 29th.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Applied for a newborn July 7, any hope of getting it before labor day weekend?

There really shouldn't be much of a background check when he just came out of mom's womb!
If I were a betting man, I would bet no. Your newborn should be conditionally approved around the week of August 24th if the 49/50 day wait holds true and that leaves you maybe 1 week to get an interview scheduled. Depends on your location as it may be possible to schedule an interview within a few days. For YYC, if you were approved today, first available appointment is October 28th but if you were to go to Blaine, you could get an appointment for tomorrow easily.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:41 pm

Conditionnally Approved

Just received the conditional approval notification. Applied and submitted on June 8, conditional approval on July 31. I will come back and post the full timeline when I get interviewed and approved.

Cheers,
-vinnyc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.